Underworld Ascendant - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The dungeon crawler Underworld Ascendant will be released today:

Underworld Ascendant

Launching November 15th on Steam! From the creative minds behind the acclaimed Ultima Underworld®, System Shock and Thief series. In Underworld Ascendant®, Paul Neurath and Warren Spector's OtherSide Entertainment challenges you to think creatively in an interactive sandbox environment. Enter The Stygian Abyss, a dangerous, highly interactive dungeon world. Mix and match dozens of combat, stealth and magic skills to develop your own unique style of play.

More information.

Reading all the beta impressions, seems not even the free version is of any worth

Which free version? - Do you mistake it with Shroud of the Avatar?

Was in love with UU2 in the days. I should be caunting hours till release judged only by that. But alas, im not :disappointed: ... well, lets see ...

I'll buy it. I'm not afraid of making mistakes :S

I hope we both get pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
I've supported this project, but I'm taking my own advice and not plunging in on day one this time. I'll let the stack of inevitable patches land before I jump in, and I'll be watching to see what people think of it as well.

Its pretty clear from their videos that they were mainly interested in their experimental "free" gameplay. That is not bad idea but they little deviate from the original UUs. Partly because they are just too small as a team. I think that in the end many fans wont be happy that Ascendant has somewhat limited world building, quests, dialogues etc. and wont be able to create really compelling and immersive or... lets say... epic successor to UU.

2 hours til launch and the price is yet to be revealed :\

I'll certainly buy this in time. I loved UU2 as well, back in the day and I feel rather pleased to finally see a continuation of sorts. My expectations are pretty modest, so I'm not that worried about dissappointment.

I backed it too, but I assume it's gonna need several patches before I mess with it.

Really hoping this turns out to be good, no reviews as yet.

It's about 25 bucks on sale. About 20 hours of content the developer said on the forum if you don't do a speed run.
I was expecting more out of this game.

I'm hearing that there's still no manual save implemented yet which is very disappointing. If it only saves at the end of a level, like in the Beta, I won't be playing this until they put in a quick-save feature.

Back
Top Bottom