The FCK DRM Initiative by GOG

You still believe a government is not a company itself? With marketing schemes and scams? With supporting whatever?
Good luck.

You are confusing DRM with anti-cheat systems. I don't care if my opponent bought the game or not, I care if they use wallhacks.

They can wall hack easier if they can get the game for free.

You still believe a government is not a company itself? With marketing schemes and scams? With supporting whatever?
Good luck.

What I believe doesn't change the fact that GOG's main marketing tagline is DRM free games, yet they still use DRM in some capacity. Besides, that type of behavior is unacceptable anywhere, but the title of this thread is "The FCK DRM Initiative by GOG" not "The government is hypocritical"

They can wall hack easier if they can get the game for free.

I would argue it's easier to download a game from Steam or GOG than to search for a non-shady pirate site, download, crack the game, hunt down missing perquisites (VisualC++, DirectX), and then you get to play.

There are always exceptions to a rule.
But then there must be an exception to the always-an-exception rule or the rule itself is an exception to the rule. But then the rule isn't true because there's an an exception to the no-exceptions rule. But... ow. My brain hurts.

I would argue it's easier to download a game from Steam or GOG than to search for a non-shady pirate site, download, crack the game, hunt down missing perquisites (VisualC++, DirectX), and then you get to play.

Once you hack it once you can use that as many times as you want, if you do that on steam, you have to make another steam account if you want to play again and spend the money for the game every time you make a new account.

What I find so sad is that so many games of which I know translated versions to exist are not available on GOG. For example Caesar III and its following games. I'm still waiting for the German-language versions of these games - which I have on CD.
Or much lesser known games I'd *really* like to replay again, like Keepsake.

More like "The FCK STM Initiative" amirite? ;)

Well, monopolies are bad and now that Desura is dead, GOG seems to be the only real competition to Steam. While Humble store sells some DRM-free copies, for the most part they're just selling Steam keys as are all the other options I'm familiar with. Besides, I prefer to give money to CDPR over Valve.

GOG ain't perfect but I find it to be much better than Steam overall. While I've warmed up to Steam a bit in recent years, I still prefer the feeling of actually owning copies of my games (ie., not needing some client to DL / update / install them). Never play online games so I can't say I care if you have to use Galaxy to play them. If they start making Galaxy mandatory for their SP games then I'd have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom