What games are you playing now?

cutscene?? He's taking about the insane animation when you fly from system to system or planet to planet. Even with the ability to knock it down a bit that the patch provided it is one of the most insane design descisions. there should be an option to just turn it off.

It was not day1 patch. It was in the next one, IIRC 4 days post release.
It wasn't frustrating especially during first playthrough, but on the second playthrough you really don't want to repeat all those cutscenes all over again.

Animation. Cutscene.
There shouldn't. Ask for mod on official Bioware forum. Oops.

So time to work on my back-log - I have fallout 4; fallout nv; pillars II or that game that comes before cold steel. I'm thinking fallout nv since it is the oldest but would one of the others be a better bet ? Sadly I think all of these are long games.

Still playing Rimworld. It's been a roller coaster ride - tonight, our house doctor Chris saved my beloved Labrador, Desiree, for the third time from a heart attack due to the old age. The life expectancy of Labrador is 12 years in Rimworld and Desiree is 17 (almost 18) years old!!!

Playing Grim Dawn at the moment. I'm enjoying the character building. I have a raven that provides my character support and I wield a two hander through which I channel lightning that decimates most foes in short order. I am noticing some similarity in creature design and abilities from those in Titan Quest but its different enough overall to not bother me.

Played some Neverwinter coop - and it was surprisingly fun. If nothing else, it's got a really satisfying combat system.

I've also been playing Star Citizen quite a bit lately. It's like an actual game now, even if there's still a ton of work to be done. Hard to leave it alone, even though I probably should. I still sometimes have to pinch myself when playing. A lot of emergent stuff happening even at this early stage.

Never would have thought you'll become betatester.

I'm curious when star citizen goes full release will they keep or reset the mmo world players have carved out ? Again I'm thinking in terms of eve which might not be relevant to star citizen.

Played some Neverwinter coop - and it was surprisingly fun. If nothing else, it's got a really satisfying combat system.

I've also been playing Star Citizen quite a bit lately. It's like an actual game now, even if there's still a ton of work to be done. Hard to leave it alone, even though I probably should. I still sometimes have to pinch myself when playing. A lot of emergent stuff happening even at this early stage.

I'm curious when star citizen goes full release will they keep or reset the mmo world players have carved out ? Again I'm thinking in terms of eve which might not be relevant to star citizen.

Are you asking if they will wipe all progress at release?

Yes, most definitely.

Not sure what you mean by the world the players have carved out, though.

It's a very dynamic world and it wouldn't make sense to launch it without a level playing field.

But the plan is that 90% of the characters in the world will be NPCs and 10% will be players - and the NPCs will operate using a very sophisticated AI that enables them to affect the world and its economy quite significantly.

Started playing Legend of Grimrock 2, currently in the second area, Twigroot Forest. So far it seems to be a definite improvement over LoG1. Really enjoying the exploration and puzzles so far.

Still playing Hyper Light Drifter and nearly finished with it.

It's a surprisingly fun game especially if you like a lot of secrets and hidden areas to find. The areas are very well designed, and the game stays challenging throughout. A couple of the boss fights were almost Dark Souls level hard, but it's difficult in a fair way.

I've got my eye on Axiom Verge next. I might also give Halcyon 6 a shot.

Just finished Ash of Gods and a big thank you for the Key that I won on the raffle last month. Overall I quite enjoyed it, and it reminded me of a darker Banner Saga.

Only problem I have is the way the game ends.

A friend and I tried Dungeon Siege 3 co-op recently. Bloody hell, what a pile of crap.

Awful, awful streamlining compared to the last installment. No character generation. Minimal char development. Awful camera. Awful "catch-up" bullshit that forces each player into the same screen space as though they were playing on the same screen - but we we weren't, we had separate PCs!
What a shameful piece of shit. Reminds me of what happened with Sacred 3.
Why do this? Why ruin what people liked about earlier installments in order to make some streamlined piece of crap that a fewer number of people will like? I can understand making something else related to the IP (e.g. Sacred Citadel, Fallout Tactics), but why make something so low-grade and give it an official series number? Fuck everyone involved with this.

Needless to say, we're abandoning it and will be starting something else this week.

Why not grim dawn? It sort of like a dungeon siege with much better character development and real quests - though no clue how well co-op works.

A friend and I tried Dungeon Siege 3 co-op recently. Bloody hell, what a pile of crap.

Awful, awful streamlining compared to the last installment. No character generation. Minimal char development. Awful camera. Awful "catch-up" bullshit that forces each player into the same screen space as though they were playing on the same screen - but we we weren't, we had separate PCs!
What a shameful piece of shit. Reminds me of what happened with Sacred 3.
Why do this? Why ruin what people liked about earlier installments in order to make some streamlined piece of crap that a fewer number of people will like? I can understand making something else related to the IP (e.g. Sacred Citadel, Fallout Tactics), but why make something so low-grade and give it an official series number? Fuck everyone involved with this.

Needless to say, we're abandoning it and will be starting something else this week.

Why not grim dawn? It sort of like a dungeon siege with much better character development and real quests - though no clue how well co-op works.
Last time we tried to co-op it, we couldn't join each other for some reason. Since then my friend has played it to death solo. Otherwise, yeah, that'd be ideal.
I imagine we'll try co-oping some old shooter for a session or two (e.g. one of the old Rainbow Sixes), before deciding on something RPGish. I don't think he's played Sacred 2, so that's a good candidate. I've played it once through ages ago, but only tried one character type.

You could also do both and play London 2038.

It's essentially Diablo with shooting and a delightful amount of loot and progression.

The perfect coop experience, in my opinion.

You could also do both and play London 2038.

It's essentially Diablo with shooting and a delightful amount of loot and progression.

The perfect coop experience, in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion. I read that London 2038 is a fan run server only. What about the game itself, is there a download available somewhere and does it still have the GFWL curse?

Thanks for the suggestion. I read that London 2038 is a fan run server only. What about the game itself, is there a download available somewhere and does it still have the GFWL curse?

There is a download somewhere, but I won't get into that here :)

I have an actual physical copy lying around somewhere - but I didn't use that when playing. Hint hint.

Not sure if you can get it in some online store - but IIRC, it's not easily available.

It's more than worth the hassle, though.

Server is more or less 100% hassle free and it's quite low-ping even from EU (it's based in the US).

Hurrah! My Desiree is now 20 years old Labrador :smitten:

And now I have 3 grown timber wolves and their 3 babies running around the house too :heart:

Also attached screenshots of my base, including little shrine I built for Desiree (with 2 sculptures surrounded by roses and lights :)

Attachments

• 20180705200659_1.jpg
    20180705200659_1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20180705205902_1.jpg
    20180705205902_1.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20180705201710_1.jpg
    20180705201710_1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20180705200849_1.jpg
    20180705200849_1.jpg