Skyshine's BEDLAM - Patch 1.5

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In formation on patch 1.5 for Skyshine's Bedlam has been made public.

We're going in to QA and internal testing with the below changes and we'll see how things turn out. We've been actively listening to you folks and we hope we have covered off on a lot of the various things that have been brought up.

Once get some QA time on it we'll see how it goes and see about getting it out this week.

Release notes

• Bug fixes include end game show stopper, performance related issues and reduced overall map memory to fix never-ending battle loading screens
  • Increased the size of many battle maps and spread out the enemy and player spawns to prevent ambushes at the beginning of combat in every map
  • Powercell pickup awarded immediately in battle
  • Weapons now use 1 action point
  • Balance of equalizers vs. powercell cost
  • Rookies will reach Veteran status after 3 kills with the first level up at 2 more kills and each level up after that requiring 5 more kills
  • Now the heal time is proportional to the unit’s class and health
  • Lowered the overall number of enemies
  • Threat level ramp up tightened
  • The Away Team now has a 4 crew member maximum
  • Away Team sizes of 3 or less will net twice the crude and meat rewards after battle
  • Instead of missing, cover now provides a 50% damage reduction with the exception of directly adjacent attacks
  • Elite battles are more like mini-boss fights against an entire team of one weapon class
  • The encounter spread for Elites is better balanced
  • Rogue A.I. now teleport/shield but do not attack
  • Faction dozers now have starting faction crew
  • Updated Double Down Map now has boundary lines
  • Balanced the powercell reward based on threat level
  • The entire board and all of the valid movement tiles are now displayed
  • Movement flood tiles are now much more prominent
  • Removed the forced encounter outside the gates of Bysantine
  • Changed S.O.L to 3 outcomes and more resources rewarded in good outcome
  • Passengers die off quicker when the Dozer is out of meat
Thanks Eye.

More information.

I played it for a couple of hours and liked it. But I don't how many more I'll play unless they add health on level up and remove that horrible head shot mechanic. I do like the changes they're making this update too though, nerfing the all powerful weapons (requiring an action point) and the change to how cover works. And the AI not teleporting AND attacking is pretty damn nice too. Difficult can be fun, but that was just annoying…

Back
Top Bottom