Your year end holiday & christmas game list

Remus

Antihero
This year we have a lot of good games coming our way: from the just released C oDT 4: Modern Warfare, CoH: Opposing Forces, World in Conflict, The Orange Box, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, The Witcher, and the soon to be released big games - Crysis, Gear of War: PC and Unreal Tournament III.

I ordered The Orange Box but unable to install it yet as my new rig still lacking couple components! i ordered CoDT:Modern Warfare too and it's on the way. Next on my target will be Gear of War:pC, and certainly Crysis (unless it bombed big time)... And probably Bioshock if i could finish the others first.

Woot! happy time for all gamers for happier Christmas :greengrin:

I want a Nintendo DS with Age Of Kings and Anno 1701, as well as to have it ready for 40K Squad Commander, Civ Revolutions and the recently announced titles from Slitherine being made for the DS.

On the PC, nothing is really interesting me that much. Of course my PC needs a serious upgrade to play any of the AAA new titles.

Oh, forgot Escahlon is out very shortly. That's a must-get for certain.

Last edited:
Yep, loads of goodies:

PC
- The Witcher (already playing)
- Hellgate (just got)
- Timeshift (also just got)
- Painkiller: Overdose (also just got)
- Call of Duty 4 (... yep, just got)
- Gears of War (not yet)
- Crysis
- Eschalon Book 1

DS
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - just got it!
- Anno 1701 - watching the imports
- Panzer Tactics - hopefully this week ...
- Dementium - horror FPS on the 'kiddie' system - heck yeah!
- Call of Duty 4 ... hoping for a review copy of this ;)

PSP
- SOCOM Tactical Strike
- Warhammer 40k - the demo was really fun
- Medal of Honor Heroes 2 - the first was a blast!
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

My list isn't as extensive as most since I just don't get to game as much as I'd like these days.
Eschalon
Hellgate (waiting for some Watch member reviews since the big boys are "meh")
NWN2 (finally have the hardware, waiting on a NWN2+MotB box set)
HoMM5 (hoping there will be some sort of box set released soon)

Although it's a Q1-08 release and doesn't qualify for this thread, I'll mention that I'm starting to drool over "Spore".

So far just Eschalon and Puzzle Quest I'm interested in. I'm keeping an eye on Crysis with all the buzz going on. I'll likely see it at one of the Network Games nights at the University.

There might be a few more if I was working full time and/or had a newer computer.

I ordered Puzzle Quest for the PS2. I put back the other games I fancy (UT3, the elderly C&C3, Jericho and Oblivion GotY) for an indefinite amount of time because of my Radeon's suicide.

CoD4 rocks apparently. Two kids in college were up all night playing it they told me. After class I found out he fell asleep in it.

When it comes to computergames I have more than enough already to play, however, I am thinking about ordering Arkham Horror with expansions.

I'll be completing Hellgate: London and The Witcher soon, so I'll probably just replay some old games (most likely G2: Notr or KotOR, it's been a while) during Christmas, along with my never ending WoW playing.

I just began playing The Witcher. MotB comes out on the 6th of December here; together with Eschalon's demo (at least) and DosBoxed Dark Sun: the Shattered Land (I have problems playing it fullscreen, but it's a great game even in the windowed mode) I'll have something to occupy me.

Um, of course, not counting work, writing my PhD, decorating my flat and gradually discovering the joys of living with my gf.;-) Yes, I mean her cooking.

Just this year I have bought

PC
- crysis collector edition
- gears of war
- call of duty 4 collectors edition
- bioshock collector edition
- two worlds royal edition
- guild wars Nightfall Collectors Edition
- guild wars: Eye Of The North
- guild wars 2006 edition
- guild wars factions collector edition
- hellgate: london collector edition
- warcraft battlechest
- lord of the rings online collector edition
- witcher collector edition
- orange box
- fantasy wars
- rainbow six raven shield
- rainbow six vegas
- swat4
- swat4 expansion
- stalker collector edition
- jade empire special edition
- beyond good and evil
- mediaval 2 kingdoms
- fear extraction point
- silent hunter 3
- silent hunter 4 collector edition
- mask of betrayal
- xwing collection
- xwing alliance
- black & white 2
- black & white 2: battle of the gods
- oblivion shivering isles
- spellforce 2:dragon storm
- wizardry 8
- anachronox
- heroes of might and magic 5: tribes of the east
- heroes of might and magic 5: hammers of fate

PS2
- rogue galaxy
- dragon quest vii
- shadow of the colossus
- final fantasy xii

I havent played a single one yet - they are all still in wrappers on the shelf. Im still playing the games I bought last year.

There are rules which Ive enforced for myself to reduce the buying:
1. I have to finish every game before starting a new one
2. All games must be good or special/I have to like the demo + get atleast average scores
3. Games that belong to a series that I allready own can be bought even if they are mediocre at best

Last edited:
So far, I have everything I want for the PC: MotB, BioShock, The Witcher, CoH: Opposing Fronts, World in Conflict. I even bought The Orange Box, out of impulse, because it was half the price during Black Friday at Best Buy. But I haven't played HL2 and Portal is fun so it was really worth it. Now I need three games for the DS: LoZ: The Phantom Hourglass, FF XII: Revenant Wings, and Heroes of Mana.

Now I need three games for the DS: LoZ: The Phantom Hourglass, FF XII: Revenant Wings, and Heroes of Mana.

I'd get the first two and skip the third ... ;) You could read my previous 'Whole Game in my Hand' to see ... the other two will be in the next one (coming soon-ish ;) )

Ankh 1 & 2 - definitively.

I've pretty much bought all the games on my christmas wish list The Witcher, Stalker, NWN 2 MOTB, Bioshock, Mark of Chaos, Gothic 3, Jericho (sucks), Hellgate(double sucks), Ufo Afterlight, Acension to the Throne, Overlord and a few other ;)

Here is the ones I would like that haven't got yet Mage Knight Apocalypse, Avenum's (all of them), Warcraft 3 (Still haven't bought this because I'm a little tired of RTS), Cute Knight Deluxe, Painkiller Overdose and top on my list Fantasy Wars (I'm hoping this is like Ascension to the throne which was great).

@Alrik - I picked up Ankh at walmart for ten bucks, looked like an interesting little Egypt themed comical adventure game. Havent installed it yet tho. The ten dollar walmart rack cheapie I'm going on right now is Virtual Villagers, which Ive really started to like quite a bit.

What do I want? Hmmmm...
Generally, when I want a game I buy it. There are some that may be top dollar that I know I wont play right away so I hold off so I dont feel like too much an idiot when it sits on the shelf for 6 mos to a year and the price has hit bargain city

Santa Tiger, I'll take:
Spellforce Dragon Storm
Company of Heroes
Mask of the Betrayer
Dark Crusade
Stronghold Legends
Stronghold II
FEAR

@Zakhal: Has anybody ever told you that you're completely insane?

If not, you're completely insane. :) (Just thought I'd do my civic duty to inform you)

I probably shouldn't mention that I already have ~150 published GamerDad reviews this year with ~30 to be done before year end ... ;)

I have no real plans for more games before the end of the year - other than the Mac version of Eschalon and some more time with GameTap.

@Alrik - I picked up Ankh at walmart for ten bucks, looked like an interesting little Egypt themed comical adventure game.

It's said to be *very* funny, and - at least here - containing very professional voice-acting.

It sells seemingly very well here in Germany, because they've already put out the n-th "special collection" of it.

Ankh 2 is just out.

Jack Keane is made by the same devs (http://www.deck13.com/) as well, and I personally consider it as a good spiritual successor of Monkey Island.

I haven't played any of the games yet, but they are standing on my "short-list", so to say.

I have just looked at the "Virtual Villagers" site, due to your comment, and I'm going to try it out.
Haven't seen it here in Germany, yet.

I also have bought most of the games I wanted this year--normally I wait awhile til the game has time to "settle" and produce a few patches--but this year I've not been able to hold back on things like The Witcher, MotB, PuzzleQuest, and Depths of Peril.

The only games I lack that I really want are Fantasy Wars and HoMM5:Tribes of the East. I'm still deliberating on Eschalon.

Back
Top Bottom