Pathfinder C&C Guide: save me from FOMO! - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder C&C Guide: save me from FOMO!

Default Pathfinder C&C Guide: save me from FOMO!

April 29th, 2019, 20:08
I've been stalled in chapter 1 of Pathfinder: Kingmaker for some time, mostly just because of time constraints. But this week I tried to pick the game up again and found myself immediately stuck again for a different reason: fear of missing out. At the gate of the Temple of the Elk the game warns me that my rival could be up to something elsewhere, something that I'll miss out on if I enter.

My completionist soul couldn't take it! I'm the kind who wants to be in control of exactly how the story comes out, and I don't mind spoilers if they save me from replaying a sequence because a choice ends up having a result I don't like.

So -- where is such a set of spoilers for Kingmaker? I've found several walkthroughs, but they all seem to assume that I'm going to follow the same path they did, and instead of telling me the meaning of the choices I'm facing they just say "Next, make this choice." They also give far more detail than I need -- I don't really want a full walkthrough, just a roadmap to the major places the story splits, or when important subquests become unavailable.

Is there a basic guide online to C&C in the game that I've failed to find? Or if not, does someone mind giving a brief summary of the different ways chapter 1 can be resolved? What do I miss if I enter the Temple without tracking down Tartuccio first?

Thanks!
--
"But if it's a battle," he said, "which side is which?"
"If it's a battle," said Lilac.

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 29th, 2019, 22:20
Sorry, I have a bad news for you - there is no "perfect" way, you must make choice and face the consequences!

Don't worry too much though, IIRC it just locks out access to some characters until the end of chapter 1:

Spoiler
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
+1:

May 1st, 2019, 03:12
I'm happy to take the consequences -- I just want to know what they are!

Thanks for clarifying the choice I'm facing now -- it sounds like I'm better off hitting the temple first, since I already have Valerie and I want Tristian over Jaethal.
--
"But if it's a battle," he said, "which side is which?"
"If it's a battle," said Lilac.

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

May 2nd, 2019, 15:46
Man, you'll get everyone for your "venturing forth" party, only not immediately.
The actual choice&consequence issue comes during lategame - to avoid disapointment make sure you rush companion quests as soon as you receive them.

In other words, the only choice in this game is not what you do but rather when you do. Kill something who cares nothing changes if you killed or spare whomever. Kill or spare it right now it's great everyone rejoice, kill or spare it later OMG you failed.
It ain't a game, it a deadlines based slaves hiring company.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder C&C Guide: save me from FOMO!