Kickstarter Games - BioSynth - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kickstarter Games - BioSynth

Default Kickstarter Games - BioSynth

September 23rd, 2021, 10:48
Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
Looks good and on my watchlist. If you get close to your goal I will support it but liked what I saw quite a bit.
Thank you! I'm glad that you like what you see!

I'm turning my "shameless salesman mode" on and tell you that any support is very helpful right now. After all, if we don't reach our goal, you won't be charged, so it's totally risk-free.

Ok, "shameless salesman mode" off

NeptuneGames

Traveler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 10:58
I was about to write that "waiting to see if someone gets close to their goal" before committing might be the wrong strategy. The pledges are refunded in case of failure, and if everyone is waiting for the others to move first… well, chances are it doesn't happen, or more slowly at best. The outcome is never better, for anyone.

Just a thought, I have no link to the game or the team.

I did wait in a crowdfunding project once, but only because there were stretch goals and I was only interested if one of them was reached. When it looked plausible, I took the plunge. That's quite different.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 12:30
Yeah if you are going to pledge for something you like, do it early, that way you can help in creating the psychological beggar tip effect (ie, because you already see others tipped, you feel more compelled to tip yourself because well, if others tipped, then it must be worth tipping.)

And the earlier this gets going, the more chances the project has to succeed, if that is a project that you would love to support. As said above, you get refunded if the project fails.

I do not support projects anymore, however. It's a philosophy I've adopted for a long time now - I am rewarded in my life for the job I do and deliver, and so I treat others equally, I don't operate on a loan of faith and good intentions. But that's fine, there are plenty of others who do, so as long as it works for them, it works for everyone.

I said it before, but I hope to see this game finished and play it one day, paying its full price when it is fully released.

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 17:42
Yeah, I've all but ceased helping to sponsor video games anymore, yet I'll still chip in for other artistic endeavours. Video games just seem to be a bit too much hit or miss for my liking, though I've not quite written them off completely, I'm a tad more selective with my support these days.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

September 23rd, 2021, 19:00
You know what, I'll have another look at the pitch and see.

EDIT: What the hell. I've pledged for the game.

Hope it works out.
Last edited by Pladio; September 23rd, 2021 at 19:58.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
+1:

September 23rd, 2021, 22:47
Originally Posted by NeptuneGames View Post
I'm glad to hear that you love the game concept!

About your concernā€¦ where we live, life expenses and salaries are much lower. But yes, if we get the bare minimum funded, we'll seek additional funding in other ways.
Hey Neptunegames, if you have a pre-alpha demo even, I have a list of Videologger-streamers, Twitchers, Youtubers that can get the advertising out for this game to millions.
Last edited by Tactician; September 24th, 2021 at 04:34.

Tactician

Watchdog

September 23rd, 2021, 22:56
The second update was released showcasing some clothes.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…/posts/3309594
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)

September 24th, 2021, 09:52
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
You know what, I'll have another look at the pitch and see.

EDIT: What the hell. I've pledged for the game.

Hope it works out.
Thank you so much for the support!

Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
Hey Neptunegames, if you have a pre-alpha demo even, I have a list of Videologger-streamers, Twitchers, Youtubers that can get the advertising out for this game to millions.
Thank you a ton for the help, really appreciate it!

While the game is playable, we don't have a demo… the UI for many things like inventory, merchants, journal, main menu, etc. has no art yet (it's really ugly to see), we're missing some crucial assets (the loot box is a grey cube) and we didn't create the tutorial yet.

Do you think there's a way to ask them to talk about the game? It'd be of immense help.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The second update was released showcasing some clothes.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…/posts/3309594
Thank you for sharing it!

NeptuneGames

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kickstarter Games - BioSynth