Stanley Cup Playoffs 2019 edition

That was as nasty and undisciplined game for the Blues.....I don't even have the words for how disappointing a performance that was. I sure hope they can fully clean up their act before Wednesday evening!

I don't. I mean how are they going to live up to their name if the win ?

That was as nasty and undisciplined game for the Blues…..I don't even have the words for how disappointing a performance that was. I sure hope they can fully clean up their act before Wednesday evening!

Now I know how the Russians felt in 1980! Blues win despite being hopelessly outplayed last night. Good job Blues. Bad luck for the Bruins. Congrats to St. Louis!

It seemed a solid game to me, Binnington had a good night and the Blues kept their discipline in check for the entire bout. I've not been a big fan of the Blues but I have big man love for both Perron and Maroon, so it was nice to see the good guys win!! Next season isn't too far off =)

There you go 2019 edition

Rope-A-Dope is a common strategy in hockey, especially in the playoffs. I can't stand it. Not only is it not exciting to watch it's dangerous. It's never good to try and win 1-0.

However, St Lou took advantage of their opportunities when they got them, forcing a tired and hurt Bruins team to press and then leaving themselves completely open. Did you see Marchand leave the ice for that second goal? Talk about undisciplined - then later they showed how the Blues player went to the center and waited for the play to be over before leaving. Task was not able to bail them out this time - he was clearly well scouted. Had he not let in 4 goals he may still have been a candidate for the Conn Smyth.

Have no love for Berube in the least and Bennington is overrated, but not last night. You see the one save he made by pressing the puck on his arm. He was waiting for those shots and somehow able to stop them.

This should be a sign that toughness is back in the NHL. Fast rookie teams like Edmonton and Vancouver are not going to cut it in this league.

Let's see what happens tonight with the Raptors. Never been interested before even with Jordan.

It seemed a solid game to me, Binnington had a good night and the Blues kept their discipline in check for the entire bout. I've not been a big fan of the Blues but I have big man love for both Perron and Maroon, so it was nice to see the good guys win!! Next season isn't too far off =)

How was the Blue's performance "solid"? 6 shots on goal half way through the game?
Yes great goal tending. But the Bruin's mistakes were far more impactful than anything the blues did. Marchand's ill timed change was something he will have to live with for the rest of his life. Rask lets in a garbage goal. 2-0 with 4 shorts on net. After that, the Blues do what they do best and kill the clock until the Bruins are forced to take huge risks in period 3. Terrible game for the Blues who without Binnington would have been slaughtered. The Blues deserve the Cup no doubt. They played a great series. But game 7 was a clinic taught but the Bruins everywhere but on the scoreboard. Oh well that's hockey. Credit to the Blues for capitalizing on f-ups last night.

I completely agree with Lucky as he stated above, toughness is enjoying a renaissance in today's NHL. Trust me, as I sat for years in Edmonton and watched Chiarelli craft a swift and accurate team over the years, it became very clear that those days were over. The glorious hits/bumps reign supreme now, taking a player out of the equation for a brief time trumps literally any speed or accuracy player, and I'm looking at you, McDavid. You watch, defence is going to be a big factor in the next season of the NHL.

Back
Top Bottom