Gothic & Gothic 2 - Enhanced Win7 Compatibility in GeForce Driver 260.63 Beta

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
nvidia released a new GeForce/Ion driver. The release notes for v260.63 beta reveal that nvidia has done their part to fix the Windows 7 problems of the first two Gothic games.
Improves compatibility for older PC games (DirectX 7 to DirectX 9) running on Windows 7 (examples: Gothic, Gothic II, Falcon 4.0: Allied Force, Links 2003, Independence War II - Edge of Chaos, and X2: Wolverine's Revenge).
Other release notes relevant for the games we cover:
A new 3D Vision profile for Arcania: Gothic 4 has been added. The Drakensang profile has been updated.
The 3rd Stalker game gets a huge performance boost on GTX 400 series cards.
More information.

nice, if only i didn't uninstall it last month. maybe worth reinstalling it...

Now people have no excuses to stick to XP :biggrin:

I wonder why this problem was there in the first place ?

I remember similar problems with - for example - Republic Commando.

That's some pretty awesome news.

About fucking time, too! :) Unbelievable how long it took them to fix this crap but better late than never I guess...

Thats for you lucky people in the UK
We are still on 258 here in the states
I can't wait and I wonder if it will fix Spellforce

No, it's here in the USA. However, it's a BETA driver, so you have to search the betas and old releases on NVIDIA's website to get it.

The new profile for Gothic 4 says the game doesn't work well in 3D. <sigh>

Wow! I wonder if this'll fix my problems with Wizardry 8!

I have a problem.I waited a long time to play again Gothic II on Windows7 32 bytes and now you gave me the solution.The bad thing I can't download it because it says "File not found" and I searched a lot.Can someone help me?

Pretty sure it was a permanent fix anyway, the latest driver should be fine. I could be wrong.

Thank you guys.Now I have another problem which I also encountered when I played Gothic I.After a few minutes(5-30 min) the game freezes.I looked everywhere but I couldn't solve the problem.Do you have a solution for that?

After a few minutes(5-30 min) the game freezes.I looked everywhere but I couldn't solve the problem.Do you have a solution for that?

There could be a lot of reasons. Is the freezing completely random, or does it seem to happen during certain animations or sounds?

What kind of sound card do you have? Try disabling sound, and run the game for awhile to see if it still freezes. Change "soundEnabled=1" to soundEnabled=0 in the Gothic configuration file (Should be located in Piranha-Bytes/Gothic/system).

First try simply changing the compatibility mode though. Right click the Gothic.exe file (same folder as above) and select properties. Then select the compatibility tab and change it to compatibility mode for Win 98 or WinXP (service pack 2).

Back
Top Bottom