The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Listening to a little JB while soaking up some rays.

I'm still freezing my nuts off, and listening to the blues.

I'm not sure what to say about this. I'm also not sure how youtube decided to offer it up to me. I think I should be concerned.

There is only one Barracuda.

There is only one Barracuda.

@Ripper; - your taste is awesome!!! Great album title too.

One of my all-time favourite artists - been lucky enough to see him 5 times! (We miss many artists down under as too far and too $$). Once he even did live guitar versions of Fear, Dirty Ass Rock n’ Roll, Guts, Pablo Picasso and more - just awesome and something I never expected to hear live. It was in 2010, he performed Paris 1919 with a full orchestra and then his own band strapped on guitars, turned up the volume and went for it!!

Last edited:
It was in 2010, he performed Paris 1919 with a full orchestra and then his own band strapped on guitars, turned up the volume and went for it!!

Fantastic. Wish I'd seen that one! I think he's a genuinely brilliant guy.

This morning I felt an urge for a deep dive into some Massive Attack. Mezzanine is such a fantastic album!
Love this album :) It's my preferred from this group, Protection is close behind.

A pretty irregular but very interesting group. Since I was just listening to old songs on Spotify when I read your post (now it's on the Simple Minds series), I quickly checked them and I see they released a Mezzanine Deluxe in 2019, heh. It's mostly the remastered album and remixes, nothing new to discover.

Do you think they'll ever create another album? It's been 11 years…

PS: why are there so many great UK bands?

I don't see MA doing another new album, thank goodness they did a few back in the day. I'm sure all the remasters and back releases keep them flush with cash, and sustain them since live performances are pretty much not happening these days. And yes, the UK has more than it's fair share of excellent bands, pretty much because they've always been bright and relevant.

Something different for once.:p

A metal cover of Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame.

HELLFIRE - Metal Cover by Jonathan Young (Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Also a Cyberpunk 2077 Metal Cover.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Chippin' In (Epic Metal Cover) - [feat. Jeff Loomis]

This morning I harkened my neighbourhood to enjoy the dulcet tones of Pearl Jam, for a few hours. If they didn't enjoy it, well, I heard no protestations, though the sound level of the music may have precluded that!

Dead When I Found Her (albums: All the Way Down, Rag Doll Blues, The Bottom, ...).

They're using noir movie samples and other retro sounds, it's a curious mix but I find it relaxing when working. Titles like Threadbare and Seeing Red are so weird, often make me smile.

Maybe it's acquired taste, or maybe I'm getting nuts ;)

Back
Top Bottom