Risen Scroll creation problem

rockyourazz

Watchdog
Hi there, let me explain my problem:

I have sneaked into Volcano Keep to see if I can learn magic before I join any faction, I got the main gates opened, got all three magic crystals (fire,ice,magic), done a whole bunch of stuff and started learning scroll creation… with 3:3 tie in harbor town… I have learned four out of six of the spells for illumar but I can't seem to get "Tell joke" and "nautilus" to be in the text options when you need to tell illumar about your progress… I even have a rune of "tell joke" that states that a pearl is needed to make a scroll of it but it is as if I still don't know that… I have also read the transformation book next to the nautilus transformation crystal in the library along with every other book there (I am on 88 Knowledge)… My character should "know" these spells already shouldn't he? or maybe I can't complete that or learn magic before joining a faction?

Any help will be welcomed…and thanks…

Got in without getting caught, eh? Good work but you won't be able to learn magic (except scrolls) until Ch2 and only as an Order guy (rune seals only as a mage). If you know illusion, tell Enzo in exchange for nautilus and then tell the kid in the room with Illumar in exchange for jest. ...although there might be a problem with dialog if you're not really aligned.

Thanks fragonard, I did talk and even help out enzo and his friend with the turkey they needed but they wont tell me anything more… I have skim-played as an order guy late last night to see the differences and off course there are some differences and I don't think I got it either (I don't remember if I gave them the turkey though… I need to try again…) and I played just now as one of the Don's people and it was very different learning scrolls this way - you get offered immediately after getting a quill (and enzo doesn't have one on him to steal)…

If enzo and that guy are supposed to give me that information then I guess it can't be helped… I will try a little more out of curiosity though… Thanks again for the info fragonard

BTY:
It is surprisingly easy to get in the monastery from the very beginning of the game and no one seems to be bothered by your presence except for pallas which I had to avoid talking to unless I wanted to be forcefully recruited (still snuck up on him and robbed him though :))

Here are picture-instructions (taken when I am already one of the Don's men - not the game in question):

Attachments

• monastery1.jpg
    monastery1.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 26
  • monastery2.jpg
    monastery2.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 27
  • monastery3.jpg
    monastery3.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Yes, just for referrence, the Pallas dialogue is the main monastery quests trigger. I managed to evade Pallas (joke spell) after normal entry and wandered aimlessly around the monastery as a 'castaway' obviously unable to do any quests and therefore confirming that you have to be aligned to a faction prior to Pallas's dialogue so as to continue monastery quests.

PS. thats a nice picture sequence, i suppose exit from the monastery would be by the same route...?

Hi Wulf... I was actually very optimistic because most of the conversations were as if I had joined the order and I have advanced in the quests but I think you are right...
Without talking to pallas I will not get Aric and Vitus to talk to me and get into basic training for magic... still had a blast though just because it was that forbidden to go there and yet they were all very nice to me :)

Thanks for your post Wulf and yeah... that is also the east way out...

Well rockyourazz, i listened with great intent to what you were saying and i must admit you got where i did'nt expect you would. so much so that i reloaded a past save in Harbour Town before joining any faction, i did the kill-the-cow quest and and returning Walters staff quest and have managed to convince Scordo who then gave me the trusted package for the Don. In the process i have kept/retained the five armour plates and the three golden bowls.
I returned to Don Esteban and joined up as a hunter and got the armour, but mainly, i got the quest to visit the inquisitor. I then hurried to the monastery and was quite surprised that they allowed me both in and out again without doing any quests!
Though i know that you must join a faction to progress to Chapter-2, i want to explore all maximum possible progressions first.

Thanks for the incentive, will see what gives. :)

Thanks Wulf - I am so happy that one of my posts was found remotely helpful/interesting by anyone :)

I am having the time of my life just running around and finding everything I can do that wasn't meant to be done for a whole month now.... Who needs chapter 2 anyway :)
..... . . . . . . . . .
(just kidding.... I do)

Back
Top Bottom