Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

September 6th, 2021, 04:32
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Thanks for all the help Wolf. I just beat it. I didn't end up lowering the difficulty (mine is set to slightly easier than core). It seemed like they were endless so I decided they probably are, and focused on killing the arsonists faster. It still took a long time…40 turns… but only one of my characters was down this time. I didn't want to give up, nor did I like the idea of making it a cakewalk, so I decided to try once more. Whew.
Oh nice, well if anything I typed helped in anyway then happy it did :-)

They could be endless - I am not sure as I always shifted my focus when the stage advanced to the next point … although I think the previous area slows down a bit (the waves) once the focus moves to a new area. Could just be it is more a survival like battle where you simply have to hold out long enough to get through each of the main stages.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

September 6th, 2021, 09:20
For the Defender's Heart battle, don't hesitate to rely on the other soldiers, let the enemy come to them to get some relief. Try different positions for your party and avoid to be on the most frequented paths of the enemies.

Get Daeran if you can, unless you have a good cleric. He's very helpful to keep the party alive by channeling positive energy.

Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
A few things you should do before Defender's Heart battle:
Spoiler

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

September 6th, 2021, 09:31
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
I've been told I need to complete certain quests in chapter 1 before a major Demon attack. What's the trigger for that attack so I know when to expect it. I tend to be a SLOW completionist, plus I use TB!!
To add to what Purple said, the trigger to the end of chapter 1 is very clear, and you are asked confirmation before going there:
Spoiler

All quests with a red hourglass must be completed before the end of the current chapter, otherwise they'll fail (their phrasing on the UI is a bit confusing).

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 6th, 2021, 09:42
I can't seem able to edit my posts anymore, server gives me a 403. So in addition to the DH above:

Battles at the Defender's Heart and the final of chapter 1 were easier for me in RTwP, because I could overwhelm the enemy. I could finish one wave before the next arrived to join.

And for the final battle:
Spoiler

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 6th, 2021, 10:53
I tried it again. 42 turns this time and no sign that there's an end to the enemies. Am I missing something here? Please tell me that I am and that it's not just a matter of beating X number of enemies (with X apparently equalling 666 because FUCK). If there's no trick to this I'm going to quit. It's not fun. It goes on fucking forever. The only thing I can imagine doing at this point is setting everything to super easy.

Btw. I supposedly got the assistance of the Thieflings when I helped one out from under some rubble and mentioned Irabeth's name but that seemed to make zero difference in the fight. I got no help from anyone. The invisible dwarf guy showed up but all he did was take out a few plot demons, no actual combatants.
I remember the battle taking long, but it certainly isn't infinite.

Also, the thieflings you helped is not for this battle.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

September 6th, 2021, 13:22
@Redglyph - I have been getting that error a lot. I found going into advanced mode helped once or twice but not always.

I covered most of what was said in my earlier posts but that bit about completing all quests first … is a little off. There is one with a priest and visiting them later … you can't complete that until afterwards when the full map opens up so don't worry about that one. I only mention it as it has a red hour glass, maybe a bug, as other quests you get that have to be finished later were correctly tagged.

Also the garrison (end) battle is clear but the battle to defend home base (tavern) isn't. That seems to be more random and the game tells you that at any time you could be called in to protect the place.

I have done the first chapter many times and sometimes it was after I had done a ton of things and other times was much sooner. You get to pick when to do the final battle for the chapter but not the time to protect home base. Those are two different battles. Only the final one for the chapter closes out the chapter.

People seemed to be mixing up the two.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

September 6th, 2021, 13:35
Some "reviewing" went in this thread instead of elsewhere.
Guys please tips and hints only.
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Spoiler

When I'm after the story line resting place (journal entry), will additional resting hurt the story line ?
Apart from that, the game reacts rather sluggish … Is this because my PC is so slow, or because the game isn't optimized yet ?
- For the spoiler, explore everything before returning to it. There is a colors puzzle to provide something very useful not just there but in the long run too, the problem is you need to brute force it (hint: one color is a dud, another wants double).
- You hurt nothing by resting except the party efficiency. Don't worry, you will be able to "reset" it in the chapter finale.
- The game was made in Unity. As such expect low optimization levels, you need a beast of a PC to not see any problem. I don't think lowering graphics will help much, loading times from SSD are oddly slow for a game that looks like this and the game does microfreeze sometimes on dialogue choices, how's that even possible don't ask me.
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
when I first did it as I was yelling at my computer and hitting my desk That always calms down my temper lol.

I play to have fun and if combat is stressing me I lower the difficulty
Anyhow sorry it was frustrating. My only advice is to lower the difficulty and play on RtwP mode as it will be very fast and over with.
I can understand yelling, but furniture destruction Try not to.
That is the best hint in this thread. The game is not fun but annoying? et it to be fun, that's why all those options exist.
A few things you should do before Defender's Heart battle:

Spoiler
Those hints are for alpha and beta probably.
In the release game you can do the base defense automatic sidequest after you do everything else - all you need is not to return to your chambers (room) before you clear the whole map.
I did not clear the market place before clearing all areas in the outer ring and nothing got problematic. But then again, we all play sides before proceeding mains, right?
I don't know if they help out much in this fight

Get as much gold as you can. I usually make about 12K in gold by battle time which I use for potions and scrolls and a decent weapon and armor.
The fight is base defense? Or another?
Here is my hint and not only for this battle but for others too.
The game has a loading tip to care about spellbooks before resting.
Here's a hint related to that: animals, elementals and other creatures on your side are your friends - especially against an enemy that lowers opponents' level. Use them.

About gold make sure you have 7.5K of it at your disposal. You will need that amount of gold in the next chapter and yes you actually can gather enough of it, but try not to buy every shiny trinket that will become obsolete in the next chapter.
Haste spell is your friend.

ANIMAL COMPANION TIPS:
I absolutely agree on the first tip, make sure your mages copy it in the book!

On the second point, and although the game will write it eventually, make sure your animal companion has INT 3. Don't worry if you started with INT2, you will have a chance at certain level to "fix" it.
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Chapter 2

There's an altar down there at Lost Chapel, with something in it. What do I do?
Spoiler
That is most probably beta info and does not work like that in the release version.
You do put all three items on (in) the altar, but their order is irrelevant. When you put them, three buttons appear (hands) and you need to play a song, hint: MRLM.
After the cutscene check the altar again, a fourt nifty item will appear in (on) it.

I have another hint.
You will, assuming you turn every stone, find a traitor BEFORE the chapter 2 final fight.
If you want a certain party memeber early, DO NOT tell the traitor you know because you will not get an infiltration option then necessary to get the certain party member earliest possible.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)

September 6th, 2021, 14:23
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
- For the spoiler, explore everything before returning to it. There is a colors puzzle to provide something very useful not just there but in the long run too, the problem is you need to brute force it (hint: one color is a dud, another wants double).
For the colour puzzle in the maze (prologue):
Spoiler

That is most probably beta info and does not work like that in the release version.
Good to know, thanks! Yes, it's been like until very recently. I'll edit my tip.

Performances. @Alrik Fassbauer

Yeah, Unity… I had 50% GPU in the main menu, doing nothing at all.
- It helps to play with the graphics options, but first,
- make sure that you cap the framerate to 60, or whatever you like: (in spoiler to keep it tight)
Spoiler

Loading times are a bit slow, there's nothing for it. Opening the Load/Save also takes more and more time as the number of saves increases:
- don't hesitate to delete them (from the game or directly with the Explorer)
- set the number of max quicksaves and max autosaves to a lower value
Last edited by Redglyph; September 6th, 2021 at 14:43.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 6th, 2021, 14:40
Those hints are for alpha and beta probably.
In the release game you can do the base defense automatic sidequest after you do everything else - all you need is not to return to your chambers (room) before you clear the whole map.
I did not clear the market place before clearing all areas in the outer ring and nothing got problematic. But then again, we all play sides before proceeding mains, right?
Hm, that's weird. In the release version, it was the same as before for me. There's an encounter while I'm moving on the world map, and it's a soldier forcing me to come back to help with the battle of the Defender's Heart. There was simply not avoiding it.

I did return to the DH between quests, but the trigger seems related to time. Or the number of rests plus something else.

So the order of what you do before is important or you may not have enough support.

This DH defense is not a sidequest, it's a key event in the main quest, and it will affect some of the main quest lines depending on when you do them, before or after this event.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 6th, 2021, 16:57
Tips from WolfheartFPS

It seems obvious once we know them, but they're very good tips!

#10 is dedicated to @JFarrell71, who didn't give up in face of an ugly combat Yep, I had to redo it a few times and I still hate this one…
Last edited by Redglyph; September 6th, 2021 at 17:11.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 6th, 2021, 18:39
Okay I'm now at the end of the chapter where you pick a mythical path (Banner on the Citadel, Drezen).
The problem? I have 5 options to choose from Angel, Azata, Demon, Lich, Trickster.
Not a single one is something I want.
I want a paladin destroyer and none seem like that except the dragon companion choice, but I already have a jaguar companion, will dragon eat it and can I fly the dragon?

[EDITed 3x]
No the dragon does not eat the jaguar, instead of one you get two companions. Nice.
Which leaves me either Azata (dragon companion) or Lich (undead knight)…

Went with dragon and not undead knight option.
I want a tank and if I use area healing it is possible, dunno, that pallies/clerics hurt my undead knight - the game says nothing about that and I have no time to test it.

Also the pet dragon…
Spoiler

I did my choice, but please do add some hints on the mythical "class" options.
[/EDIT]

Any hint? Which one kills paladins in one move because the (role)player is sick of paladins in every single game?
Oh, and this path must be only a paladin hater, loving everyone else, regardless of alignements.

A hint for chapter 2 finale - do not touch the first banner you see!
Save it for later. And you'll thank me later…
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; September 6th, 2021 at 20:21.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 6th, 2021, 22:36
A video on Drezen that exposes a few interesting strategies.

Beware! It contains spoilers, so don't watch it unless you've already done Drezen, and maybe even a few times. Or if you've been disappointed by your choice and want to know more, or else.

loading…

IMO too that was a great moment of the game

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 6th, 2021, 22:50
Lots of great moments in this game. So many parts that gave me chills and had me glued to the screen totally soaking up the story and events. I will watch that later even though I have done Drezen three times. I like always finding something new on my own
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 6th, 2021, 23:53
Okay I'm now at the end of the chapter where you pick a mythical path (Banner on the Citadel, Drezen).
The problem? I have 5 options to choose from Angel, Azata, Demon, Lich, Trickster.
Not a single one is something I want.
I want a paladin destroyer and none seem like that except the dragon companion choice, but I already have a jaguar companion, will dragon eat it and can I fly the dragon?

[EDITed 3x]
No the dragon does not eat the jaguar, instead of one you get two companions. Nice.
Which leaves me either Azata (dragon companion) or Lich (undead knight)€

Went with dragon and not undead knight option.
I want a tank and if I use area healing it is possible, dunno, that pallies/clerics hurt my undead knight - the game says nothing about that and I have no time to test it.

Also the pet dragon€
Spoiler

I did my choice, but please do add some hints on the mythical "class" options.
[/EDIT]

Any hint? Which one kills paladins in one move because the (role)player is sick of paladins in every single game?
Oh, and this path must be only a paladin hater, loving everyone else, regardless of alignements.

A hint for chapter 2 finale - do not touch the first banner you see!
Save it for later. And you'll thank me later€
Gold dragon is one of the late mythic path - I talked about this in my WotR preview. For now, you can only choose 1 of 6 initial mythic (angel, azata, trickster, aeon, lich and demon) providing you met pre-requisites to unlock those path - angel & demon are unlocked by default tho.

I see you went with Azata - my fav path

Btw, this is very far from "paladin killing" path. Azata is like friendship is magical path.

Closest to paladin killig path for initial 6 are demon and lich. Later on, you can switch to swarm or a secret 10th path if you want to stay evil paladin killing character.

Spoiler

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

September 7th, 2021, 00:41
I disagree - I thought it was a fun combat, at least in RTwP.
I don't know why, but I didn't (couldn't?) see your post earlier when I wrote my two follow-up posts. I wish I had because you may have saved me some aggravation with your "focus on the arsonists" advice. I may have made it more painful for myself by doing it in turn based mode.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

September 7th, 2021, 00:45
I don't know why, but I didn't (couldn't?) see your post earlier when I wrote my two follow-up posts. I wish I had because you may have saved me some aggravation with your "focus on the arsonists" advice. I may have made it more painful for myself by doing it in turn based mode.
New members need their first few posts approved by a moderator.

Anyways welcome back @purpleblob1

As for me I'm thinking of going for the Aeon mystic path as it fits my war-priest.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

September 7th, 2021, 00:49
… if you want to stay evil paladin killing character.
Thanks!
But I don't take smashing annoying bugs as something evil.
Quite the opposite. If developers won't stop the paladins everywhere travesty, I will do it in my game. If possible. I mean, an additional crusade won't hurt, right?
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

September 7th, 2021, 01:07
As Couch said, I posted it earlier but needed moderator approval for others to see it.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
New members need their first few posts approved by a moderator.

Anyways welcome back @purpleblob1

As for me I'm thinking of going for the Aeon mystic path as it fits my war-priest.
I'm also playing warpriest in this run but going angel mythic.

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

September 7th, 2021, 01:20
Also Warpriest (feral) but going Azatic.

I made a Dhampir Sacred Huntsman with an undead touched wolf for something different, they will go Legendary.

Wulver will be my Sylvan (Fey) Sorcerer and go Trickster.

Anyhow thats the plan for now. Focused on my canon character first though, Lobo - Feral Champion of Fenrir (Gozreh).
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 7th, 2021, 01:25
Welcome back @purpleblob1

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help