RPG Codex - GOTY 2020 Vote

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The RPG Codex is voting for the GOTY 2020:

RPG Codex 2020 GOTY - VOTE NOW!

Ladies and gentlemen, once again it is time!

The voting for the RPG Codex's 2020 GOTY poll is now open: VOTE HERE

It goes without saying that 2020 wasn't the best of years, but we still got a decent offering in titles like Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk, Troubleshooters and Horizon's Gate. Is up to you to help sort them out and figure what's worthy of a closer look. Since we barely had any DLC/Expansion this year besides Outer Worlds and Borderlands, we'll skip the category this year - we'll just rate the year's best RPGs and the best ports/remasters.

The poll is long, with over 70 games, but just scroll past all the games you didn't play and focus on the ones you did.

I'll run the poll for 1 week, until Jan 17, at 12:00 JST. Results should come out a few days later.

Cheers!
More information.

So are they using that weird point system again? As the poll looks different then usual.

Yes it's that time of the year again, remember to massively vote for CP 2077 for maximum butthurt.

These three games got 4's.;)

• Wasteland 3
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
The rest of the games got a score of 1 or 2.:p

These three games got 4's.;)

• Wasteland 3
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
The rest of the games got a score of 1 or 2.:p

Oh no, seriously ACS is worth a 4, its absurdly complex and requires 400 pages of guide to even scratch the surface .

I didn't vote on games I didn't play, so plenty of blank spaces. My 4's went to CP2077 and Horizon Zero Dawn. Some 3's here and there where you can expect them. Strange poll system but I guess it's just easy and kinda fun to tick the checkboxes.

I only played Haven. Gave it a 2. I'm what they call a patient gamer.

I only played two of them and many I didn't even know so only voted for those two. C2077 got a 4 either way.

Very unlikely that cp2077 wont win.

I disagree. For three reasons:

1. Felipepepe does some bayesian ranking if I remember correctly, so number of people who played the game is not so much of an advantage as you might otherwise expect.

2. Many people on the codex hate CP77. Anyone can vote, and the most obvious troll-votes might be removed. But I still expect this to skew the result.

3. This earlier poll https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/codex-goty-2020-not-the-official-codex-goty.136400/ which shows CP77 on fourth place (first place is "everything is shit", which is not entirely unexpected).

I don’t understand the scoring system. In a 4 point system there’s no “true OK”. I feel as though 2 would be a little less than OK and 3 would be a little more than OK. Seems a 5 point system would make more sense.

I don’t understand the scoring system. In a 4 point system there’s no “true OK�. I feel as though 2 would be a little less than OK and 3 would be a little more than OK. Seems a 5 point system would make more sense.
That is to force people to make a decision.
Similar reasoning to Steam reviews only offering a good/bad review decision.

As soon as you allow a "meh" option, most people will automatically just pick that if they have no strong feelings about a game.
But having no strong feelings about a game makes the game pretty invalid for your GOTY, choice, so why even offer the option in this vote?

Steam reviews should still offer a neutral option, but that's not really related.

"Te poll will run for 1 week, until Jan 17, at 12:00 JST. "

Spell check!!!

Poll is pretty much as valid as any other online poll :)

I don’t understand the scoring system. In a 4 point system there’s no “true OK�. I feel as though 2 would be a little less than OK and 3 would be a little more than OK. Seems a 5 point system would make more sense.

That's not what the points mean. It's not a grading system, it's a system for weighting the choices relative to other games. A 5 point scale would just mean more precision in saying that X is better than Y is better than Z and so on.

That is just too complicated. For the RPGWatch GOTY, I just ask you for 3 games, throw everything away and just make something up for the end result. It is much easier that way and as nobody has found out by now, I apparently am good at making stuff up.

I knew it! Something always felt fishy, we just didn't have any proof! :p

Back
Top Bottom