Bioshock Infinite set for October 16-19.

Here's hoping it's at least a better shooter than Bioshock...

Last edited:
Can't say I'm too excited about those things in BI - and I was definitely more engaged by the idea of an underwater city made by the societal elite in Bioshock.

But that 1999 mode sounds pretty good. At least in terms of what we usually get from these modern AAA games.

If 1999 is designed around character choices and resource management, I might actually give it a try. If the mode is about finely honed twitchy skills, I'll probably stick to easy mode. I play the series for the atmosphere, and I don't need to be good at straferollshootdodgerunduck to accomplish that (and don't particularly want to be).

I'll still wait for it to get to sale prices, though. With my backlog, I've got no business buying full price games, particularly ones that aren't "core" for me.

Yeah, I'll have to hear more about the character development system, and the action factor before deciding on making a day 1 buy.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the Woman/Girl in the game is a time travelling Little Sister.

Too much footage for a game not being released until October. I think I'll pass on watching anymore videos.

It's already a definite purchase for me, and I don't need to see anymore spoilers.

i'd highly recommend the irrational podcasts they are excellent, especially the "irrational behavior" ones. the last one talked with staff about 4 games they thought did specifically great things last year and 4 of 5 were rpg/rpgish. skyrim, deus-ex, dead island, and bastion. all games i played and loved myself and if any of those games has an influence on bioshock:infinite it won't be a bad thing.

i really thought hard about ken levine's stance on how he plays games, in this case, skyrim and his aproach to sticking with his choices and not really using save games. of course in reality this is the opposite of the item hoarding and save hoarding game mentality it does at lease challenge me to consider playing otherwise. i unfortuantely had to struggle (fast-forward) through the part with the other mentioned game modern warfare 3, but thankfully that was all by junior people in irrational games and i gather will have little impact on infinite's development as a whole.
http://irrationalgames.com/insider/irrational-behavior-episode-10-best-games-of-2011/

That's another angle that hasn't been well explained yet. You can get additional powers, but note sure about C&C in character design (nor narrative, for that matter).

It took me years to drum up the interest to play Bioshock. Loved it. Haven't played #2 yet though. This one looks fantastic :)

Just watched a few videos... Still looks like pretentious bullshit to me - but maybe it's a decent shooter.

Back
Top Bottom