What games are you playing now?

Said before, I'm currently playing South Park: The Fractured Butthole.
The game isn't new and to my surprise I've found two bugs not addressed:
- impossible to talk to a certain bartender (minor, instead of him other nearby NPCs talk)
- boss battle freezes and is impossible to unstuck (critical, gamestopper caused by an unknown cause)

I mean c'mon Ubi.
If anyone is interested, the workaround for the second bug is not using charm skills and using different sidekicks in a party from those who might have caused the gamestopper.
For the first bug, no dice, it's just irritating when in a South Park game one is not able to read most probably some cheeky oneliner. :(

I gave They are Billions a try and uninstalled it after a few hours.

It's the zombie apocalypse RTS game from the makers of Lords of Xulima. I thought it looked cool, but I didn't find it enjoyable at all. It's hardcore to say the least, but not in a good way imo. I failed the first mission 3 times, and I used to be pretty good at RTS games.

There are multiple ways to fail the missions, and they all have a time limit. Add the fact that there's no save-load system during missions and it's just a recipe for frustration more than anything. I might try it again in the future but only if they make some serious changes to the game balance.

That's a real shame, I was looking forward to this releasing with a campaign mode. While I liked the idea of the game I never bought Early Access as I only tend to play these kind of games for the campaigns. So hearing that the campaign is the part that sucks the most is a massive deflation for my personal hype. I think I'll wait and see if anything changes in reaction, but most likely forget about it until some random news post in the future.

Started playing A Plague Tale: Innocence. I'm currently on chapter 4, and so far it's "ok".

The story seems interesting enough, but it's been a long time since I played a game that was this much on rails.

Also casually playing Final Fantasy VII in my spare time.

Srarted Playing Vampyr since it was on sale on GOG. Quite enjoying it, although I find the combat interface a little awkard. There seems to be no directional dodge, and I'm pretty sure I'd miss a lot if not for auto-locking. I like the atmosphere and story though.

After my disappointment with Neverwinter Nights: enhanced edition, I started playing Grimshade yesterday afternoon. I've only got about two hours in so far, and enjoying what I've seen.

Guess my luck ran out with Grimshade, while doing a quest I hit a bug that, when I look through a telescope to progress, the game crashes. Has anyone else played this game and gotten through this particular quest? What I'm wondering is, can I simply come back to this quest later in the game? I have another quest I could work on, but reading the description for that one makes it sound like I might be leaving the city, which might prevent me from finishing the one that bugged out on me.

I've been playing the Ultimate Doom collection which includes all 3 original Doom campaigns and an extra one if I understood correctly.

And, they're absolutely fantastic. The gameplay is very solid still, but I've had to run it via GZDoom so they don't look as old-school as they did. If I don't run it via GZDoom the game just freezes.

I've not managed to finish Doom back in the day, and I hope to finish it this time. The only thing is the game really gets tiring in very long sprints. So I usually have to back off after 1-2 hours of playing. But I've felt that same thing with Doom 2016, which was absolutely great, but too long stretches really tire me. I wonder if I'm just getting older :p.

Anyways, I hope to then jump onto Doom 2. And then Doom 3 and its expansions. And then replay Doom 2016, just in time for Doom Eternal.

I'm playing Beneath the Stolen Lands (Kingmaker DLC #3) and enjoying it immensely - I thought this will be my least favourite DLC, turned out my favourite :) Having fun trying out different builds against random enemies and mini bosses - wonder how tough the final baddie will be!!

Also playing Deadfire - it's much longer than I expected, working my way through side quests. I can't say I'm really enjoying it though (not that I hate it or anything, liking it better than D:OS2) - I'm getting tired of constant ship battles (I get on board the other ship straight away but there are always so many trash mobs) which is sapping fun away from exploring. When you are low level, there are so many areas marked 2-3 skulls so you have to come back later which means more ship battles!! The companions are ok so far, I actually like the "side kicks" quite a bit too. I can already go face the final baddie but there are still tons of side quests left - I'm worried I will be too overlevelled for the final boss fight by the time I get there.

I found myself firing up Final Fantasy Four yesterday, just because I think there were a few optional places that I didn't completely explore during my last run-through, which was about three years ago. Man, this is certainly one of the better FF games, even the music is worth having on, and that's not something I tolerate from most games!!!

I'm playing Beneath the Stolen Lands (Kingmaker DLC #3) and enjoying it immensely - I thought this will be my least favourite DLC, turned out my favourite :) Having fun trying out different builds against random enemies and mini bosses - wonder how tough the final baddie will be!!

Also playing Deadfire - it's much longer than I expected, working my way through side quests. I can't say I'm really enjoying it though (not that I hate it or anything, liking it better than D:OS2) - I'm getting tired of constant ship battles (I get on board the other ship straight away but there are always so many trash mobs) which is sapping fun away from exploring. When you are low level, there are so many areas marked 2-3 skulls so you have to come back later which means more ship battles!! The companions are ok so far, I actually like the "side kicks" quite a bit too. I can already go face the final baddie but there are still tons of side quests left - I'm worried I will be too overlevelled for the final boss fight by the time I get there.

Yeah the ship battles in Deadfire are a bit tedious, even if you board straight away. It might be better (or at least quicker) in RTwP mode, but in TB mode those battles can be long and and start to feel like the same battle over and over and over again. I enjoyed Deadfire, moreso than PoE, but it had its problems for sure.

Good to hear Beneath the Stolen Lands is a blast! I'm thinking I'll start off with a run at that to get a feel for character builds, so I can make a better decision about which class to play the main campaign with. Although it's a moot point at the minute - I'm in the middle of moving house and I don't have WiFi to download it. So currently I'm playing…. Baldurs Gate, again. :) This time with an elven fighter/mage. Good times.

The Grimshade issue still isn't resolved for me, the developers suggested I download some video codec thing, which didn't fix the issue. The past few days though, it seems there are complaints from people just beginning the game also having video/Unity errors, so it appears it's not just me. I'm hoping they get a fix enabled within the next day or so, at least Final Fantasy four is keeping me amused for the time being.

Still no fix for Grimshade, and after doing the optional content I'd left unfinished in Final Fantasy Four, I decided to do the final battle and then start a new plus game. I rarely if ever do the new plus modes, but I so enjoy the battle system in this game that it's keeping me amused. Not sure if I'll fully complete the run, but for now it's still highly entertaining! I'll keep checking on the Grimshade forums to see if a fix/resolution is in sight, I'd really like to complete that game.

Been playing through Doom 2, and I think I've been overdoing it with Doom. It's starting to get tiresome. I think I need a change of scenery. I'm 7 levels from finishing it, and it's either getting a lot more difficult or I'm losing patience and am starting to rush through it. I think I need to put it down for a bit, and then get back to it.

But, besides overdoing it, it's been great fun. The only issue I have is some of the levels have too many hidden mechanisms and keys. I'm really starting to hate finding keys. :D

Installed Conan Exiles and…man, I having blast! I am playing singleplayer and even if the game is oriented towards multiplayer, I have immense fun! At some point it has similarity with Gothic 1: you are thrown in behind magic barrier and must survive hostile world around you to somehow get out the there. And hostile world it is!
Everyone tries to kill you, there's danger everywhere, you must build a base to survive. Constantly upgrade to get better weapons and armor, so I am always busy. Exploring is amazing! The world is huge! It really has Conan books feeling, the mega structures and lore about Giant -kings, who enslaved people, but now are long gone with only ruins left behind.
Playing two weeks already, made to level 35 and still not dare to enter any of dungeons! Two weeks and still have urge to play this game everyday!

Conan Exiles absolutely sucks imo... gave it a shot again a couple of weeks ago to see if anything had changed over the ~1 year i didn't play, but no.. It feels 100% like an MMO but with worse story and no NPC's or quests.. It's just enemies everywhere + trees and bushes to chop and base building, that's it.

Back
Top Bottom