No Time for Dragons

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
Saw that this was being released for the PC and it's party based! Anyone play the russian version?

I have been waiting for this one for years.

The link said it was released yesterday. Hope it is true, looks cool!

Yes, it does. Except for Dragon Age there really haven't been a partybased 3rd person game like this for ages. Plus, steampunk is cool.

Saw that this was being released for the PC and it's party based! Anyone play the russian version?

Looks like it's party based but action, so something like dungeon siege? I think I like Drakensang better :)

What link? Is it out in the US?

Link please, I've been looking foreward to this one too. But can find no info on it at the 1C homepage other than: release in 2009.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you meant the link here under expected releases. TXA here is the link we were both searching for;)

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/reference?ref=0&id=247

Last edited:
That is all I see as well - 2009. At the end of last year apparently they updated the date from 'Q4'08 to '09 ... but it looks like a generic placeholder.

Yes, it does. Except for Dragon Age there really haven't been a partybased 3rd person game like this for ages. Plus, steampunk is cool.

Alright... you're getting me all excited over here with that kind of talk...

Looks like it's party based but action, so something like dungeon siege?

Gee, thanks Wolfing.... now I'm all flaccid again.

Well its supposed to be more actiony combat but BG style quests and hopefully solutions and dialogue...
If you go to the studio webpage in Russian, you can google/babelfish translate the dev posts to get a good idea of the game, of course witha marginal translation but it works enough.

Sertorius have you played the game already, whats your compressed review of it?

How are the quests? Any multiple solutions? Any tactical combat?

Sertorius have you played the game already, whats your compressed review of it?

i did. what happens if you put together Baldur's Gate (not really), Dungeon Siege, Diablo and Sacred? imo crap...

How are the quests? standard FedEx, kill bandits, rescue friend.

Any multiple solutions? sometimes there are two different ways. but why bother?

Any tactical combat? NO! No need at all. Attacking one enemy after another with all chars works in 99%. if not, luring works for sure. Pause is a build-in cheat, you can use heal potions, change equipment etc during pause. And as the enemies only differ in HP and MP amounts, why should you look for other tactics?

Dialogue? Lots of text, no voice acting. Much to read, but the world feels dead, particularly you if didnt read a book before.

the proper title would be "no need for party". if you a friend of action-rpgs you can try it. i am not.

i did. what happens if you put together Baldur's Gate (not really), Dungeon Siege, Diablo and Sacred? imo crap...

Any tactical combat? NO! No need at all. Attacking one enemy after another with all chars works in 99%. if not, luring works for sure. Pause is a build-in cheat, you can use heal potions, change equipment etc during pause. And as the enemies only differ in HP and MP amounts, why should you look for other tactics?

Dialogue? Lots of text, no voice acting. Much to read, but the world feels dead, particularly you if didnt read a book before.

the proper title would be "no need for party". if you a friend of action-rpgs you can try it. i am not.

Well I am a fan of steampunk, so I will try this game. Though I hope it will be modded because it sounds like tactical gameplay would be dependent on that.

Most that doesn't sound too bad for me! I've never been great at tactics in these games, so I do like a streamlined approach. Also, the pause button is my best friend!

I don't care about voice acting, it seems to be bad more often than good anyway.

My only concern would be the world feeling dead.

Back
Top Bottom