The TV Series discussion thread

I just finished season 3 of Stranger Things as well. Its not good as season 1 but I found it much better than season 2. It still gave me the "feelz" so I like liked. Overall I really enjoyed it and would rate it 7/10.

I can't understand how anyone could think season 3 was better than season 2. I really had to force myself to even finish season 3. They spent more time talking about relationship issues than focusing on what made the show fun to begin with, and they just kept beating that topic over the head again and again and again...

Yeah pretty much S1>S2>S3, but there were things S3 did netter than S2. I like Max more this time around although she still over-acts on occasion. The plot was a lot more coherent this time too.

Still didn't watch s3 (lack of time and trying to watch as many titles from my "to_watch" overgrown backlog), but I can't shake the feel you're all nitpicking.
Is it fun? Is there a better similar show? Is it so bad you're expecting cancellation? Does it look as a forced mediocrity only to milk more $?

There you go.

Yeah pretty much S1>S2>S3, but there were things S3 did netter than S2. I like Max more this time around although she still over-acts on occasion. The plot was a lot more coherent this time too.

I liked Max and Billy from the get-go and thought they were good additions to the cast. The one character I can't stand is Lucas' little sister. I find her incredibly annoying.

I liked Max and Billy from the get-go and thought they were good additions to the cast. The one character I can't stand is Lucas' little sister. I find her incredibly annoying.

You're being polite by calling her "annoying". She's a real pain the ass! Worst yet, she doesn't contribute to the plot in any meaningful way. I mean, I've watched 7 out of the 8 S3 episodes and so far she didn't. Unless the 8th episode proves me wrong....

Dark
….
Better perhaps is, can't say yet. But similar it is not.

Dark is flirting with experiencing the time itself and ventures into such complexity it could easily end up ignored by long live shallowness critics. Stranger Things, at least it's two seasons, were concentrated on sort of a parallel dimension.

Watched the first episode of Pandora earlier this week. Yeesh. It was like they were trying to see how much crap they could cram into a one hour episode. I suppose these days you have to try and grab an audience right away, rather than focusing on character development. But I'll bet it gets cancelled, sooner rather than later.

Managed to finish season 3 of Stranger Things, really pushed myself. Disaster of a season, they destroyed everything, every character. And season 4 looks like more recycling. If s1 was a 9, s2 a ~7, s3 would be a 3 tops.

Also started Deadly Class, only 2 episodes so far, but look really interesting.

Also started Deadly Class, only 2 episodes so far, but look really interesting.

Deadly Class was an odd egg, and it finally lost me with the pants-soiling episode. (But apparently that scene was in the graphic series.) Happy! did a much better job of portraying the ludicrous, I thought.

From professionals I would never expect seeing captions on top.

Comic Con scifi teasers/trailers pouring in.

I know some didn't like Westworld's season 2, but I loved it. Hopefully that will happen with season 3 too:

The Expanse crossover with Torchwood. Okay kidding about the crossover… Or am I? :)

A new batch of Short Treks incoming. Of course you didn't watch the first 4 ones, shame on you.

But we're all waiting for this Star Trek, right?
No? What do you mean no? Watch the damned trailer and you'll say yes!

I am cautiously optimistic about this. I started Star Trek with Next Generation and Picard is my favourite character so I hope they don't mess it up.

The show does not feel like Next Generation based on trailer. It sounds more like Firefly (which I really liked) and looks like something different. I am fine with different provided if turns out to be really good. I mean, Deep Space Nine is not traditional Star Trek yet it was different and good.

The show does not feel like Next Generation based on trailer. It sounds more like Firefly (which I really liked) and looks like something different. I am fine with different provided if turns out to be really good. I mean, Deep Space Nine is not traditional Star Trek yet it was different and good.

The review I had read stated that Picard is based on a different timeline, one that Spock created(?) in one of the Abram movies. And it hinted that Picard might not even be in the federation. In any event, it appears to be way more substantial than I had thought. I am intrigued. And if CBS all access becomes all (new) Star Trek, then damn . . . I might have to subscribe.

The review I had read stated that Picard is based on a different timeline, one that Spock created(?) in one of the Abram movies. And it hinted that Picard might not even be in the federation.

Urghh... I do hope not. That doesn't seem to fit with anything I've seen about it.

I hope not as well. I hope its proper continuation of the main timeline and not one of the reboots etc. If we think about it, we haven't had any "new" Star Trek in while.

The review I had read stated that Picard is based on a different timeline, one that Spock created(?) in one of the Abram movies. And it hinted that Picard might not even be in the federation. In any event, it appears to be way more substantial than I had thought. I am intrigued. And if CBS all access becomes all (new) Star Trek, then damn . . . I might have to subscribe.

Sounds like bogus news to me. It goes against everything they showed in the trailer.

Back
Top Bottom