Latest place you've visited ? - Page 7 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Latest place you've visited ?

Default Latest place you've visited ?

September 7th, 2021, 03:20
In my own defense, that was the second restaurant that I've been to, so far, this year. Once every six months is about my average these days.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

September 7th, 2021, 05:12
My wife and I recently got back from a trip to Austin, TX. We were there for just under a week for a philosophy conference. Austin is a bit of a COVID hot-spot, so the conference had vaccination/testing requirements, although masks were not required. There was an excellent steakhouse a couple of blocks away from the hotel; we ate there three times. I think there's a law about visiting Texas and not eating steak.

khaight

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

September 7th, 2021, 05:22
You should try a restaurant called the Roadhouse or Texas Roadhouse. Best damn Texas themed food you could ever eat. Just go for the lunch specials they are cheaper.

Eat there a few hours ago in New London, CT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg texas-roadhouse.jpg (40.6 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg Pulled pork.jpg (130.6 KB, 69 views)
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)

September 7th, 2021, 21:32
Austin is a pretty cool place, or at least it was in the nineties. I went there more than once to escape a certain hell-hole named Houston. =p

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 7th, 2021, 21:38
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
You should try a restaurant called the Roadhouse or Texas Roadhouse. Best damn Texas themed food you could ever eat. Just go for the lunch specials they are cheaper.

Eat there a few hours ago in New London, CT.
Is that the one where they dance on the tables, and chuck the peanut shells on the floor? I went to one of those, and it was good. They had something called an Awesome Blossom, which is a large onion fried in spicy batter, and cut in such a way that it opens up into a giant flower.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)

September 7th, 2021, 22:03
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Is that the one where they dance on the tables, and chuck the peanut shells on the floor? I went to one of those, and it was good. They had something called an Awesome Blossom, which is a large onion fried in spicy batter, and cut in such a way that it opens up into a giant flower.
That's the restaurant alright. The Awesome Blossom is delicious. It's a little different from the Applebee's and other competitors version. Business seems to be booming.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 7th, 2021, 22:13
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
That's the restaurant alright. The Awesome Blossom is delicious. It's a little different from the Applebee's and other competitors version. Business seems to be booming.
Is Applebee's as good though? I was told Applebee's was one to avoid, but the Texas steakhouse was a really good ribeye.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

September 7th, 2021, 22:19
If you want to spend less and use coupon specials go to Applebee's. It's not the greatest place to eat but it's cheaper. I'd still rather eat at the Texas Roadhouse.

The ribeye is very good. Probably because each steak is cut in the restaurant.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 7th, 2021, 22:24
Yeah, it was a good place for us to have some fun, and a bit of banter with the waiters and waitresses. Definitely good for a flame-grilled steak and fries, and various mad cocktails.
--
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

September 7th, 2021, 23:52
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I believe the Awesome Blossom was originally from Chili's. The one at Texas Roadhouse is called a Texas Rose or something like that.

They're both knockoffs. The original is the Bloomin Onion from Outback Steakhouse.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

September 8th, 2021, 00:33
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I believe the Awesome Blossom was originally from Chili's. The one at Texas Roadhouse is called a Texas Rose or something like that.

They're both knockoffs. The original is the Bloomin Onion from Outback Steakhouse.
I reckon it probably was a Texas Roadhouse. The people we were with didn't permit us menus - it was a, "We're going to order you what you need," type of deal.

They definitely told us it was an Awesome Blossom, but they might have known it from somewhere else. But with the peanuts and the table-dancing, I reckon that was the place.
--
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

September 8th, 2021, 00:39
It's actually called the Cactus Blossom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cactus Blossom.jpg (61.1 KB, 43 views)
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 8th, 2021, 00:47
Nice and crispy.
--
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

September 8th, 2021, 03:15
I've had that Cactus Blossom, it was spectacular! I'd eat one daily if that restaurant were local.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 19th, 2021, 08:48
Marine City, Michigan. Some photos I took at the cottage we rented on the St. Clair River this past week.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 19th, 2021, 10:29
Marine City, Michigan. Some photos I took at the cottage we rented on the St. Clair River this past week.

Very nice. What did you do there?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
+1:

September 19th, 2021, 19:20
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Very nice. What did you do there?
Mostly just spent time with some relatives I hadn't seen in awhile. Also met up with some old friends. I used to live in Michigan, but I moved back to Florida in 2012. It had been 5 years since my last visit.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

September 19th, 2021, 20:02
The archaeological (spelling ?) park in Xanten, the remains of Colonia Ulpia Traiana : https://apx.lvr.de/en/willkommen/willkommen_1.html
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; September 19th, 2021 at 20:12.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

September 19th, 2021, 23:15
Mostly just spent time with some relatives I hadn't seen in awhile. Also met up with some old friends. I used to live in Michigan, but I moved back to Florida in 2012. It had been 5 years since my last visit.
Oh wow that's a long time. Hope you had a good time and nice reunion foods

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

+1:

September 19th, 2021, 23:16
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
The archaeological (spelling ?) park in Xanten, the remains of Colonia Ulpia Traiana : https://apx.lvr.de/en/willkommen/willkommen_1.html
Do you like seeing old remains?
Was there a lot to see or is most of it broken?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Latest place you've visited ?