Gaming BS of the week

Coddy Johnson from Activision: Black Ops 4 will be an awesome and give everyone an incredible experience. :lol:

https://segmentnext.com/2018/05/04/black-ops-4-awesome/

Note from local source: it will be innovative game. :raincloud:

I think that joxer will agree with me its 100% BS of the week.

But for me even bigger BS is the fact that most gaming sites publish twaddle like this without hesitation or comments, almost as "new info". :rolleyes:

https://compete.kotaku.com/report-phillys-overwatch-contenders-jerseys-banned-bec-1825993223

The Philadelphia Fusion’s Overwatch Contenders team, University, is playing without jerseys in today’s season one finals, not due to a laundry mishap or lost luggage but apparently the giant “FU” emblazoned on their game wear.
The University, which competes in Contenders—essentially the Overwatch League’s minor league—announced on Twitter that their “FU jerseys” had been banned by Contenders for being “too hot to handle.” Fusion staff confirmed to Dot Esports that they were banned.

Ignorant censorship at work. Any chance I can buy this tshirt somewhere to show some support?
iqkpah9b5kzzmqofzryf.jpg

It is. What you don't know is that Bully was also ported to phones and that version doesn't crash on PC if played within Nox. Yeah, you don't get it for free if you have Bully already on Steam or RSC, you have to pay for it. Take2 has an unique scheme Milk'em through emulators by not fixing bugs in actual PC version.

This is a game I wouldn't touch with a ten-feet-pole.
For me, this game was BS in itself when I first saw it.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/22/we-happy-few-refused-classification-in-australia/
We Happy Few may not see a release in Australia.

The reason can be surmised from the 1(a) seen on We Happy Few’s page on the Australian Classification board (via Kotaku).
It reads, “Computer games that depict, express or otherwise deal with matters of sex, drug misuse or addiction, crime, cruelty, violence or revolting or abhorrent phenomena in such a way that they offend against the standards of morality, decency and propriety generally accepted by reasonable adults to the extent that they should not be classified.”

Drugs and drug use certainly play a big role in We Happy Few. The game’s population is hooked on a drug that blinds them of their daily realities, making them easier to manipulate.
Once I get back home I'm preordering this easy to manipulate by government dystopia game even if it ends up being turd.

The bullshit just got bigger - Australian Classification*Board detailed the decision.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...onds-to-ban-by-australian-classification-bord
As expected, it's the game's depiction of drugs that has fallen foul of the board's strict rules. The board believes that We Happy Few's "drug-use mechanic making game progression less difficult constitutes an incentive or reward for drug-use and therefore, the game exceeds the R 18+ classification that states, 'drug use related to incentives and rewards is not permitted'".
Meanwhile in Fallout 2...

But seriously, what exact problem censors have with dystopia themed fantasies? Do they believe worlds in videogames are real? What's next, banning games with evil Santa?

Yakuza games, specifically 3, 4 and 5, are being remastered on consoles and are not being ported to PC. Yes that's bullshit of it's own. But there is a bigger one.

Yakuza 3 remaster got a new cover. A remaster usually adds something, this one took something away from the cover (not from witin the game though):
d1iwzvylcxgfnuteqmiv.jpg

As you noticed already, GDPR shook the world and took some by surprise. Instead of adapting, some media outlets like Tronc and Lee Enterprises block access to users from Europe. Those who live in Europe now can't read LA Times online. Or Chicago Tribune.
While that probably ain't a big loss as we don't look for gaming news there, some services related to games (comments) like disqus did not understand it seems what GDPR is about. In these cases you cannot refuse to proceed, you have to "accept" first two options.

You will say cmon GDPR is not directly related to games. Actually it is, but not in a way you'd expect.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/mirage-arcane-warfare/mirage-arcane-warfare-gdpr-shutdown
Mirage: Arcane Warfare shuts down a year after launch thanks to GDPR

Torn Banner Studios has removed Mirage: Arcane Warfare from Steam. If you’ve missed every email in your inbox for the past two weeks, the GDPR went into effect today, and the changes required by the new regulations have spelled the end for some struggling multiplayer games, with Mirage just being the latest title among them.
This is bullshit. GDPR is only used as scapegoat - the truth is this game and some others now unavailable who point finger at GDPR are junkware noone wants to play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://wccftech.com/esa-loot-boxes-overreactions-governments/
Mike Gallagher, president of the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), took the stage during the Nordic Game Conference for his scheduled 2.6 billion and counting: industry evolution and cultural prominence talk.

As reported by GamesIndustry, during yesterday’s talk Gallagher expanded on the rather controversial stance taken by the ESA when it comes to loot boxes: that they’re not to be considered gambling.

The ‘overreactions of one or two governments’ mentioned by Gallagher is clearly a reference to the Dutch and Belgian governments investigating loot boxes as gambling. In fact, both governments have since ruled that loot boxes in some games are indeed in breach of these countries’ gambling laws and there’s a push for a European-wide regulation.
Is stating lootboxes aren't gambling nonsense? No. It is bullshit.
IMO. You may think otherwise and "buy" some.

Mirage: Arcane Warfare shuts down a year after launch thanks to GDPR

Torn Banner Studios has removed Mirage: Arcane Warfare from Steam. If you’ve missed every email in your inbox for the past two weeks, the GDPR went into effect today, and the changes required by the new regulations have spelled the end for some struggling multiplayer games, with Mirage just being the latest title among them.
From the same article:
Of course, the writing’s been on the wall for some time, as the game’s scarcely been able to maintain 100 players since launch.
Yeah, GDPR is the problem.

Yakuza games, specifically 3, 4 and 5, are being remastered on consoles and are not being ported to PC. Yes that's bullshit of it's own. But there is a bigger one.

Yakuza 3 remaster got a new cover. A remaster usually adds something, this one took something away from the cover (not from witin the game though

Did you notice how Lucky Luke at one point had only straw in his mouth instead of a cigarette ?

I do hope you know Lucky Luke …

Yeah, GDPR is the problem.

No, I don't even think so.
The stance used here is like "users are the problems when our processors have problems like Meltdown and Spectre".

Or, as I heard from a 80s satire by Otto waalkes : "The press department of the biggest chemical firm has confirmed that the rivers not dirty because of industrial and chemical waste -
- but because of the huge amount of dead fish swimming in them."

The question I ask myself is simple : Why did they decide to pull so much user data into games etc. in the first place ?

Now everyone is whining because the uncontrolled flow of user data is interrupted. The Schlaraffenland era of getting user data has come to an end.

Did you notice how Lucky Luke at one point had only straw in his mouth instead of a cigarette ?

I do hope you know Lucky Luke …
Didn't I say I'm comicbookworm a few times?
Wasn't fan of that character though.

This awardwinning standalone adresses such changes with it's title keeping it "between lines":
man_who_shot_LL_cover_400.jpg

To be honest smoking is very very unhealty and so changing a smoke to a straw isn't so bad. I guess in wealthy country there are two of many really bad habits: sugar and cigs.

Back
Top Bottom