Posting habits - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Posting habits

Default Posting habits

March 6th, 2020, 17:00
Sometimes the masses must be informed, instructed, and reminded every so often. I do like to try to shake folks out of mediocrity, but it can be exhausting and I've felt myself slip into the same state on more than one occassion.
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#21

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ormond Beach, FL.
Posts: 10,758
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Default 

March 6th, 2020, 19:57
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
I am going to make it point to quote all your post, including this one. What more I will make sure I will tag you also @sakichop

:
Jokes aside, I agree with many thing you say and sometimes wanted to respond but don't. I look at the forums mostly on the phone and its pain to respond but when I go home there are other things to do so never really look at the forums on a PC etc. So there are practical reason like this as to why people don't always respond.
lol: Thanks, @lostforever

Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
That's actually a pretty good stat.

If you want to cheese this higher for the next period then just sit tight and wait for Dart's next account to drop by, then pounce and reply to five or six of his posts. Once you get to about 75% respond rate you'll soon be wishing you were back down in the 40s and you'll be cured.
Well, I don’t really have any reference to wether 40% is good or not. I like interacting with Dart. He can be abrasive sometimes, but can’t we all?

Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
NONONONONOOO!!!! Just because nobody responds doesn't mean nobody was interested in what you read! Please don't make me quote 60% of the posts you write and just give "yes, well put" as a response!
I’ll keep that in mind. I just wish we had more posting members. This place can feel quite slow sometimes. Seems more so on weekends.

Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
I don't understand why Dart deletes his account. If things get bit heated I tend take break from here and then I come back after couple months. But I guess its fun new game to guess his new username!
He explained it once. Basically, Posting all the time was taking up too much of his time and the temptation to post is to strong if he has an account. So he deletes it. I suppose opening another account it supposed to be a deterrent.
sakichop is offline

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#22

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,159
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

Default 

March 6th, 2020, 23:25
@sakichop I use the thumbs-up button (too) often. That is what it is here for, right?
ilm is offline

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#23

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,312
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

March 7th, 2020, 02:20
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
@sakichop I use the thumbs-up button (too) often. That is what it is here for, right?
Yes, likes are nice but RPG discussion is better.
sakichop is offline

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#24

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,159
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 7th, 2020, 15:30
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Yes, likes are nice but RPG discussion is better.
Why aren't there thumbs up buttons in RPGs? They could put them on every dialog paragraph so you can let the developers know what bits you really love! <crazy grin>
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

#25

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 6,872
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Default 

March 7th, 2020, 17:05
My posting habits have changed insofar that these "discussion battles" have made me become tired … So nowadays I fire a load, then disappear for a few days. Sometimes I don't even read the responses anymore, especially if they come from Dart.
Because in most cases - or so it feels to me these days - responses are no longer always meant for an intellectual excange of facts and/or opinions, but rather as a try to bring someone down.
And I don't like to be "broght down" anymore, so i don't read many comments anymore, or only after several days.

I think, as an artist, it is VERY important to develop the OWN artistry, so to say, and NOT become influenced by others too much.
So, this belated reading of comments to my own replies is some kind of protection to kep myself away from too much hate or influence.

I do acknowledge the intellectual exchange of facts, though.
This is hard to find these days, however.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#26

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 19,115
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Posting habits
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:41.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch