What games are you playing now?

Dang you spoiled it. I thought maybe the bad guy finally won.

Lemme guess… bad guy dies at the end? ;)

After all these recent games failing big at serious narrative (Pillars, I'm looking at you), it is sooo refreshing to play something so simple. Ahhh, the straightforward 80's fantasy.
Maybe I'll even start reading Feist's Magician books again! :)

Those Feist books…..must resist urge to read….must resist or I'll lose a solid week of gaming or more!!!!

Is that the one with Pug and Tomas the Valerian?

Unlike many series, those books by Feist often improve as you read along. There is a drop off in quality much later, but the ride there is something you will enjoy every page of the way.

Elex is quite fun again. I think it's my favorite PB after Gothic 2. It's better than Gothic 3 (patched) and even the first first Risen (which i thought was almost as good as Gothic 2).
Is it worth playing Risen 2 and/or 3, which do you think i would prefer? It seems like Risen 2 has overall better reviews, the way i remembered it was that people thought 3 was a step up..

Elex is quite fun again. I think it's my favorite PB after Gothic 2. It's better than Gothic 3 (patched) and even the first first Risen (which i thought was almost as good as Gothic 2).
Is it worth playing Risen 2 and/or 3, which do you think i would prefer? It seems like Risen 2 has overall better reviews, the way i remembered it was that people thought 3 was a step up..

I'm surprised you haven't played Risen 2 or 3 yet. To answer your question though, yes, I think they're both worth playing. The combat is mediocre, but the overall experiences are pretty good.

Risen 2 is especially fun if you're in the mood for the pirate theme. Risen 3 goes back to more of a fantasy setting but with better exploration.

Risen 2 - although the sidekick from inquisition is OP, go shaman route for fun faction quests.
Risen 3 - keep Bones as your sidekick all the time for his banter.

Buy, play, now.

I enjoyed all three Risen games, but the very first one was, and still is, my favourite one. Two and three are certainly worth playing, the range and scope of the third game will take anyone quite some time to finish on an initial play. Compared to many other series, you really cannot go wrong with any of the three.

Great, thanks. I already own all of them (i'm good at supporting my favorite devs, not so good at playing everything though). I also have Fallout 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn to play.. not sure which one to begin with yet.

After spending months playing Lords of Xulima I fancied something different - something
story heavy, a bit more actiony, not party based. So I fired up Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines. Its been sat in my Steam account unplayed for years, but all the talk of Vampyr got me thinking about it. I'm only a couple of hours in but I'm really enjoying it. The character creation was more interesting than I expected and the freedome to explore the first proper map is good fun. Looking forward to sinking more hours into it over the weekend.

@Pongo; is it your first time playing Vampire: Bloodlines? Did you had to patch the game for the Steam version? I bought it a while ago but didn't end up playing as it won't launch without unofficial patch and I felt too lazy to do that.

@Pongo; is it your first time playing Vampire: Bloodlines? Did you had to patch the game for the Steam version? I bought it a while ago but didn't end up playing as it won't launch without unofficial patch and I felt too lazy to do that.

If you get it from GoG (currently 75% off), it comes with the unofficial patch included so you don't have to do a separate install.

Yeah its my first time playing it. I've installed the unofficial patch, apparently you need it to get rid of bugs. There's a link to it in the Steam forum; it was easy to install and everything is working smoothly. For what its worth, comments in the Steam forum suggest that the GOG version comes with the unofficial patch already installed.

What clan did you choose? I went with Ventrue my first time. I'm going to replay as Malkavian in the very near future. Probably right after I finish Vampyr.

I went with Ventrue as well. I thought I'd go for a minimal combat approach so I focussed on skills like seduction and lockpicking, but it wasn't working particularly well so I've started chucking points into melee and strength. I'm only playing on normal difficulty so hopefully character creation mistakes aren't going to kill me - so far I've managed to get past everything ok, even if its taken a few attempts.

I've just progressed to the Downtown area, with the tall skyscrapers and gothic churches. The atmosphere is fantastic.

Still on Baldur's Gate 1: EE, and I think I'm getting near the end. Have only finished maybe 2/3 of the quests in the city. Some seem to be broken, some seem to not be updated properly (Yeah, there's plenty of bugs in the EE).

It's been a decent run, and the gameplay is still especially solid. But I have some complaints with regards to story, especially the way they made a reveal of something quite dramatic. Which I did know before hand, but the way in which it was revealed proved especially disappointing. I was left speechless how they revealed it. In a bad way.

After having returned to Candlekeep, and accused of the murder of the leaders of The Iron Throne (which was really hoaky imo). Basically I talked to them, and they triggered aggressive, I killed them, and then got taken into custody. So right know I'm in the catacombs beneath Candlekeep.

And about that disappointment I mentioned above, I was dumbstruck the way they chose to reveal to me that I was the son of Bhaal, God of Murder. I basically found a letter of Gorion's in one of his stashes. That's how they chose to reveal that? Me reading it in a random letter I found? Is this revealed in some other way later one maybe, and I spoiled a better reveal? Even so, why write it so clearly. Why not hint at it in some way. Disappointing really.

Back
Top Bottom