Diablo 2 Resurrected - Looks like old Diablo 2 @ RPS - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 2 Resurrected - Looks like old Diablo 2 @ RPS

Default Diablo 2 Resurrected - Looks like old Diablo 2 @ RPS

August 26th, 2021, 19:29
Henriquejr spotted a Diablo 2 Resurrected preview on Rock Paper Shotgun:

The best new thing in Diablo II: Resurrected is making it look like old Diablo II

Time travel 20 years in an instant

The weekend just gone was the open beta for Diablo II: Resurrected, which is what you call a game when you're remastering it and want to get cute with me. But in fairness to it, Diablurrected does look very lovely and fresh. It's like when you get a spang new pair of jeans and look at yourself in the mirror. Somehow the new togs really enhance what was already there.

In this case, though, what's already there is pretty brilliant. It's Diablo II, for crying out loud. By my estimate, it's one of the best games ever made, and it's hard to serve me a bad version of it. Admittedly, I was only running about in single player, so can't comment on the lack of decent multiplayer features (and I did actually run into a couple of annoying lag problems even by myself), but by and large, Resurrected is the Diablo II experience we were all expecting. Sort of like pizza, or an ice cream sundae. You put that in front of me, I'm going to derive a base level of satisfaction.

[…]
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 19:44
This game is shaping up to be a good one! I'm seriously thinking about preordering it.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 19:59
I tried the open beta and liked it aswell. 39.99 euro is too much though, imo. I'd be okey with 20 euro.

Thiraury

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 20:19
How do you apply to be part of the open Beta?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 20:21
Rumor mill is the first game will get the same treatment, but I'm beyond caring at this point. As Blizzard doesn't make games I enjoy anymore for many years.

Also there will be no Lan and possibly no offline play.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 20:43
It's pretty solid overall. The open beta though is over, it was only a weekend. It's coming out in sept 26.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 21:45
No offline play at all is the absolute kiss of death for me. If that occurs, I'll be solidly out for certain.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 21:57
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
How do you apply to be part of the open Beta?

I'm not sure if there is a second open beta planned at all. The latest open beta happened last weekend (8/20 - 8/23). There was no application process. You could just fire up Battle.net and download/play the beta.

I'm not exactly a huge fan of clickfests but for reasons of nostalgia and curiosity I played through Act I with a druid character (up to level 15-ish or something) on Saturday and Sunday.

It was solid fun and just like the C&C Remaster they have implemented a hotkey that allows you to switch between legacy Diablo 2 and the Remaster via a button press.

So, if you really want to know what old Diablo 2 looks like, as this RPS article suggests, then you can do so at any time by simply hitting a button.
The game worked mostly flawless for me. Just like the original game way back in the day, there was sometimes very minor ghosting or rubberbanding, probably caused by minor lag spikes (sync issues) but it was never anything major.

Not all classes were available for the open beta. I believe I played through the game with a Barbarian back in the day. The druid was pretty cool. I've always been a fan of summoning and of walking around with a little army of helpers so I enjoyed unleashing my pack of wolves and my ravens on the bad guys .

I'll probably grab the game at some point but not at full price. EUR 20 would feel about right to me.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 22:30
@Moriendor Thanks for the impressions. Had I known it was that easy to get the Beta I would have done it. I'm hoping they do another one before release.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 22:42
I preordered after the beta. The progression is still really solid in D2. Some things I did not like but mostly terrific. ARPGs are my favorite genre, though.

johnnysd

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

August 26th, 2021, 23:53
u realize disinterested ppl dont reply to this.. so its a bias fest ).
anyway. not gonna play it even 9not sure if pirated mentions are still frowned Up*
ur better off playing diablo 1 + hell imo, its still updating

borcanu

muist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 2 Resurrected - Looks like old Diablo 2 @ RPS