Skyrim - Remaster vs. Vanilla Comparison - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Remaster vs. Vanilla Comparison

Default Skyrim - Remaster vs. Vanilla Comparison

June 16th, 2016, 18:59
JDR is more neutral than Switzerland and more cool than an Eskimo. ( terrible, terrible joke).
The rest of us are on a warpath.
BoboTheMighty is offline

BoboTheMighty

BoboTheMighty's Avatar
SasqWatch

#41

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Croatia
Posts: 3,900
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:00
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
First of all, CDPR has never done something like this.
Of course they have. The Witcher 1 + 2 Enhanced Editions.

Second, I think you're overreacting just a tad.
What? People are getting something for free and they are calling it a ripoff. I am overreacting?

The fanboys need to stop wetting their pants.
I'm not a fanboy by any means. Just get annoyed by whining.
Thaurin is offline

Thaurin

SasqWatch

#42

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:01
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Critique is good and should be encouraged. Telling people they shouldn't like something they like, is questionable.
Well I would never tell someone that they shouldn't like something in regards to gaming. I didn't see anyone doing that. I like Bethesda games a lot. Still playing FO4 in fact.

I'm not impressed by what I've seen of the Skyrim remaster though. Whatever effect that is that they added to the lighting makes it look like you're viewing things through a soupy haze. I prefer the cleaner colder look of the original. I suspect one of the first mods created for the remaster will be to remove that effect.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#43

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 27,166
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:02
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
What are we, in high school again? "Let's tell people they're stupid for liking something so that the popular crowd will think I'm funny and like me!" Grow up
No, I come from culture that does not believe in sugar coating words. What you call high school I call honest truth.
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#44

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,802
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:02
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
Of course they have. The Witcher 1 + 2 Enhanced Editions.
Are you going to keep pretending that's the same thing when it's clearly not? The Skyrim remaster offers no improvements or new content that I'm aware of. It's a (questionable) visual upgrade and nothing more.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#45

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 27,166
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:14
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
No, I come from culture that does not believe in sugar coating words. What you call high school I call honest truth.
Brain dead is a state of people who are usually in a hospital bed and not able function. So someone who is brain dead wouldn't be able to post here. So that's obviously not honest truth.

Second if you're making light of people in a very serious and sad medical state in poor taste, and using it as a metaphor or figurative speech (because it's obviously not literal as we've already established), then you must be saying that if they were "non-braindead" that they would be playing other games. Yet many people who play these games that you have just labelled as inferior also play games that you would label as superior. Which clearly contradicts your statement.

So we can clearly deduce from these above statements that you are in fact not using honest truth as you stated, and are using a deflective answer to distract from your true motives.

Also, i've built an immunity to Iocane powder, so it doesn't matter which cup of wine you drink from.
--
_______________
Love old text based RPGs? MUDs? Try Shadows of Kalendale:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14727
Caddy is offline

Caddy

Caddy's Avatar
Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

#46

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,170
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:25
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Well I would never tell someone that they shouldn't like something in regards to gaming. I didn't see anyone doing that. I like Bethesda games a lot. Still playing FO4 in fact.

I think he was referring to this comment from some 5 year old:

Because non braindead people don't have fun playing those game.
Some people just lack the mental and social capacity to know how to interact with others.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
wolfgrimdark is offline

wolfgrimdark

wolfgrimdark's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#47

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:28
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Are you going to keep pretending that's the same thing when it's clearly not? The Skyrim remaster offers no improvements or new content that I'm aware of. It's a (questionable) visual upgrade and nothing more.
I'm assuming we're talking about PC only?

Because from a console point of view, they've gone from 720p to 1080p, and allowed for mods on consoles, which is a long time coming.

However, on all platforms they've moved to 64-bit which is pretty big. This means the 4gb (or realistically less the 3.5gb limit) has been removed and will allow for even better graphical performance and more freedom when using mods:

Here's some reddit info from the Skywind peeps:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skywind/com…ny_changes_to/

And more:

http://www.pcgamer.com/skyrim-specia…s-for-modders/
--
_______________
Love old text based RPGs? MUDs? Try Shadows of Kalendale:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14727
Caddy is offline

Caddy

Caddy's Avatar
Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

#48

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,170
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:28
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Brain dead is a state of people who are usually in a hospital bed and not able function. So someone who is brain dead wouldn't be able to post here. So that's obviously not honest truth.

Second if you're making light of people in a very serious and sad medical state in poor taste, and using it as a metaphor or figurative speech (because it's obviously not literal as we've already established), then you must be saying that if they were "non-braindead" that they would be playing other games. Yet many people who play these games that you have just labelled as inferior also play games that you would label as superior. Which clearly contradicts your statement.

So we can clearly deduce from these above statements that you are in fact not using honest truth as you stated, and are using a deflective answer to distract from your true motives.

Also, i've built an immunity to Iocane powder, so it doesn't matter which cup of wine you drink from.
That they play games for non braindead people means there is still a chance for those people. But most of these Bethesda lovers only play similar crappy games and there is no chance for them.

Of course I don't consider brain dead everyone that tries a Bethesda game, but people that would put in 100+ hours and totally enjoy it.
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#49

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,802
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:36
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Because from a console point of view, they've gone from 720p to 1080p, and allowed for mods on consoles, which is a long time coming.
Yeah, I had forgotten about that. I must admit that I pay very little attention to consoles. It's good for console players, but it doesn't change me being unimpressed by the PC version.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#50

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 27,166
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:36
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
That they play games for non braindead people means there is still a chance for those people. But most of these Bethesda lovers only play similar crappy games and there is no chance for them.

Of course I don't consider brain dead everyone that tries a Bethesda game, but people that would put in 100+ hours and totally enjoy it.
Ah, so you've changed slightly from your original statement. Eventually, you will be assimilated. Give in now.
--
_______________
Love old text based RPGs? MUDs? Try Shadows of Kalendale:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14727
Caddy is offline

Caddy

Caddy's Avatar
Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

#51

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,170
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 19:40
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Yeah, I had forgotten about that. I must admit that I pay very little attention to consoles. It's good for console players, but it doesn't change me being unimpressed by the PC version.
I would agree with you for existing owners of the game, it's not going to bring much new immediately, except those who get it for free and might want to check it out, or as a reminder to those who have it and haven't played it yet. But I think down the road it will be good for those looking to get in on some improved mod action.
--
_______________
Love old text based RPGs? MUDs? Try Shadows of Kalendale:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14727
Caddy is offline

Caddy

Caddy's Avatar
Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

#52

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,170
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 20:35
The usable VRAM change won't actually accomplish much if they didn't also address the limited memory heap that Sheson & SKSE fixed.
Drithius is offline

Drithius

Drithius's Avatar
Laughing Gnome

#53

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 4,897
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Default 

June 16th, 2016, 23:14
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Yeah, I had forgotten about that. I must admit that I pay very little attention to consoles. It's good for console players, but it doesn't change me being unimpressed by the PC version.
You're right, the PC version IS unimpressive. However, it's also free.
And now take a good guess about how many offering "critique" would do so, if that remaster wouldn't be available for PC at all. My bet is at all of them.
Siannah is offline

Siannah

Watcher

#54

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 17th, 2016, 00:27
Windows 10 was also free.

Drithius is offline

Drithius

Drithius's Avatar
Laughing Gnome

#55

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 4,897
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 17th, 2016, 00:32
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Windows 10 was also free.

If my Skyrim installation starts behaving like the Windows 10 update, it will definitely be escorted unceremoniously to the recycle bin.
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#56

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,656
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 17th, 2016, 01:07
Originally Posted by Siannah View Post
You're right, the PC version IS unimpressive. However, it's also free.
And now take a good guess about how many offering "critique" would do so, if that remaster wouldn't be available for PC at all. My bet is at all of them.
This is a good point. If they didn't release this for PC and did on consoles there would be a lot of angry PC gamers. Yet if they charged for it for PC when people already had all the content there would be a lot of angry PC gamers. This way makes the most sense.
--
_______________
Love old text based RPGs? MUDs? Try Shadows of Kalendale:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14727
Caddy is offline

Caddy

Caddy's Avatar
Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

#57

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,170
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Default 

June 17th, 2016, 01:32
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Windows 10 was also free.

Bethesda surely isn't shoving the remaster down your throat.
Nobody is forcing you to play or even download the thing. Nobody claims you should love, enjoy or embrace it, for whatever reason.

Point is: Bethesda could have released it just for consoles, ask a price for it even on PC, give it away for free on PC - in either case, the same guys would bitch about it with the same tired and (mostly) straight dishonest argumentation.

From claims it being a ripoff (when it's free), obsolete engine (F4, Skyrim remaster), lack of innovation (check dialog from Morrowind over Oblivion, F3, Skyrim to F4) or the ever so popular list of what the unofficial patch fixed (98% of it barely noticeable without mod tools).

I could pinpoint you to the kid in the Witcher 3, which keeps playing at the damn same place even at 3AM in the morning - you won't see something like that in Skyrim. But for Bethesda it would be another proof of not caring about bugs…
Siannah is offline

Siannah

Watcher

#58

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 17th, 2016, 01:48
To clarify, I don't give a shit either way. I'm done with the company after the joke of Fo4 and repeated failed attempts to warm up to the drab gameplay/world of Skyrim. I just find the blind faith of some devotees sad.

This is nothing more than an experiment in cost/benefit analysis to cement Bethesda.net into the console consumer consciousness - and, by extension, the majority of the gaming marketplace. Given the abysmal staying power of FO4 and the sheer clunkiness of Bethesda.net (go take a look), the Zenimax suits are latching on to Skyrim's PC modding community to keep their project alive for a future paid mods platform.
Drithius is offline

Drithius

Drithius's Avatar
Laughing Gnome

#59

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 4,897
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

June 17th, 2016, 02:05
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Are you going to keep pretending that's the same thing when it's clearly not? The Skyrim remaster offers no improvements or new content that I'm aware of. It's a (questionable) visual upgrade and nothing more.
Well, that's where you are wrong. If you mod skyrim you will know one of the issues is memory in the game, they are changing it to 64 bit which allows mod users a lot more options with the game. You may think that isn't a huge thing, but it really is(granted without a new engine it still isn't the best thing they could do….but it is a lot better then the original….and free….so?).
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#60

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,987
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Remaster vs. Vanilla Comparison
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:14.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch