What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

That one comes from times when Hollywood still knew how to make good movies.
It is both masterpiece and a product that needs to be seen before you die.

Skip the silly remake from 90s.

That one comes from times when Hollywood still knew how to make good movies.
It is both masterpiece and a product that needs to be seen before you die.

Skip the silly remake from 90s.

Was there a remake, or are you thinking of Cape Fear?

Deadpool 2

Absolutely loved it! So goofy, fun, and irreverent! Better than the first one.
Haven't seen it yet but your short post sounds positive. Anyway I was re-watching my Nightmare on Elm Street collection. Love those old horror classics.

I'll re-watch the Chucky collection next.

I'm kind of surprised by the love for Deadpool here. I don't plan on watching Deadpool 2, but I thought the first movie was absolutely terrible.

I'm sure I'm probably just missing the point, but that kind of humor just doesn't do much for me. It doesn't help that I think Ryan Reynolds is highly overrated.

Swiss Army Man. Basically an hour an half long fart joke. I chuckled a few times but it's kinda weird for the sake of weird. I wouldn't say I hated it, but I wouldn't really recommend it.

Life

With Jake Gyllenhal, Ryan Reynolds, and that one Japanese dude from Sunshine, I had decent enough hopes for this movie. It, however, is one of the few recent Sci-Fi flicks that I simply had to stop watching. After 45 minutes of the most ridiculous decisions ever written into the genre (obviously, there would be a makeshift FLAMETHROWER on a space station, and you should totally use it indiscriminately on the walls of said station), I just had to turn this insult to human intelligence off.

3/10

Life

With Jake Gyllenhal, Ryan Reynolds, and that one Japanese dude from Sunshine, I had decent enough hopes for this movie. It, however, is one of the few recent Sci-Fi flicks that I simply had to stop watching. After 45 minutes of the most ridiculous decisions ever written into the genre (obviously, there would be a makeshift FLAMETHROWER on a space station, and you should totally use it indiscriminately on the walls of said station), I just had to turn this insult to human intelligence off.

3/10

The only good thing about Life is that Ryan Reynolds gets killed off fairly early. :)

It wasn't the best movie....

Life

3/10

The only good thing about Life is that Ryan Reynolds gets killed off fairly early. :)

but-why.gif

The Meg. There I said it I watched it.

It made $45 million last weekend.

I'll share this review I agree with.

I even enjoyed watching the Sharknado franchise on Syfy.:biggrin:

Watched Death Sentence (2007) recently. It's based on the book that Death Wish was based on but is much closer to the source material but updated to the 2000's. Directed by James Wan, it has many very exciting, gritty sequences but is, of course, full of "Oh, for fuck's sake!" moments that stretch you to the outer limits of your belivability. John Goodman has a small role but he's the best thing about it, as is usual with his awesome constitution and acting talents.

Finally got a copy of Black Panther from the library, hoping the wait was worth it. I thought they did a good job of introducing Wakanda as a nation in the Civil War movie, so I'm keen on seeing how it stands up.

Watched Black Panther last night, I'd call it a pretty good flick. I found it more comparable to, say, Ant Man than any of the Avenger movies, and perhaps that's why I enjoyed it so much.

Civil War would have been a much better movie had they followed the comic book line. I really don't comprehend why you mess with perfection, by changing things they wound up with a far superior product. So far my two favourite of the Marvel flicks would be Dr. Strange and Ant Man, although I wish they'd told the Pym story, the Lang version was well done. I think Black Panther would probably rank third on the list for me.

Back
Top Bottom