What games are you playing now? - Page 707 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

August 17th, 2021, 22:56
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I doubt I could milk 220 mods out of the list that I'd care to install. I went through them and did an Xcom 2 installation a couple of months ago and think I got up to around 90.
I don't care much for cosmetic mods personally, but it's easier to take them all than just a few. The main interesting one for me is the new way missions work. I think it's the Covert Infiltration mod, although I am not certain if it needs others to function the way it is now.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

August 18th, 2021, 00:25
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
I don't care much for cosmetic mods personally, but it's easier to take them all than just a few. The main interesting one for me is the new way missions work. I think it's the Covert Infiltration mod, although I am not certain if it needs others to function the way it is now.
Now that you brought the subject 'XCOM2" up once again, I want to revisit my RPGWatch XCOM2 Team if only to permanently change the color of my Sharpshooter @Eye's outfit to Orange

But then I uninstalled the game and the mods
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

August 18th, 2021, 01:41
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Now that you brought the subject 'XCOM2" up once again, I want to revisit my RPGWatch XCOM2 Team if only to permanently change the color of my Sharpshooter @Eye's outfit to Orange

But then I uninstalled the game and the mods
Reinstall and start playing again

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

August 18th, 2021, 03:32
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Reinstall and start playing again
Oh well. Back to cleaning, I guesses…
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

August 18th, 2021, 05:41
Cultic reminded me I had Dusk, which has a similar vibe. I can't remember where I got it, possibly from some random bundle. Anyway, been having a little bit of fun with that.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

August 18th, 2021, 06:43
A couple more demos I tried today…

No Man's Island - A survival game with no release date yet for the full game. It doesn't bring anything new to the genre, and I disliked the camera angle, which, combined with the lack of any kind of map, make it hard for me to keep track of where I was. @crpgnut might dig this, but I didn't care for it.

Peripeteia - An indie immersive sim that's on Kickstarter right now and is already funded. It gives a strong Deus Ex vibe and was obviously heavily influenced by the original DX. The demo is a little rough at this stage, but I see a lot of potential with this one.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

August 18th, 2021, 16:45
@JDR13 Maps are pretty much vital for me as I have no sense of direction. I still may grab the demo though and take a look, thanks!
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

August 18th, 2021, 18:16
Not playing this now, since it only releases tomorrow, but it seems to be getting great reviews. I'm excited for 12 Minutes.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/12-…B-A1BE923C408C

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems the reviews are a lot more polarized. Still interesting though.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status…28005876654081
Last edited by danutz_plusplus; August 18th, 2021 at 18:44.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

August 19th, 2021, 22:52
I played half an hour of the remastered Quake. It's decent, but I just don't have the patience for it right now. It's also very very bright. But it's nice for fans of the old game. Somehow Quake, for me, never measured up to the DOOM games of old. They really have something particular. Maybe it's the switch to 3D.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

August 21st, 2021, 08:38
Spent some time tonight playing Void Bastards. It's a sci-fi FPS/rougelike. I found it surprisingly fun despite not being the type of game I normally play. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes the genre. It's currently free on Epic.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

August 21st, 2021, 11:30
Hm, seems I may have jumped the gun on the "not feeling it" while playing the Quake remaster. It's solid fun. And the level design is good. I keep getting dragged into it.

I played a little bit of Void Bastards. I liked the art style, and the game overall, for the little I played. But then it just got put in the endless queue of good roguelike games, that I'll probably never have time to deep dive.

The only roguelike game I really enjoyed, and put in more time than others is Darkest Dungeon. And that's mostly to do with the art style, the Lovecraftian settings, the atmosphere and fantastic voice of Wayne June. That dude could sell me on anything.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

August 21st, 2021, 17:31
I'm still playing Final Fantasy two, and man, is this a rather different way of playing in the FF world. The whole no-levels thing was alarming at first, yet I do enjoy skill based games, so I just fell back into those old routines. I did run smack into a road block at one point, where I had to focus on my three characters and get them into better shape, and for being a very different FF game, I must admit to enjoying it a great deal.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

August 21st, 2021, 20:16
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Hm, seems I may have jumped the gun on the "not feeling it" while playing the Quake remaster. It's solid fun. And the level design is good. I keep getting dragged into it.
The level design was always good in Quake. I'm not overly impressed by the remaster. The DarkPlaces mod is a similar engine upgrade that has been around since -2010 and looks better imo.

I'm still glad they did it though simply for the fact that it introduces Quake to a new generation of gamers especially on consoles.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

August 21st, 2021, 20:54
DM4 was such a badass place to deathmatch, American McGee did some pretty good level design at id.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

August 21st, 2021, 23:25
I'm trying Elder Scrolls Online, after several years of considering it.

I absolutely hate seeing a bunch of other players running around, bouncing off walls and each other and it's ugly by today's graphics standards, but other than that it has some appeal.

The voice acting is good (better than any of their single player Elder Scrolls games, in fact) and the writing decent. Lots of character progression options, unlocked in skill "lines", not unlike the perk paths of Skyrim. Combat is MMOs is imo always terrible, but combat in Elder Scrolls games has never been very good to begin with, so by those standards it's fine. And at this point my $39 bought me a huge amount of content since it got me all chapters to date.

I also started up AC: Valhalla again. I stopped playing back in December 2020 when Cyberpunk 2077 came out. I put 62 hours into it that first month, and wasn't tired of it, though I wasn't loving the Vinland chapter I was currently engaged in. So far all I've done is finish Vinland and head back to England, finding out that things have gone pear-shaped based on an earlier decision I made. I still have a ton of game left, and that's without buying either of the add-ons.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 19:22
I started the next campaign in Quake 1, after the first one, which I assume is the first one that came out. And surprisingly this one makes a lot more sense. As in you start out on a base or something, and only at the end do you go to Quake via some portal. So I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a prequel to the main campaign. But it just seems more straightforward with regards to the order of events.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

August 26th, 2021, 19:40
I started the next campaign in Quake 1, after the first one, which I assume is the first one that came out. And surprisingly this one makes a lot more sense. As in you start out on a base or something, and only at the end do you go to Quake via some portal. So I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a prequel to the main campaign. But it just seems more straightforward with regards to the order of events.
There's only 1 campaign in Quake. Are you talking about one of the mission packs? It sounds like Scourge of Armagon.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

August 26th, 2021, 19:51
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
There's only 1 campaign in Quake. Are you talking about one of the mission packs? It sounds like Scourge of Armagon.
Yeah, that's the one. Were these also made by id? And I believe the last one in the list was made for this remaster of Quake, by the people at MachineGames?

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

August 26th, 2021, 20:12
Yeah, that's the one. Were these also made by id? And I believe the last one in the list was made for this remaster of Quake, by the people at MachineGames?
Afaik, none of the mission packs were developed by id.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

August 26th, 2021, 20:31
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Afaik, none of the mission packs were developed by id.
I've reached the catacombs in that first mission pack. And there's a clear difference to the level design, if these were indeed not by id. They're a lot more straighforward and less labyrinthian. They make a lot more sense, but they're also more boring this way.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?