Farcry 4

But Thrasher, it really looks as if this game won't annoy me apart from that blocked gamesave spots that might really be a bug as I've said when it was mentioned in this thread the first time. And Ubisoft is not Bethesda to leave bugs unfixed for decades.
Why would I skip buying the game then?

JDR... Um... What exactly is offtopic here? We're pondering thoughts on (possible) funs and annoys in Farcry3.

It's a matter of degree, of course. There is a threshold of annoyance that causes me to take action, pet peeves, in particular. Shitty save systems is one of mine.

It's a matter of degree, of course. There is a threshold of annoyance that causes me to take action, pet peeves, in particular. Shitty save systems is one of mine.

Well, I have some of my own - but they tend to depend on genre and overall design.

For a meaty RPG, I wouldn't accept a save system like the one in Far Cry 3. But the game is basically derived from the GTA school of design - and I don't really fret over losing tiny bits of progress on occasion. The game is more about going crazy than following the story.

IIRC, Far Cry originally had an even worse save system, until quicksave was patched in much later ;)

JRD, excuse me for asking… But who should just have purchased Farcry pack with endless respawning crap in Farcry2?

Who should end doing this:
AcaNholivud.gif

I don't know if a quicksave was ever officially patched into FC1 to be honest. There was an unofficial save anywhere feature you could enable with the console.

That was pretty much the only thing I didn't like about the game.

@joxer: Who said anything about Far Cry 2. :)

He was referring to Far Cry 1, which was excellent until you had to start battling the non-humans, which removed all the fun tactical gameplay from the first half. I hear Crysis suffers from the same fate. Don't these devs ever learn from their mistakes?

JDR, IIRC Farcry pack *contains* Farcry2, so the one who said something about Farcry2 is - you. If I'm not mistaken, you're the one who says endless mobrespawning games are - good games. :p

I might be wrong, but I do seem to remember it becoming a feature in a late patch. It was one of the reasons I didn't play it - though it was primarily that it was way too samey in terms of the environment and the gameplay.

The difference between Far Cry and Crysis is that Crysis was a lot more varied and you had more interesting tools at your disposal. It was also particularly beautiful - and I'm not sure there has been a game since that has impressed me quite as much in terms of technical prowess. It was just stunning.

Time to switch to another browser then! Just don't tell me you're still using IE.

Chrome, because it's much faster than the others. I used to prefer Firefox, but no more :)

Back
Top Bottom