Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Question for those who finished the game (guess it's just @Maylander; at this point?)

I never managed to finish Amiri's personal quest since I decided to romance Tristian and couldn't save Nylak. What happens at HoR and afterwards? Amiri abandoned me at a Nyrissa's castle then in the ending slide it says we never found out what happened to her. I also want to know about her ginormous sword - it was broken by Armag and in my game, she just buried it with Nylak
The giant speaks to her in her dreams, and tells her to repair the sword. That leads to a lengthy project. Once completed, you and Amiri travel to the camp of her tribe, where you meet the giant, Nilak and so on.

The giant explains that he's actually something resembling a former god from the First World, similar to the Lantern King. His brother, however, wanted more, and eventually he had to imprison his brother in that particular sword. They've both lost a considerable amount of power by ending up in our world, but if his brother were to break free of the sword, he would still be very dangerous. Somewhere during the conversation, Amiri has to openly admit that she never defeated the giant, she simply stole the sword.

At any rate, to seal his brother in the sword, the blood of a chieftain is required for a ritual. At this point, you have several choices:
- Nilak
- The former chieftain
- You, as you are also Amiri's chieftain

I chose myself, but then Amiri said something like "wait a minute, this is my sacrifice" and asked her old tribe to call her by her old nickname, which was "The Soft Chieftain" or some such thing. Then she put the sword on the ground and killed herself on top of it.

This touched the giant, so as a gesture of goodwill, he brought her back and she remained in my party until the end.

This timer thing is really worrying on a first attempt. I have cleaned the floor with that gnome, given back some temple, and revealed the sweet home of this one with the antlers but still I am looking at the map and I am itching to explore it.
But..But .. 46 days remaining and my group loves its rest. Each time one of them requests a rest I am like "another one? you lazy bastard. How many times do you need to sleep? Once by day? You lazy bastard." Crossing the map I know is easily 3-4 days including the rests.

My char is LN but I am turning CE. So do I try to explore the map a bit more? But if I have not enough days to complete the main quest I will be unable to return to so many days back.. I guess than when you have done it once it may look easy to manage.

I having a huge fun with that game, but that timer thing is not for me.

This timer thing is really worrying on a first attempt. I have cleaned the floor with that gnome, given back some temple, and revealed the sweet home of this one with the antlers but still I am looking at the map and I am itching to explore it.
But..But .. 46 days remaining and my group loves its rest. Each time one of them requests a rest I am like "another one? you lazy bastard. How many times do you need to sleep? Once by day? You lazy bastard." Crossing the map I know is easily 3-4 days including the rests.

My char is LN but I am turning CE. So do I try to explore the map a bit more? But if I have not enough days to complete the main quest I will be unable to return to so many days back.. I guess than when you have done it once it may look easy to manage.

I having a huge fun with that game, but that timer thing is not for me.
When it comes to the main quest timers, just be near the capital in its final 10 days or so. You'll get a new timer for the next chapter that is more comfortable, which means you'll have more time to explore.

When it comes to the main quest timers, just be near the capital in its final 10 days or so. You'll get a new timer for the next chapter that is more comfortable, which means you'll have more time to explore.

Oh, I see what you mean. But my striving Capital is currently Oleg the RestingPlace (Pop 4) up there in the north of the map and it is, for what I know, the only place you can rest or unload your loot at the beginning of the game.
In many games when you kill the main zone boss, you move to another place and returning is often unnecessary or not possible. To see all those nodes I have still to visit and not have the time to is really something I plainly hate.

So maybe someone who has done that part knows you can return or knows it is not necessary or another option but on a first attempt it feels needlessly stressful. You just have the impression you maybe missed something which could be vital or just the fun of exploring. Cleaning up Mesa and the Oak took 15 days away.

Well that is the only thing I am complaining about, since 1.1 even loading screens are less a hassle and the game is really great.

Oh, I see what you mean. But my striving Capital is currently Oleg the RestingPlace (Pop 4) up there in the north of the map and it is, for what I know, the only place you can rest or unload your loot at the beginning of the game.
In many games when you kill the main zone boss, you move to another place and returning is often unnecessary or not possible. To see all those nodes I have still to visit and not have the time to is really something I plainly hate.

So maybe someone who has done that part knows you can return or knows it is not necessary or another option but on a first attempt it feels needlessly stressful. You just have the impression you maybe missed something which could be vital or just the fun of exploring. Cleaning up Mesa and the Oak took 15 days away.

Well that is the only thing I am complaining about, since 1.1 even loading screens are less a hassle and the game is really great.
Oh, I see! I know roughly where you're at in the game now. I recommend always bringing at least one Cleric, to cut down the need for resting. Also, the part of the map that can be explored at this point in the game is actually quite limited, and you've probably done most of it.

At any rate, you really do need to take care of the Stag Lord within that timer, but it's actually a fairly short quest once you know his location. It's also worth keeping in mind that after you deal with him, you can spend the rest of the time exploring, before handing in the quest at Oleg's Trading Post. Just remember to hand it in before it expires. :)

That being said, I'm not a fan of the timers either.

Yes you need a cleric to heal your party during rests. You need someone with good Lore Nature to act as your hunting guy or hunting makes resting take way too long (if you don't have that guy, you need to bring lots of rations for your adventures).

Also note that your total party encumbrance makes overland travel slower (you can see this when you mouse over your party encumbrance bar). Your party tires faster and starts complaining sooner. Drop all the loot that is heavy but worth little, don't carry it back to Oleg. My rule of thumb in your part of the game was that loot needs to be at least worth 1 gp for each 1 weight measurement. And If I am close to max then at least 2 gp for 1.

And as Maylander suggested, finish off Stag Lord and then use what time is left to explore what is left. Just make sure you are close enough to Oleg before time runs out (you talk to him when you are ready to go back and report success).

The giant speaks to her in her dreams, and tells her to repair the sword. That leads to a lengthy project. Once completed, you and Amiri travel to the camp of her tribe, where you meet the giant, Nilak and so on.

The giant explains that he's actually something resembling a former god from the First World, similar to the Lantern King. His brother, however, wanted more, and eventually he had to imprison his brother in that particular sword. They've both lost a considerable amount of power by ending up in our world, but if his brother were to break free of the sword, he would still be very dangerous. Somewhere during the conversation, Amiri has to openly admit that she never defeated the giant, she simply stole the sword.

At any rate, to seal his brother in the sword, the blood of a chieftain is required for a ritual. At this point, you have several choices:
- Nilak
- The former chieftain
- You, as you are also Amiri's chieftain

I chose myself, but then Amiri said something like "wait a minute, this is my sacrifice" and asked her old tribe to call her by her old nickname, which was "The Soft Chieftain" or some such thing. Then she put the sword on the ground and killed herself on top of it.

This touched the giant, so as a gesture of goodwill, he brought her back and she remained in my party until the end.

Wow... Damn I missed this one in my last run, guess next time I will definitely make sure I finish Amiri's personal quest.

I can speak from at least where I stopped playing the game in chapter two, having both a cleric and paladin in the group really cut down on my rest times. It makes a huge difference, and I suspect that when I get back to the game, I'll maintain those two healers in the group. It really helps with the timers versus resting choices you wind up facing.

Clerics are well and good, but if you want to use any of their spells other than Cure spells (which you will), then they're not the greatest option for healing. The best way to cut down time on resting in my experience is scrolls and potions. Scrolls of Cure *whatever* are cheap and you can carry a bunch, while the game gives you plenty of potions. What I do is, use that stuff and supplement the Cleric healing in with it, such as using his Channel Energy but also keeping characters in top shape with scrolls and potions. That really helps and when the Cleric is out of spells you can still squeeze some time out before resting, although generally you should rest when out of spells (just save some Cleric spells this way). I know it sounds hard to explain but it works well when you get the hang of it, scrolls + potions + spells until it's time to rest. :)

Any tips for Act 4 near the end?
Dealing with the soul eaters that fight your main character one on one, and then spawn 4 ancient soul eaters after that fight? One on one it keeps killing my main character and it's game over. I tried Death Ward but it doesn't help for some reason.

They seem tough and I feel I'm so close to the end!

Edit - Nevermind, beat it. :) This dungeon is nuts though, lol. It just keeps going and going.

Edit 2 - I am super impressed with this dungeon! It's the most epic and wild place I've been yet, and it just keeps getting more interesting. Question though -
Is there a negative to getting the Daemonic Blessing via sprinkling blood in the one room with the statue with ruby eyes? It seems like a good blessing and Tristian was afraid of going in there. Is there a downside to getting that blessing? I'm Neutral Good for what it's worth.

Last edited:
And to those worried about exploring, the game gives you plenty of time to explore the map in each chapter. Don't worry, you'll end up exploring the whole map. I'm in Act 4 and have pretty much cleared the entire visible map so far (that I'm allowed to, some areas are chapter restricted) and still have a month or so to beat the main quest of Act 4 and I'm at the end of it already. So as long as you somewhat manage your rest the timers are not really a major factor, they're lenient once you know what you're doing.

Any tips for Act 4 near the end?
Dealing with the soul eaters that fight your main character one on one, and then spawn 4 ancient soul eaters after that fight? One on one it keeps killing my main character and it's game over. I tried Death Ward but it doesn't help for some reason.

They seem tough and I feel I'm so close to the end!

Edit - Nevermind, beat it. :) This dungeon is nuts though, lol. It just keeps going and going.

Edit 2 - I am super impressed with this dungeon! It's the most epic and wild place I've been yet, and it just keeps getting more interesting. Question though -
Is there a negative to getting the Daemonic Blessing via sprinkling blood in the one room with the statue with ruby eyes? It seems like a good blessing and Tristian was afraid of going in there. Is there a downside to getting that blessing? I'm Neutral Good for what it's worth.

I think soul eater WIS drain can be prevented by FORT save only. Apparently, the best tactic is to gather your party near the wall, have party members with high CON outside to protect weaker members. I got a bit frustrated with this one and just lowered difficulty :p

Never tried sprinkling the blood... Well, if it is what I think it is, it damages your party member. Just save, try it out and see what happens, you can always reload if you don't like the result! :p

I think soul eater WIS drain can be prevented by FORT save only. Apparently, the best tactic is to gather your party near the wall, have party members with high CON outside to protect weaker members. I got a bit frustrated with this one and just lowered difficulty :p

Never tried sprinkling the blood… Well, if it is what I think it is, it damages your party member. Just save, try it out and see what happens, you can always reload if you don't like the result! :p

In the room with the Athletics check, sprinkling blood actually has the astradaemons bless you permanently with a daemonic blessing, lol. It's pretty good, too, so I kept it :biggrin: . Now I'm stuck on the 4 freaking ancient water elementals, sheesh, so tough.

In the room with the Athletics check, sprinkling blood actually has the astradaemons bless you permanently with a daemonic blessing, lol. It's pretty good, too, so I kept it :biggrin: . Now I'm stuck on the 4 freaking ancient water elementals, sheesh, so tough.

Make sure you cast protection from cold, draw them back to narrow door way (the way you came in), have melees tank/dps there, while you provided range, heal and buff support in the corridor.

Make sure you cast protection from cold, draw them back to narrow door way (the way you came in), have melees tank/dps there, while you provided range, heal and buff support in the corridor.

Didn't think of protection from cold, thanks! :)

Protection from cold was the ticket. :) Man, I did not see any of that coming! Finished Act 4 and it was a doozy. Time to head back to the capital to take a breather, or not...:)

You won't be able to take a breath… lol. It's the busiest chapter transition.

I'm trying to roll a new character but just can't decided on what class. It may sounds silly, but I usually try to match the portrait to class and I just can't find anything I like. My latest find is this, but it looks too… mmm… weak and angel-y.

f4FY6WC.png

You won't be able to take a breath… lol. It's the busiest chapter transition.

I'm trying to roll a new character but just can't decided on what class. It may sounds silly, but I usually try to match the portrait to class and I just can't find anything I like. My latest find is this, but it looks too… mmm… weak and angel-y.

f4FY6WC.png

Beautiful portrait, though. Aasimar Aldori Defender. :)

I just realised all my characters are practically blonde haired and look similar to one another LOL. The one I just posted look real similar to my avarta
<---------------------

And I played Kingmaker through using this one below:
pVVBcPu.png

Back
Top Bottom