Star Citizen Info Thread

If you give me 500M and 1000 talented people who will do exactly as I say for 10 years, then I will revolutionize gaming. That's a promise :)
Hey, I'll do the same! AND I'll send whomever does this a free toaster!

I won't do the same.
I'd need 10 mils, 10 people of which at least one can compose music and other 9 don't need any talent only need to be different from the majority and leave us alone for 3 years. Can't promise revolution, but evolution it would be.
No freebies. But also no pay2win and no scams.

But the penciled in release date is Q4 2020.

That's no contradiction. It would be Beta == Release. Best case scenario. ;)

https://wccftech.com/roberts-squadron-42-above-god-of-war/
Chris Roberts: Squadron 42 Has a Level of Connection, Acting & Characterization Above God of War, RDR2, TLOU
Speaking with GamesBeat in a massive, four-page long interview, Cloud Imperium Games Founder and Game Director Chris Roberts explained what makes Squadron 42 stand out even above the most acclaimed narrative focused games such as Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us, Sony Santa Monica’s God of War and Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption 2.
How about comparing it with some game I've heard of instead next time. Like TW3.

How on earth is it taking them so long to complete the single player version? I'll likely need a whole new rig by the time the bloody thing is released!!

It's primarily a combination of unexpected levels of funding and the no compromise approach to R&D and evolution.

They want to justify the budget - and Chris Roberts wants to make the best space sim in the world.

I think he will, too.

The player knocked that guy out then his friends shot him in the face. Over and over and OVER!

Seems like the base raided about 13 minutes in is very similar to the one raided at the start of the video.

The game will only have one location repeated endlessly! That's what you get for 213M+ ;)

I'm going to have to seriously reconsider the cult membership eligibility of you two!

I apologize, Master! I've been listing to the Media which we all know is controlled by the Kilrathi*!

(* placeholder name - a proper name will be worked out in a future iteration)

How's this game coming along? I check up on it once in a while, but SC still seems so far out. I don't see a lot of coverage for it much these days. Do they have a target release date? Is it still in the alpha stage?

I see that the most recent video Darth posted was just over a month ago, so I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near complete. Still, I do wonder how progress is.

CIG release weekly video on their youtube that show the progress of various features and gaming journalist less or more stopped bothering pointing out a new one was released a long time ago.

They also have a public release roadmap if you wants to know what is left to do.

I take a peek once a year or so, then sigh and continue to wait. I'm also only interested in the single player version, so I suppose I'll actually be waiting a tad bit longer than someone that will be appeased by the online game.

Back
Top Bottom