Black Desert Online - Mini closed beta review

I prefer games that level slow. In contrast my farming runs in ESO yesterday caused my to gain 2 levels which outpaced the quests I had in queue. I'm leaving a ton of content in my wake untouched. Can't wait to try Black Desert

Nicely put! Despite being billed as PvP game I think this is the best casual friendly PvE game out there right now!

Only until level 45, at which point you get flagged for PvP regardless if you want to participate or not...

What does it mean when you hit 45? You are forced to fight PVP challenges in PVE zones or get PK'ed?

PK'ed by higher level and better geared people. To level up you'll need to grind mobs at spots and there will show up people to PK you for fun.

Well that sucks. Just lost interest in this game. PVP is great and all, but getting PK'ed while grinding PVE is about as fun as a root canal. Guess ESO continues to be my game.

What does it mean when you hit 45? You are forced to fight PVP challenges in PVE zones or get PK'ed?

Once you reach level 45 you get PvP enabled, that means any other level 45+ players can attack you. The game doesn't really have a concept of PvE zones at that point.

There is also a PvP flag systems, but it's designed to enforce everyone to flag themselves by removing killing/killed penalties if the people fighting are all flagged.

At level 45 you are flagged for PvP automatically, you have no choice in the matter. There are no PvE zones in this game. However the penalty for killing other players is quite sever (other than Guild V Guild fights) so I don't foresee huge gang fests like WoW PvP server etc. Many people are level 45+ already in NA/EU and I have not seen any complaints about ganging etc on the forums yet.

Yes people might kill you if you go to most popular spots etc but the game world is huge and you don't need to go to the most popular spot to level up... so I don't personally see this as a problem.

Well that sucks. Just lost interest in this game. PVP is great and all, but getting PK'ed while grinding PVE is about as fun as a root canal. Guess ESO continues to be my game.

See my other reply. You don't need to worry that much about PK etc. I know lot people who are playing this game and hate PvP (myself included) and its been a blast. Its pity to miss out on this since BDO has lot of interesting stuff going for it compared to ESO PvE wise. So many different systems to explore and master.

Oh 'cmon, dont fool yourself with pink glasses. Endgame is about pvp and pvp happens mostly when you are sure for having upper hand against your opponent and have small chance to lose. Game just started in EU/NA and people are grinding for best gear and levels to have that upper hand.
I bet soon forums will be flooded with complaints about PKing and "please leave us PvErs alone".

Oh 'cmon, dont fool yourself with pink glasses. Endgame is about pvp and pvp happens mostly when you are sure for having upper hand against your opponent and have small chance to lose. Game just started in EU/NA and people are grinding for best gear and levels to have that upper hand.
I bet soon forums will be flooded with complaints about PKing and "please leave us PvErs alone".

PvP doesn't random mean PKing. At endgame most of the PvP in this game will be about Castle sieges, nodes/town wars, GvG etc. This is not WoW where PvP players have nothing better to do other than go and kill random people for the lolz. Sure, you will occasionally get killed by a psycho but I don't see this as huge issue right now.

As for upper hand, people already have the upper hand. There are lot of players at lvl 55 and they can very easily go around killing level 45. They don't need uber gear for that but that simply doesn't happen now.

Anyway things might change. The developer might reduce the penalty later on for PKing but if I have fun right now for $30 who cares? :)

Nah.
It'll be probably "dat OP, plz nerf".

You get 100% exp from solo party
You get 60% exp from duo party
You get 50% exp from 3-5 player party
So the best thing to do is either duo or go as 5. This exp sharing only counts in level exp, so no skill exp or contribution exp
There is no Quest sharing button for quests.

Hmm it seems i am behind because i was duoing.

Hmm it seems i am behind because i was duoing.

How so? if you are duoing then you should be killing twice as fast so in effect you are actually getting more exp. For example you should kill 2 mobs in the time it takes to kill 1 mob. So you have actually gotten 20% more exp than soloing in the same time frame.

In fact if you are grinding then its better to be in a group ...

Yes. I got behind because it gives credit to both of us for a single kill. To compensate i should have killed more mobs that arent part of the quest.

PvP doesn't random mean PKing. At endgame most of the PvP in this game will be about Castle sieges, nodes/town wars, GvG etc. This is not WoW where PvP players have nothing better to do other than go and kill random people for the lolz. Sure, you will occasionally get killed by a psycho but I don't see this as huge issue right now.

As for upper hand, people already have the upper hand. There are lot of players at lvl 55 and they can very easily go around killing level 45. They don't need uber gear for that but that simply doesn't happen now.

Anyway things might change. The developer might reduce the penalty later on for PKing but if I have fun right now for $30 who cares? :)

Possibly you are right, but i struggle to believe that human nature will ever change in pvp games and there will be no griefing and PKing and everyone will live happy together. PvP is always about getting upper hand and abusing game system, so karma will never be that big obstacle for PKers. The great fun of ruining someones day...

Nah.
It'll be probably "dat OP, plz nerf".

Also, but it is already there. By watching some videos it is clearly stated that ranger owns them all. No surprise, as in every pvp games ranged > melee.

Seem interesting, but the forced PvP is a deal breaker for me until addressed. MMO PvP is always so bland anyway. If I want to scratch that itch there's tons of games that do it infinitely better, were player skills is more important than who spent more time grinding gear.

Forced pvp? Dont you only have the possibility of pvp if you join a guild?

The second link seems to imply that PVP can be triggered on when you 50 by the blakc spirit i assume. And the first link is a cluster fuck. I aint reading that.

Back
Top Bottom