ELEX 2 - 10 Years of THQ Nordic - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX 2 - 10 Years of THQ Nordic

Default ELEX 2 - 10 Years of THQ Nordic

September 3rd, 2021, 19:05
THQ Nordic are celebrating their 10th anniversary on September 17 - new info about ELEX 2 will be revealed:

10 Years of THQ Nordic

To celebrate our 10th anniversary, we are throwing a digital party! Join us for the first, official THQ Nordic digital showcase event on September 17th at 9 pm CEST / 12 PM PST / 8 PM BST / 10 PM MSK on YouTube, Twitch, and Steam.

loading…

The showcase will be hosted by Geoff Keighley, executive producer and host of The Game Awards, and will feature six new games. Witness the return of legendary franchises and sequels to beloved games. We hope you are ready, kids!

Additionally, we will also release new information and footage for our upcoming games, ELEX II and Expeditions: Rome. If you tune in early, you might also get a glimpse of what our friends at HandyGames have been up to!

All content creators are invited to co-stream the showcase on their own channels. THQ Nordic is cooperating with Twitch and YouTube to make sure that all licensed music can be part of the stream. If you'd like to participate or have any questions, please reach out to: contentcreators@thqnordic.com
Thanks Pladio!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

September 14th, 2021, 02:49
In addition to more ELEX 2 info, another two upcoming announcements have been confirmed via GeForce Now listings.

THQ Nordic will apparently announce a new Outcast and Titan Quest 2 at their September 17th event.

So, looking at the original announcement of the show…

The showcase will be hosted by Geoff Keighley, executive producer and host of The Game Awards, and will feature six new game announcements that will take you on a journey through time and space. Witness the return of legendary franchises, including some for which fans have been waiting decades to get their hands on a new installment, and you can also expect to see sequels to beloved games. We hope you are ready, kids!

… we're at two down, four to go .

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

September 14th, 2021, 05:26
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
In addition to more ELEX 2 info, another two upcoming announcements have been confirmed via GeForce Now listings.

THQ Nordic will apparently announce a new Outcast and Titan Quest 2 at their September 17th event.

So, looking at the original announcement of the show.

…we're at two down, four to go .
Yeah read this in another forum thread now nobody get in a hissy fit about how dare this guy post this, but are they really confirmed as data-mining is not confirmation.

So sorry it's still rumor at this point until its officially announced.

Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaks…_war_2018_for/
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

September 14th, 2021, 06:37
From the source it looks to me like there was a specific link to the September 17th event with regard to Outcast and Titan Quest 2. Both also make perfect sense from THQ Nordic's point of view so I'd say these two are 99.997% confirmed (I used EXTREME science and math to arrive at this conclusion by the way ).

It also looks like there are hints in this leak at a Destroy All Humans sequel and it appears like Red Faction Evolution has resurfaced as well (it was first leaked at E3 2019). These make perfect sense as well considering the successful DAH remaster and RFE is all but confirmed since 2019.

My expectations for Friday are:

- ELEX 2 (release date announcement and gameplay videos etc.)
- Expeditions Rome info
- Gothic Remake (development update, maybe a short teaser clip but not a whole lot more)
- The Guild 3 development update
- Outcast related announcement
- Titan Quest 2 announcement
- Destroy All Humans announcement
- Red Faction Evolution announcement

… and more obviously.

ELEX 2 is not included in the six announced reveals since it was already revealed in June. The other four candidates (Outcast/DAH/TQ2/RFE) seem very likely.

Which leaves two more… maybe another Darksiders aaaaannnnd… hmmm… hard to guess… could be anything like a new Shadowrun, Black Mirror sequel, Book of Unwritten Tales, SpellForce, Kingdoms of Amalur, anything…

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 14th, 2021, 06:44
@Moriendor We'll see I as stated above I will wait for offical confirmation.

Anyway THQ Nordic is well know to milk dead franchises for easy money.

Not all of them them are good games either.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 14th, 2021, 07:03
Yeah, we'll see on Friyyyay but it's always fun to speculate before these types of reveal events .

Only ELEX 2 and Expeditions Rome news and footage is 100% officially confirmed so far.

The rest is speculation indeed but given THQ Nordic's MO (release remasters to test the waters, then follow up with a sequel), I'd say the chances are extremely high that Red Faction Evolution is one of the six reveals. Titan Quest 2 as well as a new Destroy All Humans also seem at least VERY probable. A new Outcast and maybe a new Darksiders is way more speculative. The sixth reveal is anyone's guess.

BTW, I'm still hoping for a REAL surprise in the form of a new DSA (The Dark Eye) CRPG. Now THAT would be awesome .

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 14th, 2021, 07:13
Has there been any news on the Gothic Remake since that demo?

Expeditions Rome yeah we all know about that game already.

Titan Quest 2 makes sense since the expansions sold well from THQ Nordic.

The Guild 3 was already announced and has been in Early Access for years already.

Red Faction Evolution I remember reading about it but after E3 2019 there was no news.

There was a Spell-force Remake announcement a few weeks back as well.

Do they own Shadowrun? I remember Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown.

Kingdoms of Amalur is getting new DLC.

They better give an ELEX 2 release date as well.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 14th, 2021, 07:54
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Has there been any news on the Gothic Remake since that demo?
Not much except that it has gone into full development and that they are considering to make it more of a remake than a reimagining.
As I posted above, I'm not expecting much but maybe a quick development update and some screenshots or something. A trailer or gameplay footage would be a nice surprise.

Expeditions Rome yeah we all know about that game already.
Yep. And it's confirmed that we'll get more news and footage just like for ELEX 2.

The Guild 3 was already announced and has been in Early Access for years already.
Right. That's why it is more than high time for a development update and a release date.

There was a Spell-force Remake announcement a few weeks back as well.
Are you sure? I only know of a SpellForce 3 Reforced (remaster) for consoles and a SpellForce 3 remaking for PC which has been delayed several times and that has been in development for ages. Where have you heard about a SpellForce remake announcement?

Do they own Shadowrun? I remember Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown.
They don't own Shadowrun, no, but they could be publishing a next one. I don't think it's a very likely candidate for the event but who knows.

They better give an ELEX 2 release date as well.
Guaranteed to happen imo. Gameplay footage and a release date, or at the very least a release quarter, is incoming for sure.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

September 14th, 2021, 18:22
Apart from Spongebob and only a mere few other seconds, I only saw violence in that trailer.

That Spongebob game loks really out of place there.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

September 14th, 2021, 18:37
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Not much except that it has gone into full development and that they are considering to make it more of a remake than a reimagining.
Interesting. I wonder if that's due to fans complaining about the demo being too different from the original game. Personally, I liked the idea of a reimagining. I want more than just a graphical upgrade.

I'm also very interested in seeing what this Outcast related announcement is going to be. I wasn't aware THQ owned the rights to that IP.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

September 14th, 2021, 19:45
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Interesting. I wonder if that's due to fans complaining about the demo being too different from the original game. Personally, I liked the idea of a reimagining. I want more than just a graphical upgrade.

Yes, they mentioned fan feedback as the reason for wanting to stick more to the original material. I personally did not mind the changes in the teaser too much either. It was an interesting new take on the original Gothic.

The original Gothic is not going anywhere and there is still a very promising graphical upgrade of the original game in the works in the form of Gothic Reloaded (snail's pace "progress" on that front, unfortunately). People who want to play original Gothic can still do that and until Reloaded is finished the DX11 renderer will also do a nice job of making the game look a lot better.

FWIW, nVidia has reacted in the meantime and they have basically said that this list means absolutely nothing with regard to any leaks. Move on, nothing to see here is their message. I guess we'll see about that on Friday as far as THQ Nordic is concerned .

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

+1:

September 17th, 2021, 16:45
@Moriendor

THQ Nordic teases six new game reveals

Link - https://www.vg247.com/thq-nordic-six…veals-showcase

Guess we'll see in a few hours at the live event.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 17th, 2021, 16:46
THQ Nordic - 10 Iconic Titles (Jess McDonell)

loading…
To celebrate our 10th Anniversary, Jess takes a look at 10 iconic THQ Nordic titles of the past. What's your favorite THQ Nordic game? Let us know in the comments below!
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 17th, 2021, 19:21
Nothing new there. I've been looking forward to the stream for weeks now. It sucks that I can't watch it live.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

September 17th, 2021, 19:38
I'm interested in knowing what they'll reoirt on but not interested in a stream.

Can I assume @Couchpotato will summarise this for us?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

September 17th, 2021, 19:38
The stream hasn't started yet about an hour till it starts.

The video above was just a look at some of their best games.

I'll post the trailers as they air them.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

+1:

September 17th, 2021, 19:44
Thanks

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

September 17th, 2021, 21:07
First new game was the Destroy all Humans 2 remake.

loading…

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 17th, 2021, 21:12
Second new game was Outcast 2.

loading…

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 17th, 2021, 21:17
Third game show off was Expeditions: Rome.

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX 2 - 10 Years of THQ Nordic