|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Default What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

June 9th, 2018, 19:43
That fellow who played young luke was pretty stuck up and it showed in the films. Also yes jar jar was annoying and made the movies very unenjoyable. I can see that it was intended that he be grating but to do it to a degree that it makes the movie harsh to watch is (imho) overdone and bad directing.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

June 9th, 2018, 20:06
Hayden Christensen was just plain bad as Anakin Skywalker. I don't know if that was due more to him or the way he was directed though. To be fair, I've seen other movies he was in where he wasn't nearly as bad. In fact I thought he was quite good in the film 'Jumper'.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

June 9th, 2018, 20:08
young Darth, you mean.. Luke is his son
There are so few movies and series i would enjoy if i couldn't handle a few very short scenes with some shitty character that i dislike.. I can even endure stuff like Game of Thrones even though i really dislike Emma Clarke's acting.. edit: or is it emilia perhaps, the dragon queen or "turbo brows" who looks like something from The Sims game, quite scary tbh..
--
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners."
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

June 10th, 2018, 05:38
Just watched Avengers Infinity War, man what a fun movie to watch, loved it, and somehow managed to make it this far without reading/watching any spoilers.

On a side note, if you guys are in the USA and like to watch movies frequently, have you heard of Moviepass? I just used it for the first time, for $10/month you can watch as many movies as you want (can't repeat though), or the plan I got, for $8/month you can watch up to 3 movies a month, so guess that'll be Avengers, Deadpool 2 and Solo for June

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

June 10th, 2018, 09:30
I went and saw "Hereditary" last night…ugh. I fell for the advertising campaign - "scariest movie in years!" - that they are running to hype this movie. I hated it! It really sucked. It isn't even much of a horror flick, but is much more of a black comedy. Not scary in the least. Every year recently it seems like there is a horror film that is surrounded by hype and proclamations of how scary it is, then I go and see it, and find out that its another lemon.

And they have a new trailer out for what looks like a new Halloween movie. The cool thing is they have a now elderly Jamie Lee Curtis coming back, and the best thing is the return of the classic and spooky original Halloween theme. But already, I'm starting to think the movie may end up sucking, even though the trailer looks pretty good --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1ePFp-nBI
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

June 10th, 2018, 09:47
Watched Doctor Strange last night. I usually like the Marvel films for a bit of light entertainment, but I didn't get on with this one. The acting was fine - particularly Tilda Swinton, who was excellent, and Benedict Cumberbatch was well cast. But the humour, normally a strong point, felt forced (the Beyoncé joke was painful) and the bad guys were even more generic than usual. The worse thing was that the central concept - wizards that can change reality and time, seemingly at will - meant that the inevitable CGI heavy finale totally lost coherence and tension and I totally stopped caring about the outcome. Oh well - I expect I'll enjoy Black Panther and Infinity War more when I finally get around to them!

Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
the best thing is the return of the classic and spooky original Halloween theme.
I love that theme. I generally love all of John Carpenter's themes to be honest. The theme for Escape from New York is a personal favorite. Anyway, I didn't know there was a new Halloween in the works, thanks for the heads up!

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

June 10th, 2018, 11:23
I don't have moviepass but it is on very shaky (financial) grounds. No one should be surprise if it goes belly up in less than a year….

Originally Posted by wolfing View Post

On a side note, if you guys are in the USA and like to watch movies frequently, have you heard of Moviepass? I just used it for the first time, for $10/month you can watch as many movies as you want (can't repeat though), or the plan I got, for $8/month you can watch up to 3 movies a month, so guess that'll be Avengers, Deadpool 2 and Solo for June

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 10th, 2018, 12:23
Originally Posted by you View Post
I don't have moviepass but it is on very shaky (financial) grounds. No one should be surprise if it goes belly up in less than a year….
Well then I'll use it while it works! Where I live, just watching one movie already pays for it with $4 to spare.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

June 10th, 2018, 17:19
Yea, good tip about this "moviepass". There are some movies coming up for the summer that I'm interested to go and see, and this will save me money, its a hell of a discount!

And even if the company say, goes out of business, I want to take advantage of it in the meantime. Just over the summertime, if nothing else.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

June 10th, 2018, 22:07
Be sure to check for exclusion in your area. Not sure how wide spread they are with regards to regions.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 10th, 2018, 22:42
God bless David Lynch for turning down an offer to direct Return of the Jedi. To thine own self be true, keep that integrity intact, Mr. Lynch!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 01:58
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
God bless David Lynch for turning down an offer to direct Return of the Jedi. To thine own self be true, keep that integrity intact, Mr. Lynch!
loading…
--
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

June 11th, 2018, 03:45
That is simply priceless!!! Dune was tough enough to watch, lol!

Thank goodness for the book

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 11th, 2018, 08:06
That was pretty funny especially Yoda doing the Black Lodge speak.

What was wrong with Dune though? I get that fans of the book are pissy about some of the changes he made, but I thought the film on its own was excellent.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 11th, 2018, 10:23
I thought Dune was great when i saw it ages ago. I have the fan-cut downloaded but haven't watched it yet..
--
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

June 11th, 2018, 16:17
My problem with Dune is that I adored the book. Absolutely no problem at all with what Lynch did with the project, except to tell the story that movie or television show would have to much longer, and he didn't have that kind of time. The casting, production, cinematography and directorship were all top notch, in my opinion.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 11th, 2018, 16:27
I thought the film was a bit of a mess, and certainly didn't do the book justice. Lynch had a creative battle with the suits, and took his name off it. I think the muddle is apparent. It still has a unique charm, though, and I find it pretty watchable.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

+1:

June 15th, 2018, 05:34
So anybody seen this new trailer for Disney's Tim Burton remake of Dumbo?

loading…
--
"Haga Berka Gopa Unama Innrev " - Trump Minion #1

Translation: "Make America great again Donald"

Couchpotato

Trump Minion #1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

June 15th, 2018, 05:37
Tim Burton + …Dumbo? oh dear.

Hmm… Michael Keaton & Danny Devito though!

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

June 15th, 2018, 05:37
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
My problem with Dune is that I adored the book. Absolutely no problem at all with what Lynch did with the project, except to tell the story that movie or television show would have to much longer, and he didn't have that kind of time. The casting, production, cinematography and directorship were all top notch, in my opinion.
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I thought the film was a bit of a mess, and certainly didn't do the book justice. Lynch had a creative battle with the suits, and took his name off it. I think the muddle is apparent. It still has a unique charm, though, and I find it pretty watchable.
ScFy's channels Dune and Children of Dune nailed the Books and setting. The movie itself wasn't bad, but it tried to follow the book, and CGI wasn't that great yet.

loading…

loading…
--
"Haga Berka Gopa Unama Innrev " - Trump Minion #1

Translation: "Make America great again Donald"

Couchpotato

Trump Minion #1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread