The Protagonist: EX-1 - Release Date: July 19

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG The Protagonist: EX-1 will be released on July 19:

The Protagonist: EX-1 - Official Trailer

Check out the trailer for the upcoming turn-based, tactical sci-fi RPG, The Protagonist EX-1.

Set in a brewing war between the planet Terra and an invading synthetic alien threat, in The Protagonist EX-1 you play as Angel, a highly trained special agent who is sent into an alien ship with a squad to neutralize an imminent global threat. However, the mission goes drastically awry and Angel awakens alone in the station's infirmary, without her squad or any memory of what happened. Having to trust an unfamiliar voice to guide her through the alien ship, Angel must fight formidable enemies, navigate the unknown and find the rest of her team; for the survival of humanity back on Terra.

The Protagonist: EX-1 comes out of Early Access and releases on July 19, 2021, for PC.
More information.

It does say 1 user review at the top of the page, but if you scroll down there's actually 12 (8 if you filter to only English ones, but that's still way more than 1), which is a little more reasonable for a niche early access game. Not sure what's going on with Steam's counting there.

EDIT: On second glance, Steam says that only 1 review was for a user who bought on Steam. The other reviews must have got their keys as gifts from the game maker or a third party key store or something.

upcoming turn-based .... and you got me!
Thnx for this newsbit !

I played a demo in EA and is seemed rather mundane. All of the MA moves were pretty cool, but setting up combos took too much AP compared with just firing guns. Hopefully, they've used EA to improve the game.

As an aside, I find it funny that the female protagonist in the game looks nothing like the female in all of the advertising for the game. The in game female is a short haired brunette, while the advertising shows a long haired redhead :)

Back
Top Bottom