Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC

Looking forward to this. I hope it will rapidly drop in price on release. Unlikely if I look at gta 5.

If I do pick this one up, it will be after it arrives on either great old games or steam. If it has some online requirement, then I'll likely just do without.

Really wondering if the first game will get released along with this.

Really wondering if the first game will get released along with this.

I'd be shocked if that happened. Publishers aren't known for porting older console games for the sake of having the complete series on PC.

Then again, I'm still really surprised they're porting RDR 2.

From what I hear, it helps to have played RDR1 before 2. It isn't just another in a series of unrelated games - playing Final Fantasy 6 doesn't help you understand Final Fantasy 7, for instance.

Though 2 is a prequel so maybe they will expect us to play in reverse? It worked for Yakuza.

Yakuza is not a good example. Unlike Final Fantasy, Yakuza is singleplayer only series.

I remember hearing a gaming podcast where someone close to an insider of Rockstar said something along the lines of "the source code of RDR1 is not in an great state to easily allow compilation to PC architecture". And yeah, XBox360 & PS3 had a lot different architectures than PS4 and XBoxOne which, from what I remember reading, are basically x86 architectures. So it would make sense.

It's obvious that if they could easily do it, they'd port RDR1 to PC immediately for the revenue they would gain.

I've got RDR1 on PS3, but could not for the life of me complete it due to the controller. I hate aiming on a controller. And RDR is quite action focused. So I
d love a pc port. My next best choice is PS Now, but unfortunately it's not available in my country yet. Damn you Sony!

From what I hear, it helps to have played RDR1 before 2. It isn't just another in a series of unrelated games - playing Final Fantasy 6 doesn't help you understand Final Fantasy 7, for instance.

It would probably help to play Destiny before Destiny 2 or the previous GoW titles before GoW 5. Publishers don't care about things like that though. If they don't think their profit margin will be enough to justify the cost of porting it, they're not going to port it.

There's that PS3 emulator though. I haven't checked on it in awhile, but I heard they're making good progress on it.

I've got RDR1 on PS3, but could not for the life of me complete it due to the controller. I hate aiming on a controller. And RDR is quite action focused. So I
d love a pc port. My next best choice is PS Now, but unfortunately it's not available in my country yet. Damn you Sony!

Does playing RDR 1 on a PS4 upscale the image?

Does playing RDR 1 on a PS4 upscale the image?

From what I know you can't play PS3 on PS4. They're not compatible, and PS4 doesn't offer backwards compatibility like XBox One does. Only via PS Now, but then it doesn't run on your console. It's streamed to it.

From what I know you can't play PS3 on PS4. They're not compatible, and PS4 doesn't offer backwards compatibility like XBox One does. Only via PS Now, but then it doesn't run on your console. It's streamed to it.

Ah...that's too bad. I knew it could be played on PS4, but I didn't realize it required a PSNow subscription. I already have too many games to pay $20 a month for a service I would rarely use.

If they don't think their profit margin will be enough to justify the cost of porting it, they're not going to port it.
Quite so - can't go spending 2 million on porting RDR1 when you only expect to get 1 million back. That's just the thing, though - the more the games are linked, the more likely they are to make their money back. There's certainly no reason to do it with Grand Theft Auto, for instance.

Well, this game is coming out pretty soon so we'll find out in just a few weeks.

RDR1 is not mmo nor has any mmo in the bundle.
Forget seeing any port. Rockstar doesn't port singleplayer only games any more for several years already.

Cool. I might be giving this a pop this Christmas, unless something else gets in the way.

For me, I'll schedule this after Mechwarrior 5 (if no further delays happen, or some other surprises pop up).

sysreqs

wQTevT3.png

Back
Top Bottom