Last game you finished, tell us about it - Page 122 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Last game you finished, tell us about it

Default Last game you finished, tell us about it

August 18th, 2017, 09:16
Finished The Aielund Saga again. What a ride. I think the more I play the more I fall in love with this game
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
+1:

August 18th, 2017, 09:18
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Finished The Aielund Saga again. What a ride. I think the more I play the more I fall in love with this game
The NWN mod?

NewDArt

Mentioned: Post(s)

August 18th, 2017, 09:25
oy . . . prologue ???

that's gotta tell ya something. Steam says I had 92 hours in the game, sure hope I don't have to restart.

Dajjer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

August 18th, 2017, 09:34
Originally Posted by NewDArt View Post
The NWN mod?
Yes, I dare say the best NWN module out there
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)

August 18th, 2017, 09:34
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Yes, I dare say the best NWN module out there
Interesting…. I should check it out

NewDArt

August 19th, 2017, 02:01
I just finished Bioshock once more. But this time it was the Remastered version.

Bioshock once was marketed a "System Shock spiritual successor", and when I finished it for the first time years ago I pretty much agreed to that. Today, not so much, even knowing Bioshock has a lot of features/design choices taken straight out of System Shock: the plot twist, audio logs, cameras, turrets, vita chambers, undead (splicers), etc etc.

But I judge the game for what it is: a very competent shooter (with light RPG elements) located in one of the most original settings I've ever seen.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

September 4th, 2017, 12:22
I finished Rise of Tomb Raider (anniversary version) including the story add dlc (baba); but have not played any of the stand-alone none campaign content. I thought the game was really well done including the DLC - which I was surprise received relatively low score - I guess for the price point it is kind of expensive for a few hours of play but I received it as part of the complete game and therefore it was pretty good but short). According to Steam it took me 40 hours to complete the game - i only played single player campaign on survior mode which is one of the middle difficulties).
-
While i thought the game was great some folks won't like it. I know Joker won't like it cause it has regenerating wolves; and turn base folks won't like it. I found the story fine - though some folks will find it shallow or silly. Also it has a teaser at the end of the credits (guess the developer been watching too many marvel movies).
-
I would give it a 9/10; could use more tombs as they had decent puzzles and the campaign kind of went on a bit too long.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

September 4th, 2017, 13:30
Originally Posted by you View Post
Joker won't like it cause it has regenerating wolves; and turn base folks won't like it.
You're wrong.
Yes they do respawn but only on certain rare spots and are (at least later) easily killable. Besides, you don't pass through those spots so many times to be bothered with it.
Sure, the game would be better without that filler crap, but I actually love the game. The campaign that is.
Online survival modes the game has I hate with passion. Forget wolves, check those online survival idiocies where zombies appear every few seconds. Those modes need to die and whomever designed them needs to be banned from games industry.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 148 Post(s)

September 4th, 2017, 15:56
All right - got it - wolves are fine but bears are a no-no when it comes to respawn. I'll have to remember that detail.

Btw I should have said that I really didn't find this game that similar to the previous one. I thought it was much better (the previous one I would give a 7ish). This one had much better maps; puzzles and imho story (though the story wasn't that great - ok maybe it isn't the actual story that is good but how it is presented).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 4th, 2017, 19:19
I can do this! I can do this!! Yes, I can do this!!!
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 4th, 2017, 20:57
Congrats !!! But if I might be so bold to ask; what is 'this' that you can do ?

Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
I can do this! I can do this!! Yes, I can do this!!!

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 4th, 2017, 21:35
I believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
My Backlog
http://www.backloggery.com/mattynoaa

Nephologist

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 4th, 2017, 23:02
Aaand finished Balrum. Quite enjoyed the first half of the Game. Second one contained too many enemies and combat became tedious.
Finally also grabbed all the remaining achievements.
Now it's Review-Time!
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

September 7th, 2017, 03:55
Originally Posted by you View Post
Congrats !!! But if I might be so bold to ask; what is 'this' that you can do ?
Why, plenty of things. Fight a grizzly with a pocket knife. Scale a mountain bare with a crowbar. Or take on an army of mercs. If you're a Croft and you believe in yourself, there is no limit to what you can do.
( Though all the moaning is kind of nice )
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 14th, 2017, 21:58
I just finished my second run of PoE (the first was right after release), and I just have to say: Wow. It was a totally different experiece to what I remembered. I had put PoE in the "Ok"-box, but now I had to take it out and put it among the Greats. The mechanics felt better, the character building is great, and the expansions were really well done. Pretty much everything i disliked in my first run (mainly character progression, class distinction and combat "feel") was highly improved. I'm so glad I took it for a second spin and can't wait for PoE2. Now, on to Dos2!

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
+1:

September 20th, 2017, 21:11
Witcher 3 done. 313 hours, 88% Achievements. Weird game for me, it had everything I could want in a game but for some reason I didn't feel as immersed as in Witcher 2. So No. 2 was the better game for me.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

September 20th, 2017, 21:25
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
I just finished my second run of PoE (the first was right after release), and I just have to say: Wow. It was a totally different experiece to what I remembered. I had put PoE in the "Ok"-box, but now I had to take it out and put it among the Greats. The mechanics felt better, the character building is great, and the expansions were really well done. Pretty much everything i disliked in my first run (mainly character progression, class distinction and combat "feel") was highly improved. I'm so glad I took it for a second spin and can't wait for PoE2. Now, on to Dos2!
Wait, wait, wait.. What extension do you mean please? I was also on the "ok" label for this game. I would like to check that extension and what it changes.

Aerth

September 22nd, 2017, 21:39
I sort of agree. For me the problem was that witcher 3 was a series of very good adventures but somewhere along the way the overall story was lost. So while I enjoy each side quest (adventure); i never really got 'into' it. Maybe it was too big ?

Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Witcher 3 done. 313 hours, 88% Achievements. Weird game for me, it had everything I could want in a game but for some reason I didn't feel as immersed as in Witcher 2. So No. 2 was the better game for me.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

September 22nd, 2017, 23:33
It wasn't. I wanted more of it and still do.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 148 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2017, 01:05
Just finished The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

socialcow

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Tags
games, mini review
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Last game you finished, tell us about it