|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 76 - E3 Trailer

Default Fallout 76 - E3 Trailer

June 11th, 2018, 05:33
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
ouch. That bad? I dunno, but yea, fallout 76 is pretty disappointing, at least from what we know so far.
Yeah. I mean, it's not just that. Bethesda has been moving in a divergent path from my interests for some time. That said, the traditional Bethesda open-world sandbox and exploration not necessarily dependant upon the story always gets me in the end.

But their more-recent choices -- continued dumbing down of character creation and development, a voiced protagonist with a crappy BioWare dialogue wheel and paid mods that are all downloaded to my computer via the lovely Creation Club regardless of whether or not I actually choose to pay for them -- are all adding up to me not really wanting to bother with all the mess. There are too many good games out there. I have a large backlog of good games I still need to play -- and I'm talking actual good games, not just the crappy ones I have a million more of.

So, barring hearing good news from Bethesda in the future along some of those lines I mentioned above, yeah, I'm feeling pretty done with them right now.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 05:36
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Does this mean no modding?
It will have no external mod support.

Two reason probably why:
  1. To prevent cheating
  2. To make money off in-game online purchases
So I guess Bethesda will be using the creation club/online portal to sell stuff.
--
"Haga Berka Gopa Unama Innrev " - Trump Minion #1

Translation: "Make America great again Donald"

Couchpotato

Trump Minion #1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 05:39
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
And you can bet that will be the case with subsequent TES/Fallout titles if this proves to be a successful model. Insta-buy Bethesda lemmings beware.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 05:43
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
And you can bet that will be the case with subsequent TES/Fallout mods if this proves to be a successful model. Insta-buy Bethesda lemmings beware.
It looks probable as the creation club is their platform of choice it seems.

On another sour note the Beta page is unavailable after to many sign-ups. So it's safe to say millions will probably buy this, play this, and support it for years to come.

Link - https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm…o-server-crash

#Fallout 76 not my Fallout.
I suggest adopting a default mindset of assuming that there will henceforth absolutely not be any form of modding support, until such time that we may get literal confirmation from Bethesda of continuing modding support and a CK/GECK/CS for each of the following games:
  • Fallout 76
  • Starfield
  • the rumored Game of Thrones open world RPG
  • TES 6
  • Fallout 5
  • etc.
In the absence of officially getting literal confirmation directly from Bethesda I will assume the answer is No, there will not be modding support for any of these titles outside of Creation Club. I think going into E3 counting on mod support for 76 only to find out that in fact there won't be any and therefore also calling into question the assumption that TES6/FO5 will assuredly have modding support would be a very upsetting situation.

For now, consider the question: Will you still want Fallout 76 & the other games in the complete absence of modding as it exists in Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim & Fallout 4. How would you evaluate Bethesda games in the absence of modding support?
--

Last edited by Couchpotato; June 11th, 2018 at 05:59.

Couchpotato

Trump Minion #1

June 11th, 2018, 05:44
And let me just add to the list in light of recent posts:

Bethesda enforcing paid mods only for their games -- and, hence, their own sizeable cut of the sales of mods -- is a business practice that will result in a personal boycott of Bethesda from me, for all the good it will do.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 11th, 2018, 06:06
I can't wait for the single-player The Elder Scrolls VI… but I guess I'll have to.

In the meantime, Fallout 76 looks much better than expected… 4 times the size of FO4 with OPTIONAL multi-player. I had already written it off as Fallout: Online, but as long as I can quest and explore that massive world in solitude, I'm ok with it… after all, who needs friends?

Dozens (not hundreds or thousands) of players in a wasteland four times the size of Fallout 4… So encounters with other players should be infrequent. I'm guessing (hoping and praying) my Pip-Boy has a transponder than can be toggled on/off. That way, only players who want to be found will show up on the map.

Not sure how the balancing, loot sharing, and questing is going to work in the SP-MMO hybrid… and I'm not sure Todd knows either… that's what the BETA is for. I assume it'll be this summer since the game is due Nov 14th.

BTW, what happens when other players acquire launch codes and nuke you while you're minding your own business exploring the wasteland? Do we die a horrible death only to be reborn in the vault, or do we become irradiated and acquire a new perk tree?

Preordering Power Armor Collector's Edition now… only $600 on eBay!

Vindicator

Primordial Dragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 06:43
Eh… maybe on a sale for 20$ or so.
Not worth more, certainly not without mods.

TheSHEEEP

Sentinel

June 11th, 2018, 07:08

Two reason probably why:
  1. To prevent cheating
  2. To make money off in-game online purchases
So I guess Bethesda will be using the creation club/online portal to sell stuff.
For all intents and purposes the Fallout series is dead as an RPG. I guess Fallout will be continued through total mod conversions now. At least modders seem to be able to convert Fallout 4 to a high degree.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 07:09
I agree with the comments saying there won't be mods for fallout 76, at least, not unofficial ones available on places like nexus mods. It is after all an online type game.

But whether bethesda chooses to blockade all free mods from future games that are likely single player focused, I doubt it. That would shock me. If they made it so most mods were paid and only available through their creation club, with perhaps a smattering of free mods meant to entice players to spend money on the paid ones. No, that would be going too far, in my opinion, and could alienate players on a wide scale. But then, with greed these days and gaming companies and their shenanigans they pull, you never know.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 07:23
loading…

Hope it makes you laugh and lighten the mood about Fallout 76.
--

Couchpotato

Trump Minion #1

+1:

June 11th, 2018, 07:32
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
But whether bethesda chooses to blockade all free mods from future games that are likely single player focused, I doubt it. That would shock me. If they made it so most mods were paid and only available through their creation club, with perhaps a smattering of free mods meant to entice players to spend money on the paid ones. No, that would be going too far, in my opinion, and could alienate players on a wide scale. But then, with greed these days and gaming companies and their shenanigans they pull, you never know.
I hope you're right. It would certainly alienate me, but I don't think I'm Bethesda's demographic anymore. I think Bethesda's demographic plays on a console and doesn't bother with mods in the first place, unless buying them on a T.V. screen.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 11th, 2018, 07:32
I've been a big Bethesda fan since Morrowind but I'll probably skip this one. (I was a fan after playing Daggerfall but Morrowind made me a BIG fan)

I've seen enough "It's multiplayer but it's also excellent as a pure single-player game" promises to know that I can't trust Fallout 76 to be single-playery-enough that I'll enjoy it.

After seeing the livestream I figured I'd give the Beta a go and see if it's worth my money but just went onto their site and it seems that the only way to access the Beta is to pre-order the game.

Oh well, I'll just wait for Starfield but if I can find enough reviews from people who are ONLY reviewing the single-player experience that are positive I'll possibly end up buying it at some point.

The Brown Dragon

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 07:46
As I said before, it looks like shit. I'm not slightly surprised after the mess that was Fallout 4. I'm also definitely not in the demographics of Bethesda (and neither Bioware) anymore. Yeah, I guess all things have to change. Skyrim was their last decent game and, while I'm somewhat curious about the new space game and TES6, I'm concerned that they might be crap, too. Oh, well, I'll always have Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.

GabrielMP_19

Vault Survivor

+1:

June 11th, 2018, 07:55
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
In the meantime, Fallout 76 looks much better than expected… 4 times the size of FO4 with OPTIONAL multi-player. I had already written it off as Fallout: Online, but as long as I can quest and explore that massive world in solitude, I'm ok with it… after all, who needs friends?
Personally, I think you're being overly optimistic regarding a solo experience, but I hope I'm wrong.

You have to keep in mind that FO76 isn't being designed around playing solo. Just because you'll be able to play alone doesn't mean it's going to be like playing a single-player game.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 07:58
Again, my biggest problem is the PvP and 'every character in a real person.'

ESO is actually a decent singleplayer game. You can just focus on doing quests for NPCs and other players don't bother you, so it's essentially a co-op Skyrim. If 76 were something like that without fetch/grinding quests, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it on sale.

Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
I had already written it off as Fallout: Online, but as long as I can quest and explore that massive world in solitude, I'm ok with it… after all, who needs friends?

Supposedly there are no NPCs, so it would get boring fast.

Silver Coin

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 09:42
Knew I should of finished the presentation thanks for a heads up.

loading…
Is that Hammerfell?

Music is a bit like mix of Skyrim and Oblivion tho.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 10:05
This is an online survival game ?

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/10/…ine-only-game/
--
With pvp and no user mods. Oh well I guess no more Bethesda for myself.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 14:52
I don't see the MP as optional as you can't play in a world with just yourself. What is optional is whether you play solo or with others.

The crucial question for me would be whether you can disable PVP by a flag. If PVP is always on then that would completely kill any interest. As would not having any NPC's, quests, or the like in the game. If it is just a soft survival shooter not much interest.

If the servers were like Conan Exiles then it would be cool - as then you could control who is on them and truly play solo if you wanted … but I have seen nothing that indicates this.

Overall not that interested as it sounds boring if there is no story, companions, quests, NPC's, etc. and its more just a shooter and base building game. Maybe the survival aspects would be fun though. Too hard to say but admit my bias is a bit negative at this point.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 15:24
Streamers will be streaming it. Conformists on this site will not accept change.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 15:41
The question is who'll be watching.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 76 - E3 Trailer