Factorio 0.17 now "stable"

Drithius

Magic & Loss
0.17 has been in its "experimental stage for months and months (which in itself is more 'stable' than 99% of full fledged game releases…); it got pushed to the live release a couple days back.

https://factorio.com/blog/post/017-stable

A hoard of sweeping changes - as if the game wasn't already superb before! If you haven't yet dipped your toes into this joyous, life-sucking marathon of a game, now is a good time!

fff-271-factorio-cover-gds-corrected-2.png

/PR_drithiusmode_deactivate

Holycrap - over 43 thousand reviews on steam. Is this like some hidden popular thingy ?

I can honestly say it was the best money I've ever spent on a game.

The vanilla is superb.
The mods are out of this world.
The community is amazing for assistance.

Only the second-most well reviewed title on Steam, sandwiched between Portal 2 and Witcher 3 ;)

It's a game based on building a factory and challenging yourself with unique and interesting ways to solve problems. It's hard to convey just how fun and addictive it is with simple words.

But do you get to defend your factories from mob of zombies with pitch forks ?

...sorta... ish...

There are a native hostile bug infestation (picture the Zerg) on the planet that will attack en masse based on proximity and pollution production.

It depends on your settings. Some people love the defense idea and so have the settings cranked for maximum attacks etc.
Other people only play for the logic puzzle aspect and don't like the defense idea and they can turn them off.

Thanks to settings (and super easy to install mods) every aspect can be catered to.

Next version sounds even better: https://forums.factorio.com/678

The word "final" is in there a few times. Does that mean 1.00 is going to appear? I'm not sure if I should take that "0." seriously after so many years.

I do wish they put LTN in vanilla.
Then it can be 1.0

Back
Top Bottom