Euro 2020

England is going to be under pressure today. They need to win that group.

Well, if they win the group they are up against France, Germany, Prtugal or Hungary (very unlikely but possible). A draw and a second place in the group would be preferable since in that case they would face Sweden, Poland, Slovakia or Spain, which I think would be preferable. I think they will play for a win, however, since the Scotland game was very conservative and they faced a lot of criticism about it.

Playing France in the Round of 16 would be harsh. They can't duck anyone if you want to win it all. I'm just happy with the group the Dutch were placed in and they should have a decent game next round also.

Looks like England is going to have to work with at least one replacement as well, going into this game. The pressure is officially cranked up!!

So Germany lives another day, but again they are a mediocre team right now.

That was one of the most exciting days so far. Spain obliterating Slovakia was actually the most boring match yesterday.

The Netherlands has a good draw in the bracket. Germany-England could be the most interesting round of 16 matchups. Should be some good games in the next two weeks.

Ahemm… Belgium - Portugal …. :D

Yeahhhh, painful. If we happen to win that one, it's likely up against Italy (the prime tournament team), after which we might meet France in the semi's. It's gonna be a hard road, but if we make it (which I don't really think that likely), we'll at least have earned it.

The other side of the table looks a lot more favorable.

So Germany lives another day, but again they are a mediocre team right now.

It seems you have finally run out of obviously match winning players in enough abundance to have strength in depth.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Germany/England game. Both are in middling condition, but both have some talent, and will really want this. Could be an interesting one.

I am also looking forward to England - Germany ,and of course also Sweden - Ukraine the most. England - Germany is a real classic, and both teams has some young talent!

Denmark must have made it out of the last 16 once, as they have won the Euro Championship once upon a time :)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Germany/England game. Both are in middling condition, but both have some talent, and will really want this. Could be an interesting one.

England is actually one of the most talented teams in the world. They were the 3rd betting favorite after France and Belgium. They just can't seem to put it together mentally in big tournaments.

The Netherlands has a great draw. Go Orange!!

Wales - Denmark is a very odd game. Denmark is playing a top game but Wales is just fouling left, right and centre.

Very aggressive game from them.

I was rooting for them first half but now firmly in Danish camp.

Back
Top Bottom