XBOX Elite Controller is absolute crap

The people who bitch about controllers are usually people who 1) doesn't even have a controller for PC but still, for some odd reason, think they should give their opinion about it. 2) people who have a controller but never spent time to get good with it (its a skill and it does take time to get used to it). 3) people who don't even really need a controller (e.g those who doesn't really play enough action oriented games or people who prefer to sit at at desk and play games instead of in a sofa / big TV).

I play both at my desk and on a 55" OLED TV, half-sitting in my bed, it depends completely on the game... Currently having tons of fun with MX vs. ATV Reflex, obviously much better on the TV and with a controller.

4) sometimes its just fun to have an opinion.

The people who bitch about controllers are…
… bitches. I mean, bitches are bitching, right? Thus feel free to comment on my posts with "bitch, please". :p

Controllers? Who cares about rubbishware, it's the process of bitching that matters.
I'm confused is Joxer a plus or a negative ?
Hard to say, not sure what's lawful evil supposed to be in mathematics.
Always. Is fun. Especially when stumbling upon a group of mainstream fans. Not fun to them, though.

I play… half-sitting in my bed
Mushrooms are bad for your spine. And you've never heard about couchmaster I bet.
CouchmasterTeaser.jpg

Great-Couch-Keyboard-And-Mouse-45-In-Sofas-and-Couches-Set-with-Couch-Keyboard-And-Mouse.jpg

Or made it yourself.
67da13c2da3b51856f0ac6cd0d8713a9.png

Compare those with spine killer pose:
advantages-coupleOnCouch.jpg

Last edited:

Yes, like i wrote on 1: 1) doesn't even have a controller for PC but still, for some odd reason, think they should give their opinion about it.

It's about as useful as someone giving an opinion about a game they never played. You're allowed to have it, but it's useless.

You mean as useful as someone who never tried pot has an opinion about it?
Man... It's like saying you need to taste actual shit to have an opinion how it feels in your mouth - sorry for being vulgar.

I have not tried shit myself but i have known several dogs that lavish the stuff (no clue why); I do have a couple of xbox controllers - heck I have an xbox but only because it was cheaper to buy then a 4k blu ray player (and so far it works great as a 4k blu ray player). I do think you have to try a controlelr - i personally have and i do every couple of years and i continue to repeat that I personally hate them - that doens't mean others can't like em but …
-
Now back in the wee age of consoles i used to play an atari 2600 at sears while my mom would shop - yea ok so i'm getting oldish - and i ahve to tell you i loved that controller but today it would be useless for the type of games i play. Oh well
-
The steam controller is a unique design and who knows maybe i will like it but i'm not willing to invest in it because i don't think it is likely.
-
I do like flight sticks for flying games like freespace and i continue to like flight sticks :)

Man… It's like saying you need to taste actual shit to have an opinion how it feels in your mouth - sorry for being vulgar.

Yes, like i wrote on 1: 1) doesn't even have a controller for PC but still, for some odd reason, think they should give their opinion about it.

It's about as useful as someone giving an opinion about a game they never played. You're allowed to have it, but it's useless.

Why are you so defensive about stuff you bought? Especially when the person criticizing it known for hating mushrooms, phonegames, and respawning trashmobs.

Anyway, I play Overwatch daily, and I think controllers inferior to kb/m. What about me? Unless Overwatch is not action oriented game by your definition.

You play overwatch? Must be the worst shooter out there (that I didn't play). Play some quake instead.

It's fun for me. I played Quake 3 when it was popular, but switched to Counter Strike as slower and more tactical gameplay became more fun to me. It was only last year I tried Paladins, and subsequently Overwatch and faster shooters became fun for me again. I might give new Quake a try sometime.

Absolutely. I hate people who have strong opinions about stuff they never tried or know nothing about (unless its stuff which is just total common sense).

Anyway, I play Overwatch daily, and I think controllers inferior to kb/m. What about me? Unless Overwatch is not action oriented game by your definition.

He specifically said he doesn't think controllers are superior for first-person games.

Maybe you should try reading the thread a little more thoroughly before responding. ;)

He specifically said he doesn't think controllers are superior for first-person games.

Maybe you should try reading the thread a little more thoroughly before responding. ;)

But it's still an action oriented game. His definitions are all over the place.

Absolutely. I hate people who have strong opinions about stuff they never tried or know nothing about (unless its stuff which is just total common sense).

Well... one of us bought a crap controller, and one of us didn't. :)

1 and 4 are not the same. You don't know if I have controllers or not. I just said I didn't like them.

Well… one of us bought a crap controller, and one of us didn't. :)

1 and 4 are not the same. You don't know if I have controllers or not. I just said I didn't like them.

"sometimes its just fun to have an opinion". That's what you wrote. Then you need to clarify a lot more so that it can qualify as an opinion worth something. It's totally uninteresting when people say a certain game, movie or item is crap and then not stating why. I don't see why it would be "fun" either, it's useless.

The controller isn't total crap, but for the money, i kind of think that it is, for reasons i explain in the first post. I don't think i ever give opinions about stuff without going into some detail about it, i don't think it would be very useful to anyone.

But it's still an action oriented game. His definitions are all over the place.

Uh no. I explained this in detail and i said i don't like controllers for first person games.

Very litte has to do with preference really, it mostly has to do with common sense. A game built from ground and up with a controller in mind (platformers, racing, most third person action oriented games, emulators like MAME or SNES9x..) - way better with controller. First person games, strategy, most "deeper" RPG's - better with mouse/keyb, and for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
This seems like the kind of discussion I would be involved with, but I guess I can't invest much here.

But I'll add a little:

I like controllers for a few things, mostly playing when I'm lazy and the game is casual and doesn't require precise controls.

I almost never prefer a controller for a game I'm truly invested in - and it's not comfortable to use it when you're at your desk, close to your screen - like I tend to be.

I find that I lose a lot of performance when I sit on the couch and play games. I disengage on a certain level - and that's not how I want to enjoy my games.

I like to be immersed and, for me, that requires a level of focus and attention that's not natural for me when I'm kicking back in a soft seat - at a distance.

There's also a reason I have a G-Sync monitor with a high refresh rate - and a high performance mouse, etc. I like that level of precision and feedback. I like things that are fast and responsive a lot.

Strange, I guess - but there it is.

As for what controllers I prefer - that would be the Xbox One controller. I get cramps when I use PS4 controllers - as they're too small, and I don't have big hands either.

I think the Xbox One controller is the best I've ever tried - but it's not like I'm scientific about such things.

I've used dozens of controllers in my life - and none of them really registered with me as awesome. Certainly not the Steam controller - which, while it has its uses (like adventure couch gaming) is extremely inferior to a mouse/kb and a conventional controller for most casual games.

All of the above would be strictly my opinion, nothing more and nothing less.

But it's the first time I've heard anyone say the Elite controller is bad. Not that I'd know - as I can't imagine a sales pitch that's good enough to make me shell out that kind of money for a console controller.

It's way too much money for a premium controller that breaks within months (the USB port, in my case).

Looking at Prisjakt.se i can see many other very disappointed Swedes where the controller broke, some are into their 4th controller, which is just laughable. Like me they say that the feel is great, but the quality is not. I did not see anyone else complaining about the magnets, it's probably just me (and its not a huge deal).

Since the USB port broke I'm now using it via the Xbox wireless dongle (had an old one from when i got the Oculus Rift), works good. Seems like this one doesn't work with bluetooth, so the dongle is another expense on top of the already high price, if you want it wireless.

Oh, I don't doubt you're not the only one who's disappointed. As I said, I wouldn't know - and I wouldn't pay that much for a console controller even if it was indestructible.

But, based on a brief look through a handful of aggregates using Google - it seems to be a very popular and well received controller.

Not that I really care :) I just think it's relevant for people who DO care.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom