Gothic 3 - Review @ Games Radar

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Games Radar is the latest US site with a Gothic 3 review and the result is 6/10 - here's a snip:
For now, only the hardest of hardcore RPG enthusiasts who make up the bulk of Gothic 3's US fan base should consider picking up this title if their system can handle it. You can expect more post-release patches from Piranha Bytes as they continue to work on improving the technical issues in Gothic 3. But at this moment, we found Gothic 3 to be more frustrating than fun as we saved, loaded, and crashed our way through this epic, yet tedious title.
More information.

While not exactly positive, I view this review as being accurate. The story isn't commented on and therefore we have no idea how far this reviewer advanced in the game. He only dealt with technical issues, which, as we all must agree, is Gothic 3's worst department.

I particularly echo this paragraph:

One wrong move and you’ll be stuck in a stunned or knocked down animation while weak, low level beasts and unarmed enemies have their way with you. On the other hand, this can also work to your advantage because you can just keep swinging at opponents much stronger than you - keeping them stunned as you slowly chisel their health away. But we found this cheap - not challenging.

While certainly not bothersome enough IMHO to keep me from playing the game, it is the single most bothersome problem PB needs to address.

Eventually, you’ll find yourself coming up with all kinds of hair brained schemes to overcome your foes like trailing a group of wolves into a camp of enemies to thin out their numbers.

LOL! This isn't a drawback or workaround for the frustrating combat system, that's just good ole-fashioned GOTHIC ingenuity and the reason the games rock!! :D

Its a fair review and I sorta understand how they feel. I'd have given 7.5 or 8 myself, but i'm a fan more or less :)

Definitely a fair take - as always it isn't about the score but the interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom