BioWare - Mass Effect: Andromeda Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Mass Effect: Andromeda - Holiday 2016 Release

Well we finally have a name for the next Mass Effect game, and its called Mass Effect: Andromeda, Good news is the game will be released this year.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw

Visit MassEffect.com for the latest updates: http://o.ea.com/39506.

A new adventure awaits in the Mass Effect universe. With stunning visuals and a new galaxy to discover, BioWare delivers the next generation of space exploration.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Coming Holiday 2016 to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Hell yes is turning out to be a good time for gaming.:cool:

Last edited:
Couchpotato said:
Good news is the game will be released this year.

Holiday 2016 is next year, dude :) .

Last edited:
Hmm looks like a Halo game to me for some reason :)

Aaryn Flynn has updated the Bioware blog with news that the new game in this series will
be called Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Flynn says this about the game:

While we aren't ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy. You will play a human, male or female, though that's actually not the character you saw in the trailer (more on that later). You'll be exploring an all-new galaxy, Andromeda, and piloting the new and improved Mako you saw. And through it all, you will have a new team of adventurers to work with, learn from, fight alongside of, and fall in love with.
You can view the Mako and other things in the trailer here. Be sure to listen to the music
as well as you're in for a surprise.

According to Aaryn Flynn:

.....we are still many months away from the game's release date in holiday 2016
Conal Pierce has made this thread about the upcoiming game on the Bioware forums.

More information.

So it's basically Star Gate: Atlantis, except it's situated in the Andromeda Galaxy?

aries100 - I changed the NewsBit from Bioware to Mass Effect: Andromeda -
I just added the game to our database.

Hmm. Hint of Firefly moreso than Stargate with the space/western theme. Some of the environments look exciting, but I'm getting desert fatigue from BioWare. The 2-3 in Dragon Age Inquisition were great, but I spent… a lot of time in them. And this one looks like Sedona, AZ, which is neat but not very alien.

Anyway, it would make sense that the Andromeda galaxy would be used, based on proximity, and it's nice to see we're 'warping' without mass relays. Would have liked to see a companion or two, but I'll have to wait.

Either way, it's been a helluva few weeks for game news. Xcom, Fallout, Mass Effect. It's like I found a genie in a bottle and asked for sequels to my favorite 3 game franchises ever.

Anyway, it would make sense that the Andromeda galaxy would be used, based on proximity, and it's nice to see we're 'warping' without mass relays. Would have liked to see a companion or two, but I'll have to wait.

The warping is just plain normal FTL travelling, you can see "your location" and "FTL destination" on the map before the warping happens.

I'm personally much more puzzled by the Geth looking comm towers raising from the ground.

Looks amazing, can't wait to see more: the fact it's "Long After" the original trilogy...this is my favourite part of all.

So now it's taking place long after the other games? Didn't they previously state that it was taking place around the same time?

Last edited:
Well, it has got to be a prequel or a sequel relative to the first trilogy or to individual events from the first trilogy. If you pick a fixed point in time then you should easily be able to say 'before' or 'after'.
Now that we know that the game is set in a parallel galaxy and hundreds of years later, their "neither" reply is even more nonsensical because it is obviously a sequel.

After DA:I I'm done with BW.

That'll show 'em! :)

Well, it has got to be a prequel or a sequel relative to the first trilogy or to individual events from the first trilogy. If you pick a fixed point in time then you should easily be able to say 'before' or 'after'.
Now that we know that the game is set in a parallel galaxy and hundreds of years later, their "neither" reply is even more nonsensical because it is obviously a sequel.

So the only thing that makes a game a prequel or sequel is that it's set before or after the first game?

EDIT:
Wikipedia said:
A sequel (also known as a follow-up) is a narrative, documental, or other work of literature, film, theatre, television, music, or game that continues the story of, or expands upon, some earlier work. In the common context of a narrative work of fiction, a sequel portrays events set in the same fictional universe as an earlier work, usually chronologically following the events of that work.

Okay, I stand corrected. :/ But I guess they meant that the events and characters in the sequel don't have any direct connection to the prequel (besides being in the same universe).

More importantly, this seems to be a simultaneous PS4/Xbone/PC release. That's good.

Last edited:

A lots of people equal sequel to "more Shepard as protagonist" in the ME fandom. Considering how many of them are still in denials about ME:A not having Shepard as protagonist, it was just a safe reply.

It is also possible ME:A start somewhere in the original trilogy and then move a few centuries into the future (aka the time it would take to go from the Milky Way to Andromeda without a macguffin).

Back
Top Bottom