Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Gone Gold

Christ. Those things look like something that's been freshly excised by a dermatologist.
Blasphemy but they are known for burning your mouth.

Mysterious collars? He has cat(s?), even takes one up during the video.

Ubisoft are very creepy with their diversity BS.

When i first saw the two main voice actors i thought "ah great now they don't need to fake their accents". But no. It took them ages (according to one of the actors) to find these two non-American looking voice actors (who are as american as it gets) How.. diverse of Ubisoft.

Whenever I see the AC Origins starting screen I cringe! It goes like this,

"Produced by a multicultural team…"
"of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities."

Having said that, I have no issues if they want to get Greek person to voice Greek character, they have more chances of sounding Greek than the rest of us!

That line appears in every single AC game, not only in Origins.
The first time I saw it, my reaction was who tf cares, this better be a good game or go home.

For whatever reason, I don't like earlygame voiceovers in Odyssey. The problem is sadly not with voice pitch, pronouncing or actors. It's text lines. More than one feels disjointed. I don't see how can anyone "live" that dialogue.
But it's earlygame.

Whenever I see the AC Origins starting screen I cringe!
The first Assassin's Creed took place in a muslim country, and was released not so long after 11/9… It is pretty easy to understand, if paranoïa didn't annihilate your capacity for reasoning, why they put this disclaimer.
Believe or not, it means they didn't want to be affiliated with any political agenda.

Now, If this private company want to have percentage of non-white employees in their rank, it's their buziness; and I sincerely fail to understand why some of you care at all.

I feel really weird defending them, as I hate Ubi. But I hate this company for making shitty games and scams, you know, things that actually concerned me…

You guys are not so different from the boogeymen SJW's that you're so obssessed with: bitching around and sparkling outrages about things that have no incidence on your life whatsoever.
Just two sides of the same coin, really.

Last edited:
Well said Winterfart. I fail to see what is bad about treating other human beings decently and fairly regardless of their diversity. I am not big on being overly PC, and think it gets taken to extremes too often, but the way people react around here sounds like they don't get, or understand, the importance of accepting people from different backgrounds, race, orientation, gender, or even religion. Minority rights are not just gained by doing nothing - it takes work and effort to get those rights from privileged classes that are, at best, blind to their own privilege or, at worse, think they deserve that privilege because they consider themselves better than other people.

I think its good when anyone or any company takes a stand like this. Glad to support the game.

The first Assassin's Creed took place in a muslim country, and was released not so long after 11/9… It is pretty easy to understand, if paranoïa didn't annihilate your capacity for reasoning, why they put this disclaimer.
Believe or not, it means they didn't want to be affiliated with any political agenda.

Now, If this private company want to have percentage of non-white employees in their rank, it's their buziness; and I sincerely fail to understand why some of you care at all.

I feel really weird defending them, as I hate Ubi. But I hate this company for making shitty games and scams, you know, things that actually concerned me…

You guys are not so different from the boogeymen SJW's that you're so obssessed with: bitching around and sparkling outrages about things that have no incidence on your life whatsoever.
Just two sides of the same coin, really.

I don't want to go too much into this as it will turn into another P&R thread.

AC Origins was my first AC game so I don't know the context behind it. I have never seen any disclaimer like this on any game before so seeing it for the first time was very odd. The reason for the cringe is that it sounded very boastful. It sounded like they were declaring their moral superiority over others and the whole thing get bit tired when you see if every time you start the game!

bitching around and sparkling outrages about things that have no incidence on your life whatsoever.

This is where you are wrong but this is not place for the why :)

Well said Winterfart. I fail to see what is bad about treating other human beings decently and fairly regardless of their diversity. I am not big on being overly PC, and think it gets taken to extremes too often, but the way people react around here sounds like they don't get, or understand, the importance of accepting people from different backgrounds, race, orientation, gender, or even religion. Minority rights are not just gained by doing nothing - it takes work and effort to get those rights from privileged classes that are, at best, blind to their own privilege or, at worse, think they deserve that privilege because they consider themselves better than other people.

I think its good when anyone or any company takes a stand like this. Glad to support the game.

I simply said, I cringed since I don't want a lesson on morality from the likes of Ubisoft. How did you went from that to claiming I don't want diversity, equality etc?

No one has said anything about not treating others poorly etc. We all want to be treated equally regardless of out skin colour, gender, sexual orientation, etc. I have no issues etc.

The reason for the cringe is that it sounded very boastful. It sounded like they were declaring their moral superiority over others (…)
It's just the French way :p
Nothing new.

The thing is, I don't see people around here posting the works of Anita Sarkesian, and banging on about underrepresentation and intersectional feminism. There's talk about world politics in P&R, of course, but in the general gaming forums I'm not seeing it. I'm not sure why we need the similarly tedious ramblings from the other extreme.

The thing is, I don't see people around here posting the works of Anita Sarkesian, and banging on about underrepresentation and intersectional feminism. There's talk about world politics in P&R, of course, but in the general gaming forums I'm not seeing it. I'm not sure why we need the similarly tedious ramblings from the other extreme.

What "tedious ramblings" though? I only said I cringed :) if anything, Winterfart and wolfgrimdark wrote more about it than anybody else on the "other side" :p

What "tedious ramblings" though? I only said I cringed :) if anything, Winterfart and wolfgrimdark wrote more about it than anybody else on the "other side" :p

I was thinking about the need to have all these stories and videos from various angry Internet denizens, rather than than specific member comments. I'm just saying, it's not like we're all sitting around in a vegan drum circle, clicking our fingers at videos denouncing "the Patriarchy". :biggrin: I'm just not sure why we need the reactionary equivalent.

Last edited:
I was thinking about the need to have all these stories and videos from various angry Internet denizens, rather than than specific member comments. I'm just saying, it's not like we're all siting around in a vegan drum circle, clicking our fingers at videos denouncing "the Patriarchy". :biggrin: I'm just not sure why we need the reactionary equivalent.

Ah got you. I skipped the video so that didn't come into my mind as ramblings. :)

Well I didn't mean to make a specific target which is why I avoided names (and really wasn't responding to your posts Lostforever as much as I was some others in general around here). More that I notice that when a game shows some support for diversity some folks come out around here like an angry mob about some SJW agenda. While the extreme SJW is as bad as the extreme opposite side I think a lot of this is more just companies showing support for diversity which I think is a positive and humane thing to do. Unless you are a bigot I don't really get why it should matter if a game has minority representation or has characters that range from beautiful/handsome to ugly. But I also know bigots really like to hide behind the pretense it is some other trivial matter that is the cause of them being upset, although that is usually fairly easy to spot.

Anyhow Ripper said it much better than I did and in a less reactionary way so better to just read his statement.

I tend to view it all as a non-issue when a game has diverse characters. It doesn't normally even come onto my radar. They are all just characters in a make believe game world.

Well I didn't mean to make a specific target which is why I avoided names (and really wasn't responding to your posts Lostforever as much as I was some others in general around here). More that I notice that when a game shows some support for diversity some folks come out around here like an angry mob about some SJW agenda. While the extreme SJW is as bad as the extreme opposite side I think a lot of this is more just companies showing support for diversity which I think is a positive and humane thing to do. Unless you are a bigot I don't really get why it should matter if a game has minority representation or has characters that range from beautiful/handsome to ugly. But I also know bigots really like to hide behind the pretense it is some other trivial matter that is the cause of them being upset, although that is usually fairly easy to spot.

Anyhow Ripper said it much better than I did and in a less reactionary way so better to just read his statement.

I tend to view it all as a non-issue when a game has diverse characters. It doesn't normally even come onto my radar. They are all just characters in a make believe game world.

I am one of those who complain about "SJW agenda" not because I am against diversity but there are those who use the cover of diversity to actually discriminate against a group because of their sense of past injustices. So I hope you don't think I am bigot etc :)

I believe you all went on different tracks here not taking all facts in the mix.

1. For a reason known to them, Ubi made such intro text in all AC games. There a problem? Don't see any. Unless the game is broken pos like AC: Unity was.

2. At the same time, Ubisoft's CEO insulted PC gamers stating 99% are pirates. Was I dancing happily reading that? No. I was furious!

3. Next thing Ubi does is crippling Watch Dogs' graphics because it's too good compared to consoles' release. Further statements about 30 FPS being cinematic and other crap ment only one thing - Ubisoft hates PC audience and is making decisions instead of that very same audience. "Training" that audience to accept and then praise inferior products as if those were masterpieces.

I do see bigotry there and it's not whatever sjw, gamers nor people here. It's coming directly from Ubi.
Thus I don't cringe at their intros, the thing can only make me sick if I think much about it all so I just ignore it. I'm all for diversity of every kind, but also me, a gamer on PC, PC audience, IMO, deserved some respect. Not much, just a bit. Almost ignorable would be fine.
Instead of insults and brainwashing attempts about stuff like 4K is awsome. No it's not. No blur and 60 FPS is awsome.

Unlike previous games, AC: Odyssey allows different kind of romances and hookups. And it's IMO great, it's supposed to be RPG with choices. But I also wish it allowed 60 FPS on most common current PC setups on high graphics setting.

I agree, that intro quote from Ubi means nothing strange or bad. I dont know why someone bring it here.

If this private company want to have percentage of non-white employees in their rank, it's their buziness; and I sincerely fail to understand why some of you care at all.

I agree IF that concerns only one or two companies and IF they dont break law by doing some kind of discrimination towards possible new employees. But thats not the case here because this ideology or culture is more widespread. Maybe its already the norm in bigger companies. So your statement is shallow and naive and if you claim that this thing "have no incidence on your life whatsoever" I can reply "until you apply for a job in some medium or big company". So what you said is again NOT true.

You guys are not so different from the boogeymen SJW's that you're so obssessed with: bitching around and sparkling outrages

Who is bitching around? Does that video that Couchpotato put here means "outrage" or "bitching around"? Ridiculous.

But I hate this company for making shitty games and scams, you know, things that actually concerned me…

Its kind of paradox that you hate some company for making shitty games (I understand that) which is not really very important for your life (there are more companies that could make good games for you) while at the same time you are perfectly ok if the same (and other) company(ies) have strange job application rules based on diversity - which could be important for you or other ppl when you will try to find a new job.

wolfgrimdark said:
the importance of accepting people from different backgrounds, race, orientation, gender, or even religion. Minority rights are not just gained by doing nothing - it takes work and effort to get those rights from privileged classes

Do you talk about acceptance of some society groups (can I call that respect?) or rights? Its not the same thing. Also you talk about "privileged classes" but who is that? How do you get to know them?
Does it mean you want to take wealth from the most wealthy and powerfull ppl in the world or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom