Kingdom Come - Preview @PCGamesN

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN previewed Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance brings Skyrim crashing down to medieval reality

By Ben Barrett

I had made a lot of assumptions about Kingdom Come: Deliverance before sitting down to play it. ‘This will mostly be a sandbox,' ‘I'm not expecting a lot of story,' ‘What is there will be too ambitious for its own good' and, overall, ‘This is not for me'. None of this was correct. Far from a bold move for the Mount & Blade crown, Kingdom Come wants to be a realistic medieval Skyrim, taking you on a long adventure of side-quests, dialogue trees, and investigation. On top of that is built a first-person-only combat system in a beautiful world and it all works far better than I would have thought.

That's interesting. That's brave. That is exciting. For a small team out of Eastern Europe it's remarkably ambitious, but in a way that has a clear end goal rather than a nebulous, difficult-to-polish sandbox that meanders for too long. Warhorse Studios have avoided Early Access too, taking the £1.1 million they made on Kickstarter and investing it in a very traditional game development cycle - expanding the team from 20 people to a full 100 and getting ready for launch four years later. So far, it seems to be paying off.

[...]
More information.

Encouraging.

I guess this game will tremendously profit fromk post-release support. From all I know it's just too complex to be free of serious bugs at release. This is their first big game after all.

They also have spent a lot of time. I don't expect it to be bug free but it better be polished and stable. They have spent a long damn time trying to get it ready for consoles. I can be forgiving but you string me along too long and I start to lose interest.

Back
Top Bottom