West of Loathing - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
West of Loathing — a slapstick comedy stick-figure wild west adventure RPG has been released:

West of Loathing

Say howdy to West of Loathing - a single-player slapstick comedy adventure role-playing game set in the wild west of the Kingdom of Loathing universe. Traverse snake-infested gulches, punch skeletons wearing cowboy hats, grapple with demon cows, and investigate a wide variety of disgusting spittoons.

Talk your way out of trouble as a silver-tongued Snake Oiler, plumb the refried mysteries of the cosmos as a wise and subtle Beanslinger, or let your fists do the talking as a fierce Cow Puncher. Explore a vast open world and encounter a colorful cast of characters, some of whom are good, many of whom are bad, and a few of whom are ugly.

Features:

• a sprawling open world, chock full of danger, quests, puzzles, and mysteries
  • lush hand-drawn black and white graphics
  • full stick-figure customization
  • thousands of jokes, gags, and goofs
  • crunchy turn-based combat (but only if you want it)
  • liberal use of the Oxford comma
  • over 50 hats
  • disreputable saloons
  • several gulches
  • a drunk horse
  • NOTE: characters are not literally colorful (the game is in black and white)
More information.

I recall we sometimes reported on Kingdom of Loathing. I don't recall a whole lot of control of the game by the player. Anyone try this yet?

Love the look of the game! Steam reviews are overwhelmingly positive, though my hunch is it might be a bit light on the mechanics for my taste.

Love the look of the game! Steam reviews are overwhelmingly positive, though my hunch is it might be a bit light on the mechanics for my taste.

Yes this. Kingdom of Loathing was too limited for me to actually enjoy. Even at $10 it seems to high a price. And I'm generally turned off of side scrollers.

Back
Top Bottom