What games are you playing now?

Spoonfull: It's really stupid sometimes, mainly in buildings, otherwise it's pretty good, i agree.
Yeah i have CoP both on steam and on DVD, same with SoC :) Well i guess i should give it another shot when i'm done with SoC.

TESO is really opening up to me now.
Having even more fun w/ it now that I've gotten the mundane crafting grind going!

I really do like the look and feel of the game. Best SP MMO i've ever played! Just like every other TES game, come to think of it…

Sounds good, been interested in trying it.. probably buying it next month.

Finished DA:O a couple of days ago and already more than half way through Awakening. I don't know why both Orzamma and Brecillian Forest seemed like forever in my last few playthroughs, but this time I finished them without feeling too tedious. I even finished Fade without using Skip the Fade mod. I have to admit, I really enjoyed it.

I've played DA:O with Ser Gilmore mod and also playing Awakening with Ser Gilmore & Dog mod. It's quite overwhelming to manage 8 NPCs compared to the usual 6 as Awakening is quite a short game and you can only take 3 companions at once, which resulted in less approval from each companions than usual.

Oh, Anders, how much he has changed in DA2... everytime I play Awakening, I cry for Anders. What happened to this easy going, funny mage with an adorable cat?

Btw, I do hate the crafting in Awakening... I spent all my gold making just a few Masterpiece runes and not even sure if that was worth it!

I'm at the ending of Blackguards, but after so many punishing fights I'm just tired. When the hero first escapes the dungeon with his 2 new companions, in the dialog you're given a choice whether to be open about what happened to you or to remain silent. I thought this is what the game would be all about, dialogs and choices! Instead it turned out to be all about combat, with fights against opponents such as the Nine Hordes being particularly annoying.

It's a very nice game all in all, but I wish there would be more dialogs, plus social, crafting and rogue skills like in the River of Time. Some of the choices you're presented with are clearly fake. What I did like is that it's well put together and there is no filler activity, such as checking barrels for coins or meaningless repetitive combat, also as in the River of Time.

One episode shocked me where the Dwarf tried to sell the savage, even though the party has been together through hell. I thought that by this time they'd become buddies.

Been playing Thief II: The Metal Age.

I didn't expect to like it as much as Thief Gold due to them removing the more supernatural levels and going almost complete stealth in this one. I'm only on the 4th level though, and I'm extremely impressed so far. The level design is even better than the first game, and that's saying a lot...

IMO, Metal Age is the best Thief game exactly because of this ... the rock-solid and very consistent level design makes it even more immersive than the first one, Gold edition or not. And it has the children of Karras :D.

I just finished Clive Barker's Undying, which is still worth a play. Against my instincts, I've just started Dark Souls. So far it feels like a Japanese console game crossed with a MMO, which I suppose it is. The controls feel awkward, the game design is anti-player, and so far most of my deaths have been due to poor controls, particularly the camera, but there still seems to be something there in the world design . Time will tell if it's worth struggling through some outdated design ideas and grinding.

Just finished South Park. I found some aspects very enjoyable, while others the opposite. The best part was just exploring the town and getting to know the people, something I always like in RPGs. The atmosphere with all of the kids playing in a small community was great and I liked the way their fantasy merged with the real life.

I must, however, demand dialogs in my RPGs. The more loaded with skill checks, moral and personal choices, the better. Having absolutely nothing is disappointing.

One thing that annoyed me throughout the whole game is the constant inventory management, with non stop loot coming in. It's better to receive a great weapon as a reward that will allow you to accomplish more in the game, rather than effortlessly getting more and more epic gear. FO is the best example. I just quit a MotB playthrough because after exiting the 1st cave, you already have piles of long lost epic weapons, rare gems such as star sapphires and blue diamonds, magic items that just make your character skills irrelevant and enough gold to retire forever.

You get the choice of standard fantasy classes and plus the Jew class, though all of them are about dealing damage. Frankly, I never liked a pure mage, a pure fighter or a pure thief as a class anyway, so I get annoyed when presented with this choice.

The big choice doesn't seem to offer that of a different experience, so I don't think I'll be replaying the game any time soon.

IMO, Metal Age is the best Thief game exactly because of this ... the rock-solid and very consistent level design makes it even more immersive than the first one, Gold edition or not. And it has the children of Karras :D.

Is that the one with the allegedly best horror level ? Tried thief 1 a long time ago but couldn't really get into it

Just finished broken age. I enjoyed it but I do get the criticism. Act 2 definitely should be much harder. Act 1 just seems short because of it (the number of locations is okay)

Is that the one with the allegedly best horror level ? Tried thief 1 a long time ago but couldn't really get into it

No - that is #3 'Deadly Shadows' ... great level :)

If you guys want horror, check out Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Of course, it might not be the kind of horror you really want :)

Currently playing Watch Dogs on PC. It's ok. The performance is not that great on my machine. I'm currently running with most on high, and some on medium at 1920x1200. But I can deal with that. What I find really annoying is the way cars handle. They accelerate way too hard as soon as you start. I'll have to try some other cars and see if they're all like that.

Other than that, I really like exploring. I'll post more info as I get into it.

I've put 125 hours into the Divinity: Original Sin beta. This game feels a lot like DKS with the dragon parts removed. You are playing with a party this time and I guess with co-op it would be a different story, but there isn't a memorable conversation in the whole demo. What does shine is loot acquisition and tactical combat. This isn't nearly as hard as Blackguards, but it takes some planning as there is frequently dangerous terrain as part of most battlefields. Crafting is probably best compared to NWN2. You have 5 levels of skill and a master craftsman can change the party's gear to greatly improve your best gear or even make decent stuff from scratch.

No, there isn't 125 hours of content in the beta. There is only about 20. I just like messing with various builds for the two characters that I control. All builds are viable and I settled on a Ranger/Crafter for my first and a mage for my 2nd. There is a air/water mage and a fighter for NPC's in the first town. You can also summon so you could have 6 or 7 on your team in a fight. Guards will help if you're near town, etc. I'd say this is a solid release right now and it might become a little better before the June 20th release. They're tweaking some stuff and it's unbalanced at the moment.

I started playing Paper Sorcerer last night, and I'm quite surprised by it. I think it's the best indie I've played since Legend of Grimrock.

I was originally just going to see what kind of party I could put togther and play around a bit. 5 hours later, I've got a vampire lord, a cultist, a goblin thief, and some kind of puppet golem with me on the 8th level of the dungeon.

It's old-school dungeon crawling done right.

I picked that up on sale a while ago. I didn't have time to really get into it, but I did play for a couple of hours, and what I saw was quite good. I'm definitely going to find time to work that one in.

Currently playing Gothic 1 for the first time and loving it. Impressions are posted in my thread over in the Gothic sub-forum.

I've reached the point in Dark Souls where I feel like I've got to spend some time grinding to hold my own. That and the repetitive nature of getting from point A to point B have killed a lot of my enthusiasm for the game.

So instead I've been playing SimCity 4, which is always fun, and I decided to go with a classic RPG to cleanse the palate. In the end I settled on Divine Divinity. Now I've just got to power through the initial dungeon to get to the good part of the game!

I decided to go with a classic RPG to cleanse the palate. In the end I settled on Divine Divinity. Now I've just got to power through the initial dungeon to get to the good part of the game!

Great game. I have to play it again when I'm done with the Gothics. I explored the first map pretty thoroughly but my save game disappeared and I lost interest.

Good luck with your playthrough.

Back
Top Bottom