Skyrim Bethesda = Greedy scum

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Already a thread on this. They didn't inflate it. They changed the pricing scheme so that you can't have everything for almost free. But if you already have the game but none or only part of the DLC you still get a major discount. Stop being spoiled gamer brats.

Also, the game has been out for 5 years. If you didn't buy it yet, then boohoo for you.

Already a thread on this. They didn't inflate it. They changed the pricing scheme so that you can't have everything for almost free. But if you already have the game but none or only part of the DLC you still get a major discount. Stop being spoiled gamer brats.

Also, the game has been out for 5 years. If you didn't buy it yet, then boohoo for you.

You could have easily come in here and told us that we were simply misunderstanding the equation but you didn't. I would have said, okay I was wrong. But you had to go ahead and be that gamer brat you accuse us of being. Btw, I already have the game nor am I spoiled.

You could have easily come in here and told us that we were simply misunderstanding the equation but you didn't. I would have said, okay I was wrong. But you had to go ahead and be that gamer brat you accuse us of being. Btw, I already have the game nor am I spoiled.

This is true and I apologize. My annoyance is not directed at you specifically, but more of an exasperation of an already existing group that wants everything for nothing.

The article writer is just being really dishonest/can't do basic maths, and when they're called out on it, try to cover their behinds by complaining about something that Bethesda did not have any control over: How steam displays the price of bundles.

I never pre-order these days anyway. Yet another reason not to be a foolish lemming and give into marketing hype pre-launch (Bethesda titles or otherwise).

And down they go…

Dishonored 2 might be my last Bethesda game.

I don't personally see much of a problem. I always thought preorders were a bad idea, and if they want to make us wait post-release for the reviews, fine - I'll wait until I have the information I need. I wouldn't want to play most games until the patches are in, anyway.

Well I very rarely buy anything before the actual release, so this policy doesn't affect me at all. Waiting a month or two at the very least seems to be the best strategy.

I believe it is mostly about piracy. Preview copies of a game allow the pirates to release the game before Bethesda. This probably loses them millions.

Silly name for this thread. Bethesda's trying to make as much money as possible, big deal. That's what thier supposed to do.

It would be akin to devs calling customers cheap scum for looking for deals and discounts.

I never pre-order these days anyway. Yet another reason not to be a foolish lemming and give into marketing hype pre-launch (Bethesda titles or otherwise).

So, if I choose to preorder a game, I'm a foolish lemming?

pibbur

Well, I'd just say you were a fan. There are Cub fans paying $6000 for a ticket that cost $150.

So, if I choose to preorder a game, I'm a foolish lemming?

pibbur

I wouldn't say so. If the purchase of a piece of entertainment is comfortably within one's means, and you're excited for it, it's still a rational decision. It's an easily tolerable risk you choose to take.

With regard to the evil or otherwise of Bethesda, I think this is one scenario where it's fine to let the market sort it out. If some people choose to purchase something before they've seen impartial reviews, so be it. I don't think a fairy dies every time someone makes an early purchase they might regret.

And down they go…

Dishonored 2 might be my last Bethesda game.

This article amuses me. They're accusing Bethesda of doing this for maximizing profits and selling as much as they can right away, should the game get subpar ratings. Sounds like they're trying to sound edgy and give their journalism some hits.

But let's be real here. Is anyone really expecting a Bethesda game to come out that has shitty scores?

Really this just goes in line with what Mr Toddy Howard was saying a few months ago about waiting until the game was pretty much completed before announcing it.

I wouldn't make the case that Beth games are bound to get good scores - The Evil Within was mediocre, and some of their DLC has been poor. I just think that if the whole industry moved to abolish prerelease review copies, it would be no bad thing. For one thing, it puts the smaller independent reviewers on a more even playing field with the big review sites, who often have a cozy relationship with publishers. There's even been reports of prerelease review copies being withheld as leverage for better scores.

If some people rush out and buy on day one without the benefit of reviews, I don't care.

Back
Top Bottom