What games are you playing now?

I'm actually quite enjoying the Director's Cut. It's not perfect and has some annoyances, but for the most part, it's fun!!

I might be up for a replay of Bard's Tale Four after I finish my trilogy run. Either way, if not sometime this year, early next!

I've got the remaster trilogy installed, but other than a quick run into it to make sure it worked, haven't tried to do anything. At least it's been long enough that if I do play any of the originals, they'll be largely forgotten by now. Unlike MM3, 4, and 5, which I think are completely burned into my brain to the point I could play though them in my head and not miss a square.

I have also been playing Final Fantasy V, the GBA version. Only a couple hours in, but it's actually quit enjoyable, even if I screwed up my initial job allocations.

I was actually surprised at how much I remembered from Bard's Tale one, though that knowledge stalled on the next two games. I probably played the first one so much that I wound up committing most of it to memory!!

Good to see someone else plays the FF games. I'll likely be doing a replay of several of those later this year or early next.

I actually never played them until starting last year. I beat the first one (GBA port again), and last week started 5.

At one time I could walk through the beginner's dungeon in BT2 without light and by memory. That's been a few years now since I've played any of them though, so I'm hoping that I've forgotten most of it.

Greedfall!!! And enjoying it!
Same here! I'm loving it so far. I guess for those who liked the BioWare games of old, this game will be extremely appealing. The quest design is extremely good, and the story and dialogue are very well made as well. The only thing slightly bothering me is the lack of polish in the graphics and animation (particularly facial animations) departments, but I figure I'm getting used to it. Terrific job so far, Spiders.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

Just finished BT2 and I'm now in the first world of BT3. BT2 was a bit of a slog at the end and certainly my least favourite of the trilogy, especially some of those snares.

I think I'm finally going to give Pillars of Eternity Two a shot. I got this one back at winter time and, while I'm not the biggest fan of the first game, this one deserves a shot on it's own merits.

header.jpg

I've been toying around with a cool little game called Blasphemous. It's a mix between a metroidvania and dark souls, with a very unique setting and graphic style. It's very spanish inquisition with heavy religious themes. Really cool stuff.

For a quick look, Jim Sterling does a good job:

I'm playing Dark Souls 3. I only bought the gamd causd my husband kept pestering me about it but I'm actually enjoying it :)

About to finish Ion fury. I'm fighting the boss and it seems like a slog, have to change my tactics as the game keeps throwing enemies at you nonstop. Certainly not fun. I'll just cheat my way through if this keeps up.

The graphics and detail is really nice for a build game. My only gripe is screen can get cluttered with all these little details they threw in and on large open areas I can't get hold of where enemies are. There is no level transition as with DN3D but instead a seamless hopping from one are to the next. It seemed nice at first but I have a hard time understanding how far along I am in the game. TBH I miss the old level approach. Also the area design isn't my favourite. In the end you return to some old places and the whole thing just starts getting repetative. the underground tunnels and acid laboratory are certainly a drag. Had no issues with the variety of guns though (most people seem to complain about this). Overall 7/10

1378.jpg

Put Blasphemous on hold, because I really felt nostalgic for a real gem that I played back in the day, and loved. Namely, Evil Islands. Such an awesome game. Too bad the russian developers at Nival Interactive never managed to get the success they deserved imo.

Yeah, remember that one which was a really pleasant surprise. The very detailed aiming at body parts in this RPG was what fascinated me the most.

It also comes with different versions of very cool box art

Back
Top Bottom