Swordbreaker remake is coming this year on PC

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
https://onlysp.escapistmagazine.com/swordbreaker-back-to-the-castle-gets-final-trailer/
In a news post by DuCats on Indiedb, the studio clarified that the upcoming game is based on the original Swordbreaker the Game in terms of the narrative: “Swordbreaker: Back to The Castle is a remake of the original Swordbreaker the Game.”

Steam page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1005990/Swordbreaker_Back_to_The_Castle/
The story of the game tells about the bloody and adventures of Swordbreaker before his coming to the mysterious castle. The hero has to go through many trials before he perhaps finds what he came for.
Swordbreaker will have to destroy hordes of enemies and solve a lot of puzzles to make his way to the castle. Upgrade Swordbreaker’s skills, find unique weapons and armor. And most importantly — move towars your goal!

- dynamic battles in the vast areas of Dorgan;
- mysterious locations full of enemies and secrets;
- character upgrade system;
- RPG elements — change weapons, armor, and spells;
- dynamic change of music depending on Swordbreaker’s karma.

Mature Content Description:
In the game there are violence, fights and blood. And one of the naked character.
I guess we don't need nude mods for this one. :D

The trailer:

Is it just me or this has Gothic vibe?
And did you notice the most important thing too? No kindergarden fit'em symbols nor ABXY rubbish on puzzle levers, yay! :D

Additional info: there will also be a separate adventure game (Alrik, you hear this?) about Swordbreaker's past:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1080700/Swordbreaker_Origins/

Never heard of this before. Looks good but I'll have to do more research.

New to me as well but added it to my wishlist on steam so I could keep track of it.

As soon as I read "blood", a game is over for me.

I wish I was equally easy to please...

It's 6€, I just might try it.

Edit: It's 6€ for a reason. It's very cheap, buggy and there's nothing to it. The story literally starts like this: you found this map; it points to the castle; go to the castle. when you open the quest log it just says "Findlocation" (without the the space between the words). Voice acting is really bad, like the developers did it themselves (they probably did), but that's not a big deal.

It runs like shit. My 1060 was constantly at 100% and framerate was dropping below 60 all the time. It doesn't look nearly *that* good. Bugs; it doesn't save your control setup so every time you reload the game it will reset the controls to default. When it starts, your character has like +500% speed buff for a few seconds and starts running like crazy, but that's not a big deal. If you try to exit your inventory with ESC it will just unpause the game but the inventory screen will still be visible. that means that you won't be able to move your cursor and will instead move the camera while the view is obstructed by the inventory screen. What else? Yeah, the mouse has that weird acceleration and is a bit too sensitive and you can't turn it off or adjust the sensitivity.

What is there to the game? Well, if the combat is any good it can still pass. It's not. It's utter shite. you swing your sword like a child would and it passes through the enemies and their health goes down. You get no feedback, and it doesn't feel like combat. Imagine if Neverwinter Nights 1 combat was third person real-time. I've played flash games with better combat than this.

Conclusion: stay away from this. I've refunded it. It's not a scam or anything, it's just a really, really bad game.

Last edited:
Damn, I wish I had seen your post before purchasing. I just finished installing it.

Oh well.. I guess I can go the refund route if it's that bad.

Good to know - I had it on wish list but will wait till I hear more. Curious to see what @JDR13; has to say.

Well this is a first. As soon as I started it up, AVG detected the exe file as a virus and quarantined it. I've never had that happen with a game on Steam.

I've put in a refund request.

Well this is a first. As soon as I started it up, AVG detected the exe file as a virus and quarantined it. I've never had that happen with a game on Steam.

I've put in a refund request.

Hahahaha, my antivirus didn't detect anything, but my brain detected a very bad game within 15 minutes.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Watching the trailer i might have taken a flier on it at some point. Now I don’t need to waste my time. :)

Back
Top Bottom