Sleep Well River - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Fallout » Fallout 4 » Sleep Well River

Default Sleep Well River

June 29th, 2021, 03:22
For those fond of Dogmeat in FO4 thought I would share this sad news about the original dog, River. Always so hard to loose a good friend, 2 or 4 footed.

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/stat…584504833?s=19

Good read as well on how Dogmeat came to be and the development as a companion versus just a canine weapon.

--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
+1:

June 30th, 2021, 03:28
By far the best part of an extremely sorry game. Rest in peace, River.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

June 30th, 2021, 08:25
An interesting read. I didn't know that iteration of Dogmeat was based on a real-life dog. I wonder how old she was. German Shepherds, like most large breeds, unfortunately tend to have fairly short lifespans.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

June 30th, 2021, 08:33
I loved having Dogmeat around in Fallout 4 (he died too easily in 3), but I also like to have a talking companion, so the mods that allowed you Dogmeat & another (Piper ftw) were a go-to for me.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

June 30th, 2021, 14:26
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I loved having Dogmeat around in Fallout 4 (he died too easily in 3), but I also like to have a talking companion, so the mods that allowed you Dogmeat & another (Piper ftw) were a go-to for me.
Aye that is what I did. It was partly in the game anyhow as there is dialogue for it - they changed it later on in development. So I usually have Dogmeat and Piper, Mac, or Deacon.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 30th, 2021, 14:29
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
An interesting read. I didn't know that iteration of Dogmeat was based on a real-life dog. I wonder how old she was. German Shepherds, like most large breeds, unfortunately tend to have fairly short lifespans.
Aye it was pretty cool. I have/had 4 - Glacier, Wolfgar, Grimwolf, and Mila. Glacier lived to 12.5, Wolfgar to a little after 10 (he got a neurological disease that paralyzed him), and the other two hopefully will be longer! Grim is 9 now and Mila will be 6 in October. Some where between 12 and 15 is considered a long life for them I think.
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

August 16th, 2021, 22:59
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
My German Shepherd has lived for nine years. He was a devoted friend.

Strikker

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Fallout » Fallout 4 » Sleep Well River