Last game(s) you bought

I bought Shadowrun HK on that supersale for £3.
I only started and finished the first full mission. It feels like the other two games for now.

I think I will enjoy it. It's a bit my kind of game, some combat, some story, some combat, some story.

We'll see how it goes. apparently it's about 20-30 hours of gameplay too which is great value for £3 if it's as much fun as the other two games.

It seems there's also one new fan-campaign with really good reviews, so I amy try that after the main game.

Already own it, but Gothic series is on sale on GOG right now for dirt cheap.

Giana Sisters Director's Cut - which comes with the expansion "Rise of the Owlverlord".
Owls play a role there.

Just tried the Piñata on GoG, paid £2.39 and what a surprise - I got Man O' War: Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles (which is currently worth £17.29).

Brilliant, I was interested in this game before and now got it! Thanks GoG.

Did you try it? It is good?

Last edited:
The Revolution 25th Anniversary Collection Box. It copntains all "Broken Sword" games made by them. In Germany, the series is called "Baphomets Fluch" series after the German title of the very first game in that series.
I was a huge fan at one point, and I think the third game might list me as a fan, too.

And Torchlight. Because of the recommendation of someone here. With only 3 Euros I just couldn't do much wrong, I thought. ;)

( Apart from that I bought myself the Yellow Submarine movie on DVD, a long planned thing. )

Balrum (unfortunately only the first 50h of the game (1/2 to 2/3 of the content maybe) is fun, after that it gets tedious)

Fall of the Dungeon Guardians - Enhanced.

Any good? I played the non-enhanced edition for an hour or so a while back and quite enjoyed it, but put it down for something new and never went back. I'm curious about the "enhanced" edition.

Any good? I played the non-enhanced edition for an hour or so a while back and quite enjoyed it, but put it down for something new and never went back. I'm curious about the "enhanced" edition.

I honestly couldn't tell the difference :)

But I didn't play it much. It's one of those games I think I'll enjoy on a rainy day - but I don't know when I'll get around to it.

I bought Darkwood but refunded it before the prologue even ended. My eyes keep trying to bring the game into focus and it gives me a headache. It's just fuzzy and my brain doesn't like that it seems.

I have very poor eyesight....

I just made a bargain bin deal, a bundle of 3 games for a laughable price. Hubby didn't find a game that interested him so I bought Fallout 4, Final Fantasy XV (my son had expressed interest in both a while ago) and Prey for the one who wrote this post.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

Why, oh, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I mean in just a few months:

Yes, the boss (?) hairworks fur is not possible on nonPC versions.

1) The incredible offer was for now and not for in a few weeks.
2) I don't care about realistically modelled hair in games unless a game is about hairdressing.
3) It's for sonny, anyway, and I love to watch him game in the living room.

Soma, an underwater sci-fi horror game set under the Atlantic ocean. Decent reviews and interesting concept, and most importantly it was on a substantial price drop on Steam. :) Not sure when I'll get to play it, but it's joining the backlog….

Tyranny, Expeditions Viking and Sherlock Holmes (crimes and punishments) while it was on sale. My huge backlog just keeps on growing, I can't help my self. Anyone else got huge backlogs? (reckon i've got one of the biggest).

My Backlog is actually below 10 games. And some of the games in there are actually there because I hope they still get better (Blade of Destiny HD, Heroes of Steel RPG, Bounty Train). And then there is Elite Dangerous in it which I'd likely play when I get VR at some point.

My general rule of thumb is:
Don't buy anything if you don't plan to play it until the next major sale.

Not exactly a game, but today I picked up a new monitor. It's an LG 34' UltraWide with IPS panel. Just brilliant. Best monitor I've had up to date. And I had to test it out in Witcher 3 @ 3440x1440 with everything on max @ 60+ fps. Looks amazing.

Then I tried Doom, and I constantly feel I'm playing with 120 FOV.
The movie experience is also frikkin amazing, as long as the movie supports 21:9. or a format that can easily be scaled properly.
Very happy about the purchase.

And just to not be completely off-topic, I also picked up the new Tyranny: Bastard's Wound DLC. Haven't played Tyranny yet, but I'll gladly support Obsidian.

Back
Top Bottom