Guild Wars 2 - DirectX11 Support - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Guild Wars 2 - DirectX11 Support

Default Guild Wars 2 - DirectX11 Support

September 18th, 2021, 23:01
Henriquejr spotted that Guild Wars 2 will get DirectX 11 support soon.

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

September 19th, 2021, 18:01
Can't believe these games are still up and running. It's been many years already. I remember playing the original games and that was the only MMO I played back then.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)

September 19th, 2021, 18:47
I was playing through GW1 again just a couple months back. Great game, great character build variety. Plus the hand-drawn vistas still make you stop in your tracks all these years later.

GW2, on the other hand, well… I played through it on a couple characters when it originally launched, but in the end it ended up boring me. The diminished character building was a big factor. Nevertheless, I have a friend who still plays religiously; when asked if he'd rather play GW1, his typical response is, "I can jump in GW2." …Yeah, different priorities I guess.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

September 19th, 2021, 21:53
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
I was playing through GW1 again just a couple months back. Great game, great character build variety. Plus the hand-drawn vistas still make you stop in your tracks all these years later.

GW2, on the other hand, well… I played through it on a couple characters when it originally launched, but in the end it ended up boring me. The diminished character building was a big factor. Nevertheless, I have a friend who still plays religiously; when asked if he'd rather play GW1, his typical response is, "I can jump in GW2." …Yeah, different priorities I guess.
Yeah, I spent a heap of time on GW1. It felt so fresh, so different from other MMOs. Also, the fact that you could kit out an array of companions to accompany you was big selling factor (though in some missions AI-controlled companions weren't much use).
And then GW2 came out, and it felt so ordinary. They took out most of what was unique about GW1 and made it a traditional MMO. Meh.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

September 20th, 2021, 10:39
DDO got a 64bit client only this year ? Or was it last year already ?
However, I kind of fail to see why DDO has DirectX11 support, because the graphics are dated anyway… !?

Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
when asked if he'd rather play GW1, his typical response is, "I can jump in GW2." …Yeah, different priorities I guess.
There is jumping and then there is jumping.

In SWTOR, for example, jumping looks totally unreal. It's like a frog hopping. No-one would do that in reality.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; September 20th, 2021 at 10:51.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Guild Wars 2 - DirectX11 Support